[Friendly] Olympique Marseille 2-0 JUVENTUS (August 1st, 2015) (35 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
well that is how it will look if marotta fails to bring in another midfielder this summer
It can look how it wants but Khedira replaced Pirlo's spot and Vidal was still here. It's like us selling Morata in August and then saying 'OMGZ what a great idea replacing Morata with Zaza!!!'

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
How do you know we could choose.
You were there with Marotta?
If we committed to pay 18M later we are more stupid than I thought.

One year ago we had 1/2 his rights. If we decided we wanted the player in a year time, regardless of anything else, we should have paid 7.5M for his half then and loan him away for a year, as simple as that.

So no, we were not committed. We chose to sign him this season.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Won't insist in this subject, I'm actually impressed how people fail to see that Zaza's operations were not connected ffs.

We sold his half beautifully last season, great job by Marotta. Kudos to him.

And then in a separate deal we buy him for 18M, one year later. Operations were not related.

Don't know yet if we overpaid for lowering Berardi's buyback clause, doesn't make much sense.
Its some sort of cooperation with sassuolo involving berardi, but we dont know the details.

When berardi is resolved, we can get a full idea on how things went.

As it stands, that 18mil will make Sassuolo motivated to get everything out of Berardi. if Berardi fullfills his potential, it will be significantly thanks to all that competitive time he got allready at a young ago, and it was sassuolo who gave it to him. Meanwhile, we kinda made deals that benefitted them.

Its not "18 mil zaza". hence if he wasent at sassuolo, i doubt we'd buy zaza at all. Its all part of project berardi, and we needed some backupshit.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
18 mill or not we paid too much for zaza
I agree with you there, although we dont know the entire background of the deal, whether it'll in some way include Berardi next season. 18m as it stands for now is pointless for 5th striker, if we asume that Coman would be 4th in the pecking order.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Its some sort of cooperation with sassuolo involving berardi, but we dont know the details.

When berardi is resolved, we can get a full idea on how things went.

As it stands, that 18mil will make Sassuolo motivated to get everything out of Berardi. if Berardi fullfills his potential, it will be significantly thanks to all that competitive time he got allready at a young ago, and it was sassuolo who gave it to him. Meanwhile, we kinda made deals that benefitted them.

Its not "18 mil zaza". hence if he wasent at sassuolo, i doubt we'd buy zaza at all. Its all part of project berardi, and we needed some backup$#@!.
This is a very long shot.

Right now I go with the basic assumption of the general rule that each player deal is separated from another one, at least when it comes to deciding to sign the player or not.

I believe the decision to sign Zaza this year is absolutely Juventus decision. But I also believe we payed around 3M more for Zaza now to lower a bit of Berardi.

Anyways, the important thing is that Zaza can be cool enough to hold his shit together and be able to play for Juventus. Gotta build confidence. I actually like him.

TheDr

Apr 10, 2015
Hopefully GotzON. Though we currently aren't selling ourselves well. HOWEVER, I must remind all of you last three years we looked horrible in preseason. Hell I remember when we got LAST place in the Guinness ICC (got slaughtered against LA Galaxy even). We are not a good preseason team, never have been.

With that said we will still need a playmaker who exubes confidence. I'd say F*ck it and give Gotze or Isco however much $$ they want. We'd have one of the best young talented teams in the world. Pogba/Isco or Gotze/Dybala would be the most technically sound team we have had in a while.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
I tell you something that is ridiculous - when people link the Khedira signing to the Vidal sale.
If you are naming me for that I don't think that Khedira is or ever will be Viidal's replacement or that his signing has something to do with Vidal's sale.He was a free agent and that's it.
I am just pointing out what some defender/experts were claiming that Vidal was an injury prone and we bring an example of an injury prone.Yes for free I know.

Mar 10, 2009
Missed the match, was it really that bad? From the sounds of things Zaza just deliberately ran a cat over. End of the day it's still just a friendly, I understand people's concerns due to the fact we've had so much changes and we've lost 2 out of 3 games now, but I still think we'll come good in the end.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Even with draxler, Selling vidal is the worst move ever! Replacing heart and soul with injuiry phrone 21 year old german! We Will Concede so many goals! Who is gons break up the oppositions game?
Isla.You saw his magnificent start prior their second goal.Master.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)