Future coach (71 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Jun 16, 2020
Very difficult to say no to Zidane, but let’s not forget coaches with that profile come with a high price. Allegri already costs us 15m gross per year, if we fire him it will be his salary plus the salary of our next coach, sounds like financial suicide to me. Doesn’t matter if that situation occurs now or after this season.

I think that we should like to the group that we have, decide what we want and find a trainer who fits that profile. Doesn’t have to be a proven winner, Lippi didn’t win anything prior to us but was a match made in heaven. Allegri won a lot before coming back but it shows that it isn’t a guarantee. While Pirlo might’ve been to inexperienced and Sarri simply had his own style that was just so far from his teams characteristics.

Probably the most logical option is a trainer who has at least has proven something; meaning achieved above expectations with a random club, someone who’s able to work with young players, someone who’s good at the mental preparation (be it him or one of his staff) and I’d prefer someone with a more defined style on the pitch, but not until stubbornness. Nothing more frustrating than a coach who doesn’t want to adjust. If something doesn’t work Plan B should exist.

All very broad and maybe vague, I know but if a trainer ticks those boxes than I’m happy. I wouldn’t chase a name just for the sake of it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Zidane is impossible, he won't come here.

Conte is such a dumb idea, one of the worst out there. Dude does more complaining than training these days, his effect seems to wear out faster and faster with every next move.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Why do you guys make us seem like a peasant club? We cut our wage expenses by almost 50%, but somehow we can not afford to pay for another top coach?

Strickland

May 17, 2019
if Allegri was willing to walk together with the board (and for me there's no reason not to believe those rumors), I'm quietly optimistic that we would be able to find a reasonable agreement with him if we do part ways at the end of the season.

I'm not sure, but I think Zidane might come together with a WC staff behind him. his Madrid teams, especially in the first stint, were not only great footballers, but were also in absolute top shape physically, that's already half of the victory in modern footie. You can't even begin to talk about grinta or tactics if the players can't run and are routinely injured. I'd be down for whoever could build a team that's willing to run and fight for 90 minutes week-in, week-out.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Didn’t we just record another +200m loss?
We did, but IIRC they include the salaries of the players we cut off in the summer. Once we get rid of Rabiot, Alex Sandro, D. Costa etc too we should be in a much better position.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind De Zerbi at all.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Maybe the next time Conte is our coach he instead grows a frizzy perm and stash, looking like Mike Brady of the Brady Bunch before going out gay clubbing in West Hollywood.

Then at least I would have something fun to look at this round.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Guru news that we contacted Conte and that he’s willing to talk. The post doesn’t say if it’s for now or next season, I guess the latter
For once can this club stop rehashing the same old shit, time to move on from such dinosaurs, get a progressive forward thinking manager ffs

- - - Updated - - -

Get Roger Schmidt for all I care better than some of the names we've been linked with

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 24, Guests: 41)