• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
18-20M EUROs is too much for a player who has not yet proven himself at the very top, especially when he is 28 years old, because by this point in his career, we would expect to have seen his highest level of quality. But some players blossom late in their careers, and Gaetano may well be one of that rare ilk. He is still young enough to give us at least 3 years of class as a deep lying playmaker...but when you compare what we paid for Diego, who is considerably younger, and also clearly, far more gifted, as a footballer, it makes no sense to spend anywhere near 20 on the sicilian...although I would love him in our team.

If the Udinese chairman wants to be an idiot, break his word to Gaetano, and refuse to sell him to the club where he has repeatedly pleaded to go, instead selling him to the higher bidder, which could well be Milan, whether the get rid of Pirlo or not, they need a backup in that area. Which would be annoying, but certainly not added weight to any arguments about Secco's ineptitude.

Asking for $ plus any part of marchisio and giovinco, two of the brightest stars in Serie A and the Azzurrini, in exchange for a player who is not a regular in the Azzurri, who has no experience in the champions league and desperately wants to play for us...is an insult. If the bridge cannot be crossed from him to US, then fuck him...we can look elsewhere. Focus our funds on securing Grosso, a right back, and perhaps another solid playmaker for the middle of the park...

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
But what I am failing to understand here is the talk of Diarra...

We have enough muscle in Marchisio and Momo.

Why would be seeking a playmaker, then realize we can't get him for what we feel he is worth, so instead of looking for another playmaker, we will get another muscleman???

I dont understand this, but it reminds me of the Alonso routine...We wanted a superb creative midfielder, decided against it, and instead got a defensive midfielder who has proved useless, Poulsen.

Opting for Ledesma if the D'agostino deal has truly fallen through, would at least make sense from a tactical point of view.

Who do you folks rate Ledesma? Could he perform well as a deep lying playmaker???

And I am totally Right in suggesting that Diarra is mainly about muscle, doggedness and Momo-like hustling???

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
But what I am failing to understand here is the talk of Diarra...

We have enough muscle in Marchisio and Momo.

Why would be seeking a playmaker, then realize we can't get him for what we feel he is worth, so instead of looking for another playmaker, we will get another muscleman???

I dont understand this, but it reminds me of the Alonso routine...We wanted a superb creative midfielder, decided against it, and instead got a defensive midfielder who has proved useless, Poulsen.

Opting for Ledesma if the D'agostino deal has truly fallen through, would at least make sense from a tactical point of view.

Who do you folks rate Ledesma? Could he perform well as a deep lying playmaker???

And I am totally Right in suggesting that Diarra is mainly about muscle, doggedness and Momo-like hustling???
Poulsen will be sold if we get Diarra on loan

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Apparently, the deal broke down again (x2) ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Juventus have failed in their bid to sign Udinese midfielder Gaetano D'Agostino because of Christian Poulsen's wife, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

The Bianconeri were in the process of selling Poulsen to Fenerbahce, but his wife, Sophie, apparently refused to leave Italy for Turkey.

Juventus would have received a fee of around £6.4m for the Denmark international, which might just have made the difference in a deal for D'Agostino.

The move would have been lucrative for Poulsen, as Fenerbahce were willing to offer him £3.7m a season to leave Juventus.

“I am honoured by Fenerbahce's offer… £3.7m is a lot, but to me it's not just a question of money. I want to continue with Juventus,” Poulsen said.

“For me, it's very important that my family finds itself well in the city in which I play,” he added.

Poulsen's decision means Juventus do not have the necessary funds to close a deal for D'Agostino.

The Bianconeri's directors will apparently meet with him on Wednesday to try and convince him to leave for Turkey.

Juventus director of sport Alessio Secco is said to have offered Udinese part-ownership of Cristian Pasquato and £11m for D'Agostino.

However, Udinese President Giampaolo Pozzo is holding out for another £4.2m.

In the meantime, Juventus have drawn a list of alternatives, which includes the likes of Cristian Ledesma, Felipe Melo and Mahamadou Diarra.

Source: http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun27c.html

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Man, fuck that bitch of Poulsen's, that blonde dude better step his game up and shows here who is the man. Domestic violence ftw!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)