Gaetano Scirea (9 Viewers)

Nedved03

Love juve because of sega
Nov 27, 2011
Legend.

I once saw his poland accident photos in the indonesian juve forum. In particularly the car wreck condition and possibly the victims body as well. God that photo was and still heartbreaking. :sergio:

Nedved03

Love juve because of sega
Nov 27, 2011
Such was his consistency that he kept out the great Franco Baresi out of the Italy starting XI as long as he was part of the squad. Another remarkable fact about Scirea was, despite being a defender he never received a red card in his entire career. The number of yellow cards was also remarkably low – just 9 in a 15 year long Juventus career including a jaw-droppingly meager 4 in his first 10 seasons.
http://www.thehardtackle.com/2012/gaetano-scirea-a-juventus-legend-like-none-other/
:touched:

With the man who found his talent. Giovanni Crimella.

Jerseys.

Against Platinum.

:cry:

Nov 17, 2012
Legend.

I once saw his poland accident photos in the indonesian juve forum. In particularly the car wreck condition and possibly the victims body as well. God that photo was and still heartbreaking. :sergio:
Sadly I didn't know much about Scirea, other than from my cousin's uncle (from whom I acquired my love of Juve, me having come from a family of Roma/Lazio supporters); he always spoke highly of Scirea, in an almost godlike and immortal fashion (in the sense that like our own ADP, his class, natural ability, as well as his gentleman-like demeanor and good sportsmanship were legendary). I only watched that RAI clip a coupe of days ago, and my world, did Italy lose a titan of the game when he was tragically killed, he seems like the kind of player I would have tried to emulate back when I played in high school. Definitely, along with ADP, the sort of player and man that today's kids should look up to and aspire to be, rather than the Neymar's, Busquet's, Suarez's and Rooney's of the world. His record of no red cards and so few yellows, considering his position as a defender, is beyond words quite frankly (and in great contrast to Gentile haha). Viva Scirea!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)