[FRIENDLY] JUVENTUS vs Villarreal, August 7th 2009 (6 Viewers)

Feb 4, 2009
I think a lot of our problems - aside from the obvious of lack of possession and very stringy defense - is that our players seem to think to score all our goals we have to either cross them in and finish with a header, or shoot from the 6-yard box...

We really dont take a lot of long shots on goal! These shots can lead to goals, corners, etc..

Nov 1, 2002
I think a lot of our problems - aside from the obvious of lack of possession and very stringy defense - is that our players seem to think to score all our goals we have to either cross them in and finish with a header, or shoot from the 6-yard box...

We really dont take a lot of long shots on goal! These shots can lead to goals, corners, etc..
i totally agree with you, i didnt like the way we played in the peace cup too because we play short passing and the players look like they want to lose the ball as soon as they get it

and we dont have players like xavi and iniesta to play some passes to make other players push forward but we have players like melo and sissoko when he come back from the injury who can hold the ball a little until the other players push forward so they have many options

and what i dont like the most is that ferrara seems to ask all the players to do the same job except camoranesi whos moving in all the field to create something but all other players are playing the same way

i mean it look like ferrara pushing the players to play his tactics more than using their skills to build a better tactic

Aug 17, 2007
God, what was that? :lol:

Friendly or not, it is unforgivable. It was like a video game where every pass works for Villarreal. They played us like little kids.

When did we concede 4 goals in one match?

Cannavaro :lol:
i love those icons in your posts...it's remind me that those match are fuckin not important. as ferrara said, this is good for us. it's better to get the slap in the face now...

many teams are great in the pre season and suck in the season...so all i care about is the official matches, really (i mean if we were suck for the whole summer i would have start to get worry but we didn't)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
umm

i wasnt able to watch the match due to my internet being a whore.

we lost 4-1? wow, ciro said it could help us, lets hope so.

how bad did we play?

where there any good players for us?
caceres?

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Just read all posts in this tread and it seems that we are having lots of problems in every department.

Yes, its only friendly but we should do much better than this, embarrassing should i say...

Furia Ceca

Mar 21, 2008
Thank god this happened now and not later on in the league or CL, We played bad and i think the players are already aware but IMO it doesn't mean that we'll keep playing like this, we showed great performances in the previous games, I understand this is very embarrassing but these things happen sooner or later, Inter got their asses smashed in their preseason with a 5-0 by Barcelona in 2007 and still managed to win the league. We will only find out when we start playing in the league.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
What a fucking EMBARASSMENT !!!!

What I saw out there today was a team that totally dominated us in every department- possession, passing, shooting, etc... we were outmuscled and outhustled

What happened to our possession games ?? I saw at one point in the game, Villareal had 68% of the possession....is that some kinda of joke ???? Just when I thought we couldnt get any worse than the first half....

Where was our short passing game ?? What happened to one-two's ?? Why did just rely on long-balls ?? Villareal showed us how things are supposed to be done, and pressured us every time we touched the ball. They showed just how EASY it is to beat us.....

No excuses here, we stunk the joint up, and on Juve's worst day, we should never experience a 4-1 destruction...and thats EXACTLY what is was

Giovinco was a no-show

Canna was a joke

DP and Trez got minimal service

Zebina was bad

Molinaro wasnt much better

Marchisio should be sold

Legro did nothing

Melo was a waste of money (Moggi is right !!)

Camo who ??

Ferrara looked like a lost boy

WE SHOULD SIGN PIRES !!!!!!:agree:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Just read all posts in this tread and it seems that we are having lots of problems in every department.

Yes, its only friendly but we should do much better than this, embarrassing should i say...
Haven't seen you around these parts for a while.

Vin, sell Marchisio? Melo was a mistake? You're jerking my chain.

Melo has played what, two games? And I won't even justify that Marchisio comment with a response.

dao_nq

Feb 6, 2008
Vinman just overreacts, he exaggerates but he doesn't really mean it. However, this match is still a big embarrassment. What I saw is we're lack of integrity between players in every department. And when it combines with individual shortcomings (I mean Cana and Moli and Melo..) 4-1 is quite understandable.

1st goal: Melo should have done better.
2nd goal: our midfielders and RB are the ones to blame
3rd goal: Cana was a joke
4th goal: again our DMFs and Chielini sucked.

To sum up, first, our midfield played like headless chickens when lost the balls too easily, thus, our strikers had merely no services at all. Second, our midfield can't even pushed pressure on Villareal, they let them dribbled, pass too easily. Consequently, our defenders who was too weakly linked and poorly organized couldn't stand such pressure and sharp passes. What comes around goes around, I even thought 4 conceded goals was still a luck. It is a big..no a huge slap and Ciro has a helluva issues to deal with.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
the main difference was teamwork, especially in MF...naturally it will take time for the MF to gel with each other...Villareal absolutely dominated that area, and therefore the match

Sep 14, 2003
I don't know....if we were winning all our pre-season games I would worry about peaking too early. The result doesn't bother me as much as the performance.

One good thing? It keeps the team's chances of trophies in some sort of perspective.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)