[FRIENDLY] JUVENTUS vs Villarreal, August 7th 2009 (3 Viewers)

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
That is said.. I personally think our starting eleven should be:

Buffon
Zebina Legro Chiellini Salihamidzic
Camoranesi Sissoko *CM*
Diego
FW Del Piero​

CM= either Tiago, Zanetti or Marchisio
FW = either Iaquinta, Trezeguet or Amauri

Ofcourse I am not saying that those players should start every game, but they are definitely our strongest formation.
No Melo?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
I did not catch the game but from some posts here,

Melo is ovverated, Trez was shit again, Moli is being Moli, Canna is getting slated again.

Fuck Ferrara sack him now. Seriously guys grow up. Where were you all when we turned over Madrid and Sevilla.

whateverr

Jun 16, 2009
No one noticed how poor our midfield was today? It was completely overrun and outplayed...mainly because they were swamped 5 v 3 all the time. The thing that annoyed me the most was the non existant pressing and clossing of spaces...Their players could shoot at will....there isn't much our defenders could do if there is no one in front to protect them...

The reason most people are angry is not because we lost...it's because we were made to look like amateurs...I mean seriously bad..They could have easily scored 3 more..the difference in terms of play was so vast I found it quite embarrasing..

whateverr

Jun 16, 2009
I did not catch the game but from some posts here,

Melo is ovverated, Trez was shit again, Moli is being Moli, Canna is getting slated again.

Fuck Ferrara sack him now. Seriously guys grow up. Where were you all when we turned over Madrid and Sevilla.
Some overreactions that's for sure but some points about these players have to be made.

Melo is not overrated but he needs to press more and be more active..however there were no other midfielders helping him out today...Marchisio was :sergio:

Trezeguet the same as always..doesn't contribute to anything but that's not his job. If he puts it in I'm happy however he is not doing that anymore.

Molinaro...he just needs to leave..not Juve material,,,

Cannavaro is being treated unfairly..he intercepted and tackled well for the most part...if there is no protection in front of you there is only so much you can do.

Ferrara is just fine...he is doing a good job and will learn from this..

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
i donno what we can do now to impove our defence...we still have more preseason games to fix our problem..but after this match, i think that it's almost imposible..the spaces they had...the brainless marking...the molinaro. I really wish that ciro's statement after the match wasn't a lie.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
God, what was that? :lol:

Friendly or not, it is unforgivable. It was like a video game where every pass works for Villarreal. They played us like little kids.

When did we concede 4 goals in one match?

Cannavaro :lol:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I don't care if it's just a friendly. The season starts in 2 weeks. And it's only Villarreal, who should be in the same stage of preseason as us. Just disappointing.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
Nov 26, 2008
Im at work and barely got my first break and i found out that we lost 4 to 1...What the hell happen? did we hire Raneiri again??

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
if there is no protection in front of you there is only so much you can do.
This is true. The defense was only the worst part of an awful team. The attack was funny, the midfield was destroyed, but still, even in such situation, the defense should have done much much better. Some amateurish positioning that we've seen from our defenders, especially Cannavaro, Molinaro and Caceres.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
regarding caceres i think he suffers from the "de ceglie" syndrom. he has some good attributes to be a good attacking full back, but defensively he is not good enough. he had some really nice tacklings, but his positioning was really bad.

perhaps he is really better as centre back with direct man marking, because it is not so difficult just running after one striker. zone marking seems not to be his best skill...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
So i read it was Caceres debut. how did he do?
He made two brilliant tackles in his debut two minutes and after that we've seen from him the worst positioning you'll ever see in your life.

It's his debut, it's all forgiven. But i'm worried that it's not only about playing your first game with players you never played with before and it's not only about being impressed by your debut.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
At this moment Del Piero-Trezeguet is our worst attacking pair.
Not our worst attackers, far from it, i still believe that Del Piero is our best attacker, but as a pair they are the worst combination at this particular moment.

Amauri-Del Piero, Amauri-Iaquinta, Amauri-Trezeguet, Iaquinta-Del Piero, Iaquinta-Trezeguet.... all are better right now.

whateverr

Jun 16, 2009
I think Amauri & IQ are a better bet mainly because the first can hold the ball and go past people and IQ is quick and can run in wide spaces ...something which we are lacking in a.ttack. At the moment it is not stretching the opposition enough.

...If we are playing with Diego these two are a more efficient pairing...I would actually use Del Piero in Diego's role..he has good vision and his passing is calm, controlled and actually pretty accurate when he is in those postions.

Elgerino

Feb 2, 2009
The whole team have to learn how to defend properly in this formation. At the beginning, we pressed too much without intelligence/purpose and that gived a lot of space in midfield for villarreal to play in. No wonders that we looked exhausted in the second half.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
Villa had the advantage of playing us with a full team. A set of players that have played with each other for quiet sometime and now what to do. Their new coach seem to have picked up where Pelligrini have left, and everyone knew what to do.

I think we just need some time to link up with each other.

Ferrara need to decide on the first team players and play with that team only. It is obvious that Canna is getting a first start but needs to work with Chiellini more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)