Future coach (130 Viewers)

vote

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
So Poch yes but Tuchel no? If we are spending EPL salary it better be someone who won something...ever.

Tuchel runs circles around this guy at PSG he never lost the league and won domestic treble + CL final, and then went on to win the Champions League with Chelsea the following year.

EPL, Bundesliga and Ligue 1 experience and won with all 3 clubs. Tuchel's resume is solid and was just starting out at the top level.

19-23-ex7mk-ogeh5.png
it’s all about fit. Just because Tuchel did better with PSG doesn’t mean he’d do better at Juve than Poch. The current roster fits Poch better than it does Tuchel imo. Tuchel needs top wingers/wingbacks for his system.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
it’s all about fit. Just because Tuchel did better with PSG doesn’t mean he’d do better at Juve than Poch. The current roster fits Poch better than it does Tuchel imo. Tuchel needs top wingers/wingbacks for his system.
Tuchel did well at Chelsea too. Instant impact when he came in went on a great run of form (much like what we need now) and clinched the CL title beating Madrid and City as an underdog with a squad full of youngsters. Last season finished comfortably 3rd despite the freezing of assets, change of ownership etc..very difficult cirmustances. Comfortably dispatched Conte's revived Spurs again and again.

I didnt watch his dortmund and only saw his PSG in the CL, does he always play a wing-back formation? never struck me as a guy who plays the same formation everywhere he goes.

Poch really feels like a Sarri. A couple of hot seasons and then nothing. Above average coach nothing more.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Imo one Serie A coach that deserves his big break is Ivan Juric.

Verona 2 seasons before Juric:
19th in Serie A with 25 points
5th in Serie B with 52 points, barely made the playoffs, promoted

Verona with Juric:
9th in Serie A with 49 points
10th in Serie A with 45 points

Torino 2 seasons before Juric:
16th, 40 points
17th, 37 points

Torino last season with Juric:
10th, 50 points
Juric actually one of Gasperini pupils, so we better get the old man himself. After he feel it is time to move on. Juric is just around the block waiting to fill the shoes

Tuchel's Chelsea play great game in 4-2-3-1 against Spurs, but he will revert to his experimenting 3-4-3, even tough 4-2-3-1 is already show results

As for Poch, it will be surface so much problem about fitness because of our poor pre season and his demanding training. Increasing injury numbers, fatigue players, he need more time to adjust his philosophy with us

Last edited:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Despite the rumors of the last hours there have been no contacts between #Juventus and Thomas #Tuchel. Instead the german coach can be a possible #BayernMunich’s target as #Nagelsmann’s replacement in the next weeks. #transfers

[Nicolò Schira]
If he goes to Bayern we’d regret it immensely

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
If he goes to Bayern we’d regret it immensely
we'd regret missing out on tuchel, de zerbi, not rehiring conte, not even calling klopp, just like we regretted not sticking with pirlo, not giving sarri an other year lol

the downfall is apparent regardless of the coach. firing allegri and hiring the flavor of the month won't solve anything.

(also, conte is the only coach i can think of with immediate and quick impact, but he's a cunt and history shows that he can't be trusted for longer than 2-3 seasons.)

this club needs a direction, this club needs modernization, this club is lacking continuity, leadership and players. basically any decent coach would do the trick with the right players and organization in place.

i won't regret missing out on tuchel. he's not a magic wand either. i regret not having a president with a viable strategy in mind, not having a sports director who could recruit players like barella, tonali or kvara, i regret having an idiotic wage policy, and i regret above all not having a modern physical preparation staff. to drop names for the sake of it, i regret not having luis campos who was available, and not having pintus back years ago before he went to real.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Juric actually one of Gasperini pupils, so we better get the old man himself. After he feel it is time to move on. Juric is just around the block waiting to fill the shoes

Tuchel's Chelsea play great game in 4-2-3-1 against Spurs, but he will revert to his experimenting 3-4-3, even tough 4-2-3-1 is already show results

As for Poch, it will be surface so much problem about fitness because of our poor pre season and his demanding training. Increasing injury numbers, fatigue players, he need more time to adjust his philosophy with us
That line of thinking made Italy hire Ventura after Conte :D

sadly Gasp might be expiring soon, almost all top coaches do between 60 and 70

Rockets

Jul 26, 2022
we'd regret missing out on tuchel, de zerbi, not rehiring conte, not even calling klopp, just like we regretted not sticking with pirlo, not giving sarri an other year lol

the downfall is apparent regardless of the coach. firing allegri and hiring the flavor of the month won't solve anything.

(also, conte is the only coach i can think of with immediate and quick impact, but he's a cunt and history shows that he can't be trusted for longer than 2-3 seasons.)

this club needs a direction, this club needs modernization, this club is lacking continuity, leadership and players. basically any decent coach would do the trick with the right players and organization in place.

i won't regret missing out on tuchel. he's not a magic wand either. i regret not having a president with a viable strategy in mind, not having a sports director who could recruit players like barella, tonali or kvara, i regret having an idiotic wage policy, and i regret above all not having a modern physical preparation staff. to drop names for the sake of it, i regret not having luis campos who was available, and not having pintus back years ago before he went to real.
also at this juncture, the players are of course not free of blame, but they are the least of our problem, esp the youngsters. It all comes from the top.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
also at this juncture, the players are of course not free of blame, but they are the least of our problem, esp the youngsters. It all comes from the top.
let's be clear, squad is utter shit compared to the levels we're used to. signing an injury prone pogba was a terrible idea. i've been saying for years that we should fix the squad above all, that's the most pressing issue. player recruitment and preparation is the biggest failure at juventus. and yeah, at the end of the day the root cause is the management as they've been making these bad calls for years.

if anyone thinks that a new coach would miraculously solve all of our issues then they will be very, very disappointed. sarri was the last one to have a decent squad before the season started, and even his juve struggled to win the league with pjanic's regression and chiellini's early injury. as of now since chiesa, pogba and di maria are virtually unavailable, there's not a single potential game decider in this squad. no dybala, no ronaldo, not even a midfielder like khedira who could regularly score. we're one milik injury away from a complete disaster, let that sink in lol. we'd struggle to score 70 goals with anyone on the bench, and that shouldn't be neglected, not even during the loudest and most deserved #allegriout chores

- - - Updated - - -

Don't want gasperini hes suited to making small clubs over achieve. Clearly some have forgotten his spell at inter when everyone thought he was some messiah
gasp's spell at inda requires some context too. that club was an utter mess with a bunch of overpaid old players (does it ring a bell huh), and while everybody knew that gasp plays with 3 defenders they give him zero time to implement his ideas. it took them a decade and marotta to get back on track.

gasp is a very good coach. i'm not sure how well he'd work with juventus, he's still a very good coach regardless.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011

I agree, De Zerbi on a short-term deal to prove himself would be interesting. Like you say, we were too slow and poor.
Tuchel for maximum of a year, sure. Would do better than Allegri but if we don't like AllegriBall then we will not like TuchelBall. It's Allegri without strikers and occasional high pressing.
Klopp, yes.
Conte will leave in two years so just sign him for two years. By then he is tired of us and we are so tired of him we just want him gone.

Regarding Pirlo and Sarri it seems everyone has forgotten how their spells ended. Pirlo was way too green and eventually left everything in chaos. We looked worse than now, absolutely no organization. Compared to Allegri he had ideas about football but was unable to transfer those to the players and coaching staff. It was like now but with no defensive organization and kind of chaos. In his defense he didn't have players to really implement his ideas so he was forced to some 442 that Ronaldo didn't like and players were confused about. When we finally managed to attack a bit, we had no balance and teams just went on counters to score as they pleased. When we looked OKish in defense, we couldn't attack.

That is why so many of us, including management I assume, were OK with Allegri coming back to stabilize the ship. The mistake was to offering him a long-term contract and seeing him as a long-term solution. I was glad when he came because we needed a foundation to build on but upset with the long-term deal. Now we have no foundation, OKish defense but otherwise lost in translation and stuck with it for the forthcoming year. It's funny though how Allegri saw Pirlo's team fail, took over but didn't really change much. Told the team to sit on Szchesnys lap and calma calma. No switch in formation since we didn't really have wingers until now. Now we have wingers but it looks all the same anyway.
Sarri. Come on. He lost the dressing room completely. He lost it fairly early on and then it deteriorated so badly that he had to go. Could perhaps have been even worse if he wasn't hospitalized in the beginning. Even if he in theory may have been able to implement his ideas over time, the dressing room was against him and wouldn't follow through. Another year was never on the table.

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018
At this time, even Trapattoni might be an upgrade over Allegri.
In all seriousness and IMHO, once you lose control of the locker room, the only way out is to get rid of the coach. Trying to convince players at this time to follow Allegri's directives would be the height of naivety.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Apparently in Argentina they are linking us to Gallardo

Trez speaks highly of him
:Tuttosport: didn't think there'd be a single rumour. Gallardo would be amazing.

What he would bring.
  • Attacking football
  • Discipline - it has been said that in his first spell as a coach his team got knocked out of South America's Europa League and were getting poor results domestically. Gallardo had some strong harsh words with the players, and turned the club's fortune.
  • Detailed - does his homework, works hard, first one in and last one out
  • Often tells his team noones a guaranteed starter, the players love to play for him.
  • Motivator - when he speaks, the players listen.
  • Tactical versatile - switches formations in game when needed.
  • Encourages midfielders to make late runs.
  • Always trying to get the best out of the youth system.
  • Physically demanding
For his system to work he often relies on width, so we will need attacking fullbacks, but that's required from any attack minded coach.

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
nobody? okay, i'll go first then:

such a shame, if de zerbi to some shitty mid-table pl team and pirlo to güzüytepspor or something weren't enough. and now this, i can't handle life anymore. he could have been our new pirlo. we're truly doomed!!1!

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I agree, De Zerbi on a short-term deal to prove himself would be interesting. Like you say, we were too slow and poor.
Tuchel for maximum of a year, sure. Would do better than Allegri but if we don't like AllegriBall then we will not like TuchelBall. It's Allegri without strikers and occasional high pressing.
Klopp, yes.
Conte will leave in two years so just sign him for two years. By then he is tired of us and we are so tired of him we just want him gone.

Regarding Pirlo and Sarri it seems everyone has forgotten how their spells ended. Pirlo was way too green and eventually left everything in chaos. We looked worse than now, absolutely no organization. Compared to Allegri he had ideas about football but was unable to transfer those to the players and coaching staff. It was like now but with no defensive organization and kind of chaos. In his defense he didn't have players to really implement his ideas so he was forced to some 442 that Ronaldo didn't like and players were confused about. When we finally managed to attack a bit, we had no balance and teams just went on counters to score as they pleased. When we looked OKish in defense, we couldn't attack.

That is why so many of us, including management I assume, were OK with Allegri coming back to stabilize the ship. The mistake was to offering him a long-term contract and seeing him as a long-term solution. I was glad when he came because we needed a foundation to build on but upset with the long-term deal. Now we have no foundation, OKish defense but otherwise lost in translation and stuck with it for the forthcoming year. It's funny though how Allegri saw Pirlo's team fail, took over but didn't really change much. Told the team to sit on Szchesnys lap and calma calma. No switch in formation since we didn't really have wingers until now. Now we have wingers but it looks all the same anyway.
Sarri. Come on. He lost the dressing room completely. He lost it fairly early on and then it deteriorated so badly that he had to go. Could perhaps have been even worse if he wasn't hospitalized in the beginning. Even if he in theory may have been able to implement his ideas over time, the dressing room was against him and wouldn't follow through. Another year was never on the table.
Current state is the lowest point since Del Neri and we are on a trajectory to do worse than that. Neither Sarri nor Pirlo were great fits but we never looked as bad or in as deep a mess as we are now.

The mistake is offering Allegri a contract at all. He is neither a short term nor a long term solution. He is the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 104)