Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (32 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its not wtf, tons of signs said dont drive into the wild life area with your windows down, and thats exactly what they did exactly, dumb risk and no respect for their own lifes or the unpredictable nature of wild animal.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Its not wtf, tons of signs said dont drive into the wild life area with your windows down, and thats exactly what they did exactly, dumb risk and no respect for their own lifes or the unpredictable nature of wild animal.
I said wtf as it's pretty unusual :D

In general I think anyone who dies as a result of lion, tiger, whatever attacks nowadays is pretty much always responsible himself.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Dany dont think she is aware they even exist let alone are a threat. Only major character besides Jon who genuinly seems to be convinced they exists and are coming is Stannis, and he is more concerned with getting his throne first before considering to think about them, but also no one really knows this truly an imminent threat let alone more then a fairy tale unless you been to the wall.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Why isnt the like of stannis and denearys concerned about the white walkers? Everything other than stopping that army should be irrelevant.
Stannis is extremely concerned about the White Walkers, that's why he showed up at the Wall and protected the Night's Watch last season. It's one of the reasons why he absolutely should be king.
For Melisandre it's even more important, she wants Stannis on the throne precisely because she is convinced that he's the only one who can save Westeros from the White Walkers. Her religion is basically revolves around the fight between R'hllor, the god of fire that she serves, and his counterpart, "The Great Other", who represents cold and death and is associated with winter and the White Walkers.

As for the rest, the White Walkers are generally believed to be fairytales, they haven't been around for thousands of years. Especially Daenerys (or however you spell her) probably doesn't even know about this at all. The others were theoretically informed by the ravens that Jon sent out last season or something, but either don't believe it, or think he's vastly exaggerating the threat. Of course it seems as if they're being incredibly neglecting, and caught up in their comparitavely superficial and arbitrary power struggles with what we know, but their actions also make a lot of sense from their point of view and the amount of information they have.

- - - Updated - - -

Deanearys needs to die but if there's one character who can't die it's her because her story is caught up in too many story lines.
I don't think that she'll die anytime soon either, but her death would sort of fit the pattern of important GoT deaths. That is to say that it wouldn't be more surprising or unconvential than the Red Wedding or Ned's death.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
No male left in the Baratheon family, so has to be an adult male Lannister, basically no one almost. Because its either Jaime, or their Uncle who is in charge of the army, and neither would take the spot IMO.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
No male left in the Baratheon family, so has to be an adult male Lannister, basically no one almost. Because its either Jaime, or their Uncle who is in charge of the army, and neither would take the spot IMO.
Stannis? :D
I'm pretty sure it's him, the Lannisters only married into the family and don't have any blood-relations.

Unless of course females are able to inherit, then it'd be Myrcella.

- - - Updated - - -

In any case, I reckon that Tommen, if he dies, will only do so once Stannis or Daenarys invades King's Landing, and at that point there'll be no question about the successor anyways.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Ofcourse the Lannisters dont recognize Stannis :D I meant the male Baratheons from the Lannister side of the family. Though non of the kids are Baratheons in truth ofcourse so its moot.

Only Dorne's believe females should inherite (and apparently in the books they want Myrcella to take the throne, not try to kill her), not even the Targaeryans believe in females heirs to the throne, Dany's is so just by default for being the last of her family.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Ofcourse the Lannisters dont recognize Stannis :D I meant the male Baratheons from the Lannister side of the family. Though non of the kids are Baratheons in truth ofcourse so its moot.

Only Dorne's believe females should inherite (and apparently in the books they want Myrcella to take the throne, not try to kill her), not even the Targaeryans believe in females heirs to the throne, Dany's is so just by default for being the last of her family.
Of course the Lannisters recognise the Barratheons, their entire claim to the throne is based on Robert Barratheon and "his" children. Stannis just doesn't recognise Joffrey & Tommen as Baratheons due to Ned's letters exposing the truth about their parentage. But even the Lannisters would agree that Stannis would be next in line after Tommen, barring any children of Tommen or perhaps bastards stemming from Robert if they would try to find some excuse to cling on to :D

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I feel it doesn't matter anymore what the Lennysters recognize or not. They're done. They got a softie uncle kevan, a softie king, a softie jamie, an imprisoned cersei, dorne-loving myrcella and a khaleesi-loving tyrion.
In other words: They only got Cersei to bitch about Lennyster claims

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
Deanearys needs to die but if there's one character who can't die it's her because her story is caught up in too many story lines.
I don't think that she'll die anytime soon either, but her death would sort of fit the pattern of important GoT deaths. That is to say that it wouldn't be more surprising or unconvential than the Red Wedding or Ned's death.
No way she dies , she still has a lot to do . This is much different then the red wedding and Ned's death . Her story has been going a set up for her trying to reclaim the throne and invade westeros for 5 seasons up to this point , if she dies now that would be the biggest wtf in the whole series .

I think The Prince of Dorne would have a good claim after marrying Tommen's sister.
Myrcella would be their best bet , but if tommen truly dies the lannisters have nothing in their hands left . They will definetly be out of the throne race . The Dornish have a good claim , Stannis has the best one . Biggest problem is that he has no supporters unfortunately . The north is against him , the dornish against him , he will get no help from the Lannisters and I doubt he will seek help from the Tyrells since he probably considers them as traitors (doubt they would offer their help too considering they now Stannis) . His best bet would be the Knights of the Vale who have stayed away from the war up to this point and are pretty much unscathed , and hold a large army .

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
I feel it doesn't matter anymore what the Lennysters recognize or not. They're done. They got a softie uncle kevan, a softie king, a softie jamie, an imprisoned cersei, dorne-loving myrcella and a khaleesi-loving tyrion.
In other words: They only got Cersei to bitch about Lennyster claims
I wouldn't underestimate Kevan. He seems like a realistic guy who does his business effecctively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)