Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (61 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
More of a PR stunt, and them adding stuff that was not in the books, but approved by R.R Martin as things that makes sense for the events as actions that reasonably could have happend but he didnt cover in the books, its like a way to merge the two forms of telling the story. Just like how the tv show tells us who killed Joffrey in last episodes (Little finger and badass grandma), while apparently the books didnt it seems.

Apr 12, 2004
You would consider it a reverse spoiler.

- - - Updated - - -

More of a PR stunt, and them adding stuff that was not in the books, but approved by R.R Martin as things that makes sense for the events as actions that reasonably could have happend but he didnt cover in the books, its like a way to merge the two forms of telling the story. Just like how the tv show tells us who killed Joffrey in last episodes (Little finger and badass grandma), while apparently the books didnt it seems.
Exactly, I heard that in the books it was a conspiracy and Tyrion was involved. That's just what I was told.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah, but from what I'm hearing from book readers, in 18 years between first book and latest one, R.R Martin is notorious in completely underusing the white walker aspect of the story, so it should be a good thing that the tv people are taking the creative license to expand on that part of the tale instead of just ignoring it. They been starved with details it seems, and R.R Martin surely must be approving this new revealing approach to white walkers in the tv show. My bro was gobsmacked watching the final scene (dont know about the night king part yet), the fact that they showed how the white walkers "add to their numbers", and what they do to the babies, is a major game changer reveal for book series fans.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
So I'm guessing this means it's gonna be a while until the white walkers really feature on the show? I mean like fighting wars and stuff.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Oh that's what that was.

I'm assuming there will be a fight between Westeros, Danearys and the white walkers. Hopefully all at the same time. And then the regular people will realize the walkers aren't fucking around and combine their forces to defeat them. King of Westeros by then will be Jon Snow and he will bang/marry Danearys and everyone will live happily ever after.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 61)