Is D'Agostino to Juventus a good move?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Durden

May 11, 2006
Man, fuck that bitch of Poulsen's, that blonde dude better step his game up and shows here who is the man. Domestic violence ftw!
The wife rumour is fuckin BS. The fact is that Poulsen and his family have settled very well in Turin so Turkey is, with all due respect to the Turks, not to prefer over Italy for Scandinavians. So yes of course his wife would prefer Turin, but so would Poulsen. I have followed Poulsen since he started his carrier in FC Copenhagen and he's a 100% professional. He wants to play at the highest level and going to fener would be a big step down. The bottom line is he still feels he can get a starting place and he wants to go after that in Juve. Personally I respect that. When that is said I'll admit that I was one of the first to say "were dooooomeed" when he signed for us and we didn’t get Xabi last year.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
From Corriere dello Sport today thats what i could understand feel free to correct:

They (udinese) thinks that the reason this deal is taking a long time is that we don't understand the true value of D'Agostino. And that its in our hand to conclude this deal by paying Udinese what they've asked for.

As they say, Dago is worth much more than what Udinese are actually asking for. But won't say what they're asking price is.

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/Notizie/Calcio/73065/Pozzo:+%C2%ABSe+la+Juve+vuole+D'Agostino+deve+pagare%C2%BB

Kayo

Mar 18, 2007
The wife rumour is fuckin BS. The fact is that Poulsen and his family have settled very well in Turin so Turkey is, with all due respect to the Turks, not to prefer over Italy for Scandinavians. So yes of course his wife would prefer Turin, but so would Poulsen. I have followed Poulsen since he started his carrier in FC Copenhagen and he's a 100% professional. He wants to play at the highest level and going to fener would be a big step down. The bottom line is he still feels he can get a starting place and he wants to go after that in Juve. Personally I respect that. When that is said I'll admit that I was one of the first to say "were dooooomeed" when he signed for us and we didn’t get Xabi last year.
First of all, if we want to sell him, he'll go. I also find it funny that you mention that Scandinavians prefer Turin, I dont know, but locations are not a major issue in football, and there have been alot of players from these areas in the Turkish league.

Personally I believe the reason for Poulsen not leaving the club is him believing he'll get a first team spot on a world class team like Juve, and the thing you said about stepping down to a worse club. But since Poulsen can't perform, he needs to step down to a club meeting his standard or finish the season on the bench.

What irritates me most is that if we sold some of the underperformers/bench warmers, the €6m extra fee that Udinese wants wouldn't be a problem. Sell Poulsen and Tiago, tadaa you get enough for D'Agostino and Santacroce.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Pozzo can go screw himself, Dago is worth no more than 14m. We paid 26m for a much more talented player who is 4 years younger, so there is no way we should go anywhere near that figure. We need to give udinese an ultimatum, take it or leave it. It's not like Dago is a champion yet anyway, so holding us to ransom like this is just stupid. Lets just pay 20m for sneijder or VDV. Or even get elano for 10

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
First of all, if we want to sell him, he'll go. I also find it funny that you mention that Scandinavians prefer Turin, I dont know, but locations are not a major issue in football, and there have been alot of players from these areas in the Turkish league.

Personally I believe the reason for Poulsen not leaving the club is him believing he'll get a first team spot on a world class team like Juve, and the thing you said about stepping down to a worse club. But since Poulsen can't perform, he needs to step down to a club meeting his standard or finish the season on the bench.

What irritates me most is that if we sold some of the underperformers/bench warmers, the €6m extra fee that Udinese wants wouldn't be a problem. Sell Poulsen and Tiago, tadaa you get enough for D'Agostino and Santacroce.
Thats ridiculous... If he's worth that much money then the board will have to sell, but he isn't... he's had one very successful season under his belt... its not like he's vital to our plans, we shouldn't overpay for a one season wonder... 11 million + one of our youngsters is a very good offer... they should either take it or leave it... we cannot be taken hostage by a mid table team and give them what they want... I'm happy our board isn't bowing down to their pressure...
btw we need a player like Poulsen even if we get D'Agostino who's the closest we have to a Sissoko replacement...

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
icεmαή;2051341 said:
Thats ridiculous... If he's worth that much money then the board will have to sell, but he isn't... he's had one very successful season under his belt... its not like he's vital to our plans, we shouldn't overpay for a one season wonder... 11 million + one of our youngsters is a very good offer... they should either take it or leave it... we cannot be taken hostage by a mid table team and give them what they want... I'm happy our board isn't bowing down to their pressure...
btw we need a player like Poulsen even if we get D'Agostino who's the closest we have to a Sissoko replacement...
my sentiments exactly, also never really thought about poulsen like that, but he is our only tru DM behind momo so he will be useful for the african cup of nations. We really need to sell the ballerina though, he's a waste of space in the quad as he is never going to do anything. Then we can put that money into the defence

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
But what I am failing to understand here is the talk of Diarra...

We have enough muscle in Marchisio and Momo.

Why would be seeking a playmaker, then realize we can't get him for what we feel he is worth, so instead of looking for another playmaker, we will get another muscleman???

I dont understand this, but it reminds me of the Alonso routine...We wanted a superb creative midfielder, decided against it, and instead got a defensive midfielder who has proved useless, Poulsen.

Opting for Ledesma if the D'agostino deal has truly fallen through, would at least make sense from a tactical point of view.

Who do you folks rate Ledesma? Could he perform well as a deep lying playmaker???

And I am totally Right in suggesting that Diarra is mainly about muscle, doggedness and Momo-like hustling???
Ledesma is a deep lying playmaker. But imo not good enough to play for Juve. Would be good as a backup though, but for the money his purchase is probably going to command, i don't think you guys will buy him to bench him.

Diarra you're right about, he's a pure DM, decent tackler and strong physically, definitely not what you need.

Kayo

Mar 18, 2007
icεmαή;2051341 said:
He is and he isn't. Right now, I would say he isn't worth it. But in the long run, he could be worth that since he has great potential and a playmaker like him could add more depht to our squad. I would rather spend 6m extra instead of spending those money on a mediocre DM like Diarra (which our board seems to want to do). I would also prefer paying more (after selling some dead meat) and try to keep our youngsters at the club instead of trading them.

Durden

May 11, 2006

Well it might be funny but its a fact. I have some friends in real estate and the fact is that Scandinavians with money prefer a second home in southern France, Italy or Spain ( primarily Mallorca ) because its more similar to Scandinavia but with the sun ( which we don’t have a lot of here ). People with lesser income buys second homes in Turkey and the warmer eastern european countries, because its cheaper and they cant afford a second home in southern france or Italy.
Ask any Scandinavian here who has a little insight in the real estate market for second homes and he'll verify that.
Personally I like Turkey, so Im not trying to diss your country or something like that, just trying to explain why Poulsen and his family would prefer Italy over Turkey and the story about "its all the wifes fault" is bs.

I totally agree that Poulsen believes he can get a first team spot, that’s why he's not leaving. You say he cant perform, well he thinks he can. If you look at his carrier he had a hard time in the first years in Schalke, and there were a lot of talk about he should be sold, but he kept fighting for his place because that’s the kind of guy he his, so he'll continue to do the same in Juve.

That irritates me to but we really only have our self to blame, because we made those deals and now we're stuck with them..

Kayo

Mar 18, 2007
Well it might be funny but its a fact. I have some friends in real estate and the fact is that Scandinavians with money prefer a second home in southern France, Italy or Spain ( primarily Mallorca ) because its more similar to Scandinavia but with the sun ( which we don’t have a lot of here ). People with lesser income buys second homes in Turkey and the warmer eastern european countries, because its cheaper and they cant afford a second home in southern france or Italy.
Ask any Scandinavian here who has a little insight in the real estate market for second homes and he'll verify that.
Personally I like Turkey, so Im not trying to diss your country or something like that, just trying to explain why Poulsen and his family would prefer Italy over Turkey and the story about "its all the wifes fault" is bs.

I totally agree that Poulsen believes he can get a first team spot, that’s why he's not leaving. You say he cant perform, well he thinks he can. If you look at his carrier he had a hard time in the first years in Schalke, and there were a lot of talk about he should be sold, but he kept fighting for his place because that’s the kind of guy he his, so he'll continue to do the same in Juve.

That irritates me to but we really only have our self to blame, because we made those deals and now we're stuck with them..
Most of my time I live in Scandinavia, Sweden to be specificly. Danish people might be abit different then since the Swedes usually tend to focus on Greece, Turkey, Cyprus and also Mallorca as you mentioned. Anyway what I was trying to say is that the location isn't a big problem as you make it sound. It's just that he doesn't want to leave Juve since it's a popular club. But if we do decide to sell him, he'll have to go if that's the case.

The thing with D'Agostino is, like others I'm afraid it will end up like the Xabi Alonso transfer saga previous year. We didn't sign him, ended up with a DM like Poulsen. If we skip this chance and don't buy D'Agostino, we might end up with a similar situation where we get Diarra or something. The best thing would be to not get either and focus on the defence, but that's a whole different question.

Durden

May 11, 2006
Most of my time I live in Scandinavia, Sweden to be specificly. Danish people might be abit different then since the Swedes usually tend to focus on Greece, Turkey, Cyprus and also Mallorca as you mentioned. Anyway what I was trying to say is that the location isn't a big problem as you make it sound. It's just that he doesn't want to leave Juve since it's a popular club. But if we do decide to sell him, he'll have to go if that's the case.

The thing with D'Agostino is, like others I'm afraid it will end up like the Xabi Alonso transfer saga previous year. We didn't sign him, ended up with a DM like Poulsen. If we skip this chance and don't buy D'Agostino, we might end up with a similar situation where we get Diarra or something. The best thing would be to not get either and focus on the defence, but that's a whole different question.
Well regarding the location I properly this express myself very well. I was just pissed of the headlines saying it all his wifes fault that he didn’t want to go to fener, because like you say I believe he wants to stay because he still thinks he can make it in Juve and the BoD haven’t told him he's not wanted anymore. So my theory is it’s the Italian media who's trying to get rid of him with that story.

I fear that to, I have no idea why we are linked with Diarra but seeing how it ended last year I fear it might be true. And I agree we should just focus on the defence instead of looking for another midfielder who we really don’t need.. Lets pray Secco learned from his mistakes..

dogsarecute

Aug 7, 2008
Last year, we do not have a backup for Sissoko so we bought Poulsen since Liverpool were not willing to sell. If we were to get Diarra now, Poulsen will be sold. The situation is very different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)