Gabriel Barbosa Almeida (Gabigol) - CF/LW/RW- Santos (31 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Morata and Cuadrado currently are much better and have way more experience than Marko 5min Pjaca and Gabi seen Eurovision on TV Barbosa.

Stop overrating kids you have never seen them playing.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cuadrado got replaced by Dani Alves. Who is alot better, and alot more experienced.
With Licht and Evra, the current prime wide midfield options are Alves and Sandro. Which is ALOT better then last season considering Sandro continiues to grow and Alves is alot better then Cuadrado.

Pjaca, i'm basing my entire option and hype of the game 'i have never seen them playing' against spain and Portugal. Not sure how your tiny brain missed it since i've been blabbering on about that for a while now, but fair enough.

So as it stands, Pjaca isnt even the first option in an alternative formation. But this is the guy who raped spain's left wing all game long and made immediate impact vs portugal, knowing young players have it harder in NT games due to lack of experience and playing with new teammates.

So we have plenty of options allready

Gabriel Barbosa ? Nope, dont know him, only know his description. Oh, and our worldclass scouts who considered 20mil for 40% of him was a deal too good to pass. So i'll have faith in the scouts :tup:

- - - Updated - - -

We can't get Cuadrado back if we get Gabigol.
Why cant we get Cuadrado back if we get Gabriel Barbosa ?

One is a wingback/wide midfielder

The other is a forward

- - - Updated - - -

We usually have 5 forwards anyway, don't we?
3-4

Buy on AliExpress.com

catch22

Aug 23, 2015
Dybala has played as the central forward all his life untill he came at juventus where allegri is molding him to be a support striker
Yeah, but he played as a CF at Palermo where he always had Vazquez close to him and who was used as the reference point. Whereas people are expecting Dybala to play as a CF in a front three? Not to mention the way teams defend against Palermo is quite different from how teams defend against us.

I'm not saying Allegri can't make it work, but I have my doubts. I can just imagine him getting beaten up and struggling as a CF in a front 3

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah, but he played as a CF at Palermo where he always had Vazquez close to him and who was used as the reference point. Whereas people are expecting Dybala to play as a CF in a front three? Not to mention the way teams defend against Palermo is quite different from how teams defend against us.

I'm not saying Allegri can't make it work, but I have my doubts. I can just imagine him getting beaten up and struggling as a CF in a front 3
but we ant playing front 3

3-5-2 for life.

- - - Updated - - -

3-5-2 for life.

catch22

Aug 23, 2015

3-5-2 for life.

- - - Updated - - -

3-5-2 for life.
I agree, I don't think we'll play three up front. However, I believe we might if Dybala was injured or out of form. He doesn't work as a CF or a winger and that is why we won't play three up front. I think there is a decent chance we'll see 4312 though

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I didn't think this escalated to the point of needing it's own thread, but asked Brazilian poster in XT (were discussing Gabriel Jesus prior), and he said:

Well, Gabigol plays for Santos, so he is already in a top club, but it is the wrong Gabriel. Flat out, he is a goal poacher, fast to finish, mobile, but it is not a super-skilled player. And as goalpoachers go, he is yet to be of great impact (for example, last year top scorer for Santos was veteran Ricardo Oliveira, Gabigol played as a side foward, running for him). In the end, Gabriel Jesus may in the future deliver more, but Gabigol may look like a better bet, because your expectations should be limited on this one.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Nah. He's not some midget. He's 176cm. And his legs are tree trunks. His upper body is getting stronger.

He played as a lone CF in Argentina for Instituto.

Of course, until we see him in that position at Juve, we have no idea. But we could easily play a front 3, with wingers/inside forwards like Gabigol and Pjaca.

He has that Romario eye for goal and ability to find openings in tight spaces, even in the penalty box. Romario was 167cm by the way, and one of the best strikers ever. And he often played as a lone forward, at various times throughout his career.

This isn't Giovinco. Or some other midget, with no musculature. Dybala is average height, and quite strong, and has that knack for finding openings. He also has an ability to move well in tight spaces and negate physicality from defenders to some extent.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Nah. He's not some midget. He's 176cm. And his legs are tree trunks. His upper body is getting stronger.

Of course, until we see him in that position at Juve, we have no idea. But we could easily play a front 3, with wingers/inside forwards like Gabigol and Pjaca.

He has that Romario eye for goal and ability to find openings in tight spaces, even in the penalty box. Romario was 167cm by the way, and one of the best strikers ever. And he often played as a lone forward, at various times throughout his career.
He looks short because his legs are so friggin big IMO

catch22

Aug 23, 2015

This isn't Giovinco. Or some other midget, with no musculature. Dybala is average height, and quite strong, and has that knack for finding openings. He also has an ability to move well in tight spaces and negate physicality from defenders to some extent.
I just don't think he works well as a CF in a front three. It's not really got much to do with his size, it's his playing style. For example when Dybala drops to the edge of the box for one of his customary curlers who is going to be in the box to receive a cross? Because at Palermo Vazquez and he would interchange positions and that's why it worked.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
On Tuesday night he arrived at the Alliaz Park to take on local rivals Palmeiras and netted his seventh goal in Sao Paulo derbies, having now scored against every one of Santos’ chief local rivals.

Palmeiras have been his biggest victim - he now has six goals against them – while crosstown reigning champions Corinthians have seen him hit three and Sao Paulo two. Once again this week his derby record is being held up by local media as an illustration that Gabigol is a man for the big occasion.

While doing his best work from wide spaces, he has also shown the ability to play through the middle as a leading striker. Lightening quick and with a knack for being in the right place at the right time, his appetite for goals convinced previous Brazil coach Dunga to take him to June’s Copa America.

Since making his debut in 2013 Gabigol has already broken records, including some left by Neymar, and has become Santos’ all-time top scorer of in the Copa do Brasil. [He scored 58 Goals and 27 assists in 157 games for Santos. He also scored twice for Brazil's NT in 4 appearances]. Even Neymar didn't make it 50 goals this quickly. In fact, only Pele and the great Coutinho hit a half-century earlier than teenage Gabigol.

During August’s Olympic Games we will have the opportunity to see Gabigol join a dream trio that many Brazilian fans hope will lead them to glory over the next decade. Nobody in Rio can boast a deadlier forward-line than one made up of Neymar, Gabriel Jesus and Gabigol.

Goal

start the fapping

catch22

Aug 23, 2015
Has it dawned on anyone else that this signing makes a lot of sense simply because his age means he doesn't have to adhere to the 25 man squad rules for Serie A and essentially allows us to have a bigger squad?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I just don't think he works well as a CF in a front three. It's not really got much to do with his size, it's his playing style. For example when Dybala drops to the edge of the box for one of his customary curlers who is going to be in the box to receive a cross? Because at Palermo Vazquez and he would interchange positions and that's why it worked.
But that's why you play with inside forwards/wingers...

Suarez is constantly switching out wide with Messi and Neymar at Barca. Benzema with Ronaldo and Bale at Madrid.

The modern attacking game is somewhat predicated upon forwards who can play all across the forward line, who can drop deep when needed, score from both inside and outside the box.

You don't need someone in the box always to receive a cross. Or in the hypothetical that Barbosa and Pjaca work out as attacking wingers/inside forwards playing with Dybala, those types of players often cut into the box when the 9 drops deep or goes wide and vacates that space. DYbala would be the perfect CF for that type of attack.

As far as traditional, wide wingers, who mostly stay near the byline and fire in crosses. He'd be a terrible CF in that type of attack, but I really don't see us building anything like that.

- - - Updated - - -

My long legs make my dick width look narrow but it ain't son
:lol:
@Zacheryah knows all about girth.

Gagi

Jul 19, 2007
Look, I don't mind him, but I think #9 is much more needed because we have Dybala. And I think he'd arrive with bunch of clauses and shit.

What if Max doesn't plan on using Pjaca as SS. Would you guys be happy with Mandžu/Falcao, Dyabala/Gabi upfront?

May 26, 2016
But that's why you play with inside forwards/wingers...

Suarez is constantly switching out wide with Messi and Neymar at Barca. Benzema with Ronaldo and Bale at Madrid.

The modern attacking game is somewhat predicated upon forwards who can play all across the forward line, who can drop deep when needed, score from both inside and outside the box.

You don't need someone in the box always to receive a cross. Or in the hypothetical that Barbosa and Pjaca work out as attacking wingers/inside forwards playing with Dybala, those types of players often cut into the box when the 9 drops deep or goes wide and vacates that space. DYbala would be the perfect CF for that type of attack.

As far as traditional, wide wingers, who mostly stay near the byline and fire in crosses. He'd be a terrible CF in that type of attack, but I really don't see us building anything like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Totally agree. Tbh, i was not too excited about all this in the start mainly because of his age (too young ). But hell, sometimes you have to take chances and this guy looks great from what i have seen in the Brazilian league (even if it is a very poor league defensively speaking).
Building something for the future is a great thing and I trust our scouts to know their job.
We did that with Dybala, Pogba and Morata and now hopefully with Pjaca and Gabigol.

Its easy to find abilities that a player lacks, especially when they are 19: The kid still has pace, Strength, Balance, great technique, great finishing, and sets up goals. And most importantly: he looks very mobile and has the ability to roam around the pitch much like Dybala, picking up the ball deep and going forward with explosive runs. Its not like Zaza is without his mistakes, don't even get me started on him. in my opinion we are far better off with a potential star than an average Hot headed striker, even if he is Italian.

Buying a finished proven product is off course the most attractive option ,but also expensive as hell, sometimes you have to gamble.

Bring him in and lets create havoc offensively, fu#k playing it safe all the time. :juventus:

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Look, I don't mind him, but I think #9 is much more needed because we have Dybala. And I think he'd arrive with bunch of clauses and shit.

What if Max doesn't plan on using Pjaca as SS. Would you guys be happy with Mandžu/Falcao, Dyabala/Gabi upfront?
Yes. That frontline looks good. Problem is, I just checked whoscored and Pereyra played a total of 800 minutes, Im not sure how many more minutes he woulda got if he wasnt injured but practically had no role. I dont think Pjaca would be happy with that and basically be a non factor.

Then again Zach said he can wingback (could be mistaken I was skimming through posts), in that case we should forget Cuad and Falcao seems like a decent option.

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012
I was looking for info on Captain Barbosa. Every article I could find talks about him being the new neymar and apparently Fiorentina made a 20M offer last year, Barca already has bought his rights, Chelsea made an offer of 25M pounds, he has a 50M euro release clause, etc, etc, etc. All just part of the hype machine.

I think we should cool off our jets. At this point he is just pure marketing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 30)