• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
That irritates me to but we really only have our self to blame, because we made those deals and now we're stuck with them..
Thats exactly what i have been saying to virtual for the past two years...
This issue was easily anticipated, whats even worse, is that we didnt gain any kind of momentary gain because of them and we have also sacrificed other sectors (defense) to add that dead wood...

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'm not going to lose sleep over us not acquiring himl in fact, I honestly couldn't care less. He is good, but not that good. A one season wonder doesn't warrant a price tag of 18-19 Million Euros. 12 Million is more than enough for him, and there are other viable alternatives out there.

Durden

May 11, 2006
Last year, we do not have a backup for Sissoko so we bought Poulsen since Liverpool were not willing to sell. If we were to get Diarra now, Poulsen will be sold. The situation is very different.
We had Marchiosio and Zanetti. Besides we didn't buy Poulsen as a backup for Sissoko. I know many here say Poulsen and Sissoko are the same type of player, but imo they are different types. Sissoko is the kind of player that can win the ball back right after we lost it in attack. He's aggressive, a fantastic tackler and never stops running. But imo he's not the typical DM because he goes forward a lot and is often out of position. If you look at our matches last season Sissoko was always the more offensive that his partner in midfield even when he played next to Tiago. Poulsen is much better in terms of positioning and tactics than Sissoko. He's a more of a DM than a CM, and we bought him because the BoD and Ruineri thought he could play the same role as Xabi would have. The problem is that he doesn’t have the vision and passing skills Xabi has, and he doesn’t fit in a 4-4-2 because he tends to fall back to deep. He can play the DM in a 4-3-1-2 and do well defensively but don’t expect any miracles in the build up play. And btw we could have bought Xabi if we had paid the 20m they wanted.

Kayo

Mar 18, 2007
Yeah Poulsen was a random buy after we couldn't get Alonso. He wasn't ment to be Sissoko's replacement. According to Ranieri, Alonso was too slow, so we "decided" to get Poulsen instead. :D

I wouldn't say the situation with us going for both D'Agostino and Diarra is very different than what happend the previous year. Atleast we got a decent coach now that might have somewhat better influence on our buys.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Not just that, he's a very technical player with good vision. If you want a regista, I think he could be converted quite easily. Mind you, is Ferrara the one who'll be able to do that?
I think Elano is better on the right side of the pitch, but he could be used in the center.

Elano - Diego - Giovinco is just a dream come true though.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Yes Andy, that would be pretty, but it's a pipe dream. If they've got their hearts set on a Pirlo-esque player though, there aren't too many and so they'll need to convert somebody. I see names like Sneijder popping up, so why not Elano?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)