Game of Thrones [TV, not the book, no spoilers!] (7 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
What a fucking G Tyrion is. Cant wait for next week. Shae is a cunt and should die.

- - - Updated - - -

Bronn could, couldnt he? But it might be Oberyn.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, if you know who Joff's champ will be his opponent is pretty obvious.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait I went back a few pages, beat me to it :p

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
This whole "trial by combat" thing has already struck me as incredibly dumb back in season 1, considering how amazingly well crafted the world is otherwise. It basically renders real trials completely useless, as guilt does not matter in any way. I know that this should also show this societies' faith in the gods, and I'm not saying that the trials would be fair otherwise, but this system just turns every trial into a farce.
It allows you do to any fucking shit you want, as long as you have just one single extremely skilled swordsman on your side, or a are an amazing fighter yourself.

The episode was great, though kind of meh for Game Of Thrones standards. The final 10 minutes were awesome as fuck, but before that it wasn't really up to previous episodes.
But still, pretty amazing compared to every other TV show out there bar a few.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
The season is kinda meh compared to the others.
Minor spoiler from cast-interview, nothing concrete:

In some youtube-interview I think the cast said that the second part of the season is where shit will be going down, the first part is mainly setting the stage/cleaning up the mess from last season

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
What you mean by minor spoiler :p would like very much to know before clicking on that.
It doesn't reveal any concrete plot or character development or anything, just the general "theme" or "atmosphere" of the rest of the season, more action/less action, more talking/less talking :p

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Don't be stupid, mermaid.

- - - Updated - - -

This whole "trial by combat" thing has already struck me as incredibly dumb back in season 1, considering how amazingly well crafted the world is otherwise. It basically renders real trials completely useless, as guilt does not matter in any way. I know that this should also show this societies' faith in the gods, and I'm not saying that the trials would be fair otherwise, but this system just turns every trial into a farce.
It allows you do to any fucking shit you want, as long as you have just one single extremely skilled swordsman on your side, or a are an amazing fighter yourself.

The episode was great, though kind of meh for Game Of Thrones standards. The final 10 minutes were awesome as fuck, but before that it wasn't really up to previous episodes.
But still, pretty amazing compared to every other TV show out there bar a few.

agreed really tame boring episode with very little new insight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)