Gabriel Barbosa Almeida (Gabigol) - CF/LW/RW- Santos (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I still think we are after a number 9 especially if we sell Zaza to Wolfsburg. Gabigol is not a target man type player.

I am quite interested though. Pjaca & Gabigol play in similar positions - Gabigol is a left footed inside right forward while Pjaca is a right footed inside left forward.

Icardi's wife said we offered Inter OVER 50m for Icardi. Man, we are spending some money - makes we worry that we might be considering to sell either Bonucci or Pogba.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I still think we are after a number 9 especially if we sell Zaza to Wolfsburg. Gabigol is not a target man type player.

I am quite interested though. Pjaca & Gabigol play in similar positions - Gabigol is a left footed inside right forward while Pjaca is a right footed inside left forward.

Icardi's wife said we offered Inter OVER 50m for Icardi. Man, we are spending some money - makes we worry that we might be considering to sell either Bonucci or Pogba.
Yes, you repeated that quite often now, and no, we arent selling either of them.

Also, you are a grown man. You should know bitches be loco, and have a tendency to blatantly lie when they are both a slut and an attentionwhore, like icardi's wife.

- - - Updated - - -

The reports are that the rest will be paid to him and his agents via wages and bonuses and not directly.
40% is Santos's share.
So Juve will pay only to the club.
We will own 80% of Gabriel Barbosa basically

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Maybe you right,let's see.
One needs to take in accound these brazillian strikers are a special kind. Technically and physically complete, they can perfectly play a deeper or advanced role, and alot can be done with coaching early on

Dybala was supposed to be a CF. But obviously he was exceptionally well endowed in the essential skillsets for an SS. So Allegri molded him into one and look how great that is doing.

In my vision, brazillian forwards that are the complete technical and pacy package, but arent visionary passers, should play as lone central forward or the deepest striker.

All confidence in Allegri to mold him into a lethal ST

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks @Zacheryah and @Roman for explaining the percentages
cheers!

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Maybe we get Gabigol and Pjaca and get a cheap back up number 9 like Immobile (who is also home grown) - might cost around 10m.

I remember also reading a few days ago in an Italian newspaper that we might loan out Gabigol to Sassuolo? But spending over 20m (for part of his ownership) on a player with a 2m + salary seems a bit rich for someone who gets loaned out.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Maybe we get Gabigol and Pjaca and get a cheap back up number 9 like Immobile (who is also home grown) - might cost around 10m.

I remember also reading a few days ago in an Italian newspaper that we might loan out Gabigol to Sassuolo? But spending over 20m (for part of his ownership) on a player with a 2m + salary seems a bit rich for someone who gets loaned out.
We arent loaning out a starter for Santos that has started 81 games for them aged 19 lol.

- - - Updated - - -

So what happens if Mandzukic gets injured? We're gonna depend on this guy to hold it down? Surely we need another CF
Last season, you could have said the same of Dybala (Mandzukic,Zaza, Morata, Dybala as Tevez replacement and the only actual reconised SS at that point)

The season before, you could have said the same of Morata (Tevez+LLorente with Morata as only actual backup for Llorente)

Oh, in case you forget, we can play nearly every single forward formation out there with our selection

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Why would we need a #9 CF ?

From what i've seen in youtube clips, he can perfectly spearhead counters and run into space or into crosses.

We have so much options, we dont need a 9.
if Zaza leaves we will still get one for the cheap or loan someone out (probably Immobile, because hes homegrown). Dybala, Mandzukic, Pjaca and Gabigolazo doesent seem like the attack we would go into next season with to me

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Why would we need a #9 CF ?

From what i've seen in youtube clips, he can perfectly spearhead counters and run into space or into crosses.

We have so much options, we dont need a 9.
:agree: 100%

People get so fixated on this traditional number 9 idea. It's nonsense.

We're clearly working towards building a modern attack predicated upon skilled forwards who can play all across the forward line.

And Dybala himself is very talented number 9, a position he played often before Juve, so it would be very easy for him to occupy that role if Mandzu was injured, and have someone like Gabigol or Pjaca partner him. Barbosa can also play as AM, a position he does quite well in.

Not to mention we can play a modern 4-3-3 with Pjaca-Dybala-Barbosa, which would be like a younger version of Barca's MSN attack.

Shit. That front 3 is so fapworthy in terms of future potential.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
We arent loaning out a starter for Santos that has started 81 games for them aged 19 lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Last season, you could have said the same of Dybala (Mandzukic,Zaza, Morata, Dybala as Tevez replacement and the only actual reconised SS at that point)

The season before, you could have said the same of Morata (Tevez+LLorente with Morata as only actual backup for Llorente)

Oh, in case you forget, we can play nearly every single forward formation out there with our selection
So how do you think we'll play in say, a CL quarter final without Mandzukic? Are we going to throw an inexperienced 19 year old fresh out of the Brazilian league into the fire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)