[FRIENDLY] JUVENTUS vs Villarreal, August 7th 2009 (2 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
As I said during halftime: interesting game for us, probably our most interesting one so far. I assume Ciro saw the same things I did and hope he now has a better idea of what works and what doesn't work.

Our new guy Caceres definitely has potential, but I can see why he barely played at Barca. He is a walking definition of "not ready for 1st team football". ;)

Canna did okay so far in the previous friendlies I saw and also in the first half today, but his second half was worrying.

Molinaro was nowhere near as bad as you guys make him out to be. Sure, he was maybe a little slow in his reaction on the second goal (not that the goal was his fault though, not at all), but keep in mind that he just returned from an injury. I don't think his fitness level is up to par with the rest of the team.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Main lesson learnt from this game today:

We have absolutely no idea how to play against a team that plays quick, counter attacking football along the floor.

Other lessons learnt:

Cannavaro looked awful, Chiellini looked like Materazzi, Caceres started so well and then made so many mistakes. DP and Trez are too slow and static to play together now. Iaquinta without confidence is a liability. Camo cant play in a 3 man midfield, Melo gives the ball away too cheaply. We try long balls and cross from deep way too often, which ALWAYS results in us surrenderring possession cheaply. Giovinco should shoot once in a while.
Was about to post similar, this post says it best about this game, though DONT draw too absolute conclusions from it, its 1 performance, a telling one, but not one that totally defines the players or the tactic. But a well learned lesson, hopefully.

May 22, 2007
Defending was a bit nasty but I want to see Caceres as a CB now. See if he is more comfortable, no matter if he can play out wide.

I don't like the fact that our strikers had to go out wide today to hold up play. There wasn't really anyone to make something happen for them and I think we needed an extra midfielder on to help make more things happen in the area.

I like Zebina a lot after pre season so far, really making right back his starting spot.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
As I said during halftime: interesting game for us, probably our most interesting one so far. I assume Ciro saw the same things I did and hope he now has a better idea of what works and what doesn't work.

Our new guy Caceres definitely has potential, but I can see why he barely played at Barca. He is a walking definition of "not ready for 1st team football". ;)

Canna did okay so far in the previous friendlies I saw and also in the first half today, but his second half was worrying.

Molinaro was nowhere near as bad as you guys make him out to be. Sure, he was maybe a little slow in his reaction on the second goal (not that the goal was his fault though, not at all), but keep in mind that he just returned from an injury. I don't think his fitness level is up to par with the rest of the team.
:sergio:

Are you kidding? What about the rest of our defensive mistakes? Are they all his fault too?

:edit: this quickly rose in the ranks as one of the worst game analysis's ever

sebastian

Jul 24, 2002
sorry but people have to get back to reality. this was a friendly and yes we lost big but it's better now than when the season starts. now we can fix things.
and the most spamming over here is with people who say we are doomed or lets sell this player or that player, because it ain't gonna happen.

Gagarini1

Jul 8, 2009
I wonder when cloning becomes possible if we will be able to clone ZAMBROTTA for example already matured and ready for juve. or just clone the 95-96 TEAM :)

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
You seem to be enjoying this.
no, i am not enjoying it (if you mean the game).

my girlfriend just asked why she did not hear me curse, when juve is losing 1-4.

its just a friendly, yes....

what i do enjoy is that pretty much everything from the tactic gurus here that was predicted to be better when ferrara is in charge was negated in this game (and a few before too). i know, they will not even notice that they do talk shit and next opportunity they will talk the same cheap crap theories over and over again thinking they ate the wisdom with the spoon.

i am not trying to do the "cronios"-job here, i am just disgusted of how much simple mans theories are spread and sold as game knowledge like "if the coach was a defender, then the team will defend better, playing under him"... i could go on and on now, but that is not the topic here.

i hope caceres gets told a few things about positioning by ferrara

tahnk you ... pretty much SPOT ON

whateverr

Jun 16, 2009
It's k to lose in pre-season no one is angry about that...what I'm angry about is the fact that we were made to look like amateurs and could have easily let in even more. The midfield was completely overrun and we were playing 3 v 5 there hence the defence was under constant pressure. There was no pressing by the midfield whatsoever...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)