Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (8 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Dany+Drogon = sex

I really am annoyed with the sons of the harpy. So fucking lame, one would think that the Unsullied would just own them.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Meh episode by the standards of their previous episode 9's.

Stannis just fucking lost it.

I also don't like how the Unsullied are made to look like amateurs by the Sons of the Harpy. That Drogon scene was pure sex though.

There's a lot of things to do in the next episode. Should be good.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Stannis, that was weak. Still rooting for him in the grand scheme of things or Jon Snow.

What the fuck was that last part of the episode? defied all logic. firstly why are the Unsullied bitches as @Klin said, secondly why the fuck did the sons of the harpy take turns running in one by one, thirdly why was everyone in that circle so still? fourthly if they had spears why weren't they throwing them earlier? Like when they were in the circle? fifthly if they threw spears at the dragon why did they just let fucking Danny walk up there calm as you like?

That last scene was awful, so fucking predictable, cringeworthy. Disappointing. One more EP after this?

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Dialogues killing it
- He agrees to grant you your freedom
- Pie looks good
PIE LOOKS MOTHERFUCKING GOOD :lol:

-The thin man wasn't hungry today
-Perhaps that is why a man is thin
:rofl:

the rest was boring

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
As incredibly fucked up as that is, Stannis is the Mannis exactly because of these decisions. You have to keep in mind that this isn't like religious fanatics burning people in real life, in the GoT univers, this shit actually works. Hence, Stannis has just saved the lives of most of his soldiers.

And there hasn't been a character more conflicted about a choice on this show before than Stannis in this episode. He fucking hates it.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Yes the Great Lord of Fire who carried Stannis through the Blackwater Battle....oh wait he didn't show up
If Stannis had one brain cell he would know that only the following things lead to success in Westeros:

- A game plan
- Connections
- Money
- Dragons

Everything Melisandre advised throughout the entire show brought Stannis clother to the abyss and farther away from the throne, from fratricide to shireenicide. Can't have respect for a man who is commanded by a woman and who wouldn't send her away after multiple mistakes

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Martin is such a sociopath, seriously.

That burning scene was... cold... Man that's much worse than what TWD did with the 2 girls :lol:.

That dragon though :tuttosport:.

Btw very nice of Danny to just fly away and leave all of your councelors to die there :klin:.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes the Great Lord of Fire who carried Stannis through the Blackwater Battle....oh wait he didn't show up
If Stannis had one brain cell he would know that only the following things lead to success in Westeros:

- A game plan
- Connections
- Money
- Dragons

Everything Melisandre advised throughout the entire show brought Stannis clother to the abyss and farther away from the throne, from fratricide to shireenicide. Can't have respect for a man who is commanded by a woman and who wouldn't send her away after multiple mistakes
The Battle of Blackwater was a failure precisely because Stannis didn't listen to Melisandre and didn't even take her there. I think she even talked about it like 2 or 3 episodes ago.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Martin is such a sociopath, seriously.

That burning scene was... cold... Man that's much worse than what TWD did with the 2 girls :lol:.

That dragon though :tuttosport:.

Btw very nice of Danny to just fly away and leave all of your councelors to die there :klin:.

- - - Updated - - -

The Battle of Blackwater was a failure precisely because Stannis didn't listen to Melisandre and didn't even take her there. I think she even talked about it like 2 or 3 episodes ago.
The battle was a failure because simpletons got outsmarted by Tyrion and outpowered by Tywin. No red head bitch was going to change that

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
The battle was a failure because simpletons got outsmarted by Tyrion and outpowered by Tywin. No red head bitch was going to change that
That is true, but the Fire God didn't help him there precisely because that was against his will. Stannis believed he can decide this without Melissandre and her magic. If you try to remember all of the seasons Stannis only trusted her 100% after his "normal" method (which is his military expertise) failed.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Fuck Stannis :(:cry:

He will die after this guaranteed . Still it's nice seeing things move forward , the last 2 episodes moved the plot more than the whole season . I thought they would have given the big reveal in this episode , but it seems they are steering away from the 9th episode thing and going for the big bang in the finale :D

Btw I am not a fan of Danareys , but fuck me Emilia Clarke is beautiful . Seriously all the close ups on her face are well deserved .

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

- A game plan
- Connections
- Money
- Dragons

Wat

Melisandre and her religion/magic brought Stannis: basically a bloodless victory over his brother. His one defeat, at Blackwater, was precisely because he didn't bring Melisandei along.

Her religion has literally brought people back from the dead.It's the real deal, and after this episode I have no doubt that Stannis is gonna crush the Boltons in the next one.

Oh yeah, I'm also 95% sure that Olly will kill, or try to kill Jon in the finale (or perhaps some point next season). That guy's whole existence in the show would be utterly pointless otherwise, and every scene he's been in this season has foreshadowed this one way or the other. However, if he does actually manage to off Jon, I'm also 99% sure that he's gonna be resurrected one way or the other. He's way too vital for everything.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
btw I expect the Onion Knight to try to kill either Stannis or Melissandre.

- - - Updated - - -

Wat

His one defeat, at Blackwater, was precisely because he didn't bring Melisandei along.
Indeed that was the whole point of the Blackwater failure in the Stannis story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)