[FRIENDLY] JUVENTUS vs Villarreal, August 7th 2009 (3 Viewers)

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
he earns much less than many of fiorentinas players ... stop hating on players with facts you don't get right.

if you would weigh the worth of a player due to personal commitment, then molinaro was pretty much 5 times worth what camo's worth ...
Commitment is always an important quality. But it counts for nothing if a player is totally bereft of talent, and aware that finally his stranglehold on the left back position in the starting XI is at best under reconsideration, and more likely, Lost...to Sali, or De Ceglie when he regains full fitness.

I don't give a fuck how committed Molinaro is. He is appalling as a left back.

As for the result...Yes, it was hard to stomach. Especially as kick off, my time here in melbourne was 445am.

Many members have already correctly identified our midfield as the cause of our downfall. Marchisio and Camo were both phantoms..leaving too much work for Melo, who did seem to try, but too often, it seemed like he had 3 people to mark and tackle, with zero support from his midfield companions. If we are playing Diego or Giovinco in the hole, we desperately need more hustlers in midfield, alongside Melo, than we got last night.

During the first twenty minutes I kept thinking 'this is looking horrible'. Their midfield had TOO much space and time. Seemingly at will, they were taking turns, to attack, more often than not heading straight down the middle of the park...Zebina presented at least some resistance on the right flank, and showed desire to make things happen further up the field, but without getting any decent support or encouragement from Camo, he had little chance to impress.

IS Marchisio fit????

Momo, Melo, Tiago
will be our starting midfield trio,
or as some others have mentioned, especially when we play against a team who often moves to 5 in midfield, we can deploy the two big men in front of the defence, then Camo, Diego, Tiago/Giovino behind Trez or Amuari or Iaquinta in attack.

This result is not meaningless, bit neither is it enough to dampen my fiery hopes for this season.

That was not our first choice XI. We are not yet fit. Our midfield had a very poor showing, which affected the rest of the team.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
Commitment is always an important quality. But it counts for nothing if a player is totally bereft of talent, and aware that finally his stranglehold on the left back position in the starting XI is at best under reconsideration, and more likely, Lost...to Sali, or De Ceglie when he regains full fitness.

I don't give a fuck how committed Molinaro is. He is appalling as a left back.

As for the result...Yes, it was hard to stomach. Especially as kick off, my time here in melbourne was 445am.

Many members have already correctly identified our midfield as the cause of our downfall. Marchisio and Camo were both phantoms..leaving too much work for Melo, who did seem to try, but too often, it seemed like he had 3 people to mark and tackle, with zero support from his midfield companions. If we are playing Diego or Giovinco in the hole, we desperately need more hustlers in midfield, alongside Melo, than we got last night.

During the first twenty minutes I kept thinking 'this is looking horrible'. Their midfield had TOO much space and time. Seemingly at will, they were taking turns, to attack, more often than not heading straight down the middle of the park...Zebina presented at least some resistance on the right flank, and showed desire to make things happen further up the field, but without getting any decent support or encouragement from Camo, he had little chance to impress.

IS Marchisio fit????

Momo, Melo, Tiago
will be our starting midfield trio,
or as some others have mentioned, especially when we play against a team who often moves to 5 in midfield, we can deploy the two big men in front of the defence, then Camo, Diego, Tiago/Giovino behind Trez or Amuari or Iaquinta in attack.

This result is not meaningless, bit neither is it enough to dampen my fiery hopes for this season.

That was not our first choice XI. We are not yet fit. Our midfield had a very poor showing, which affected the rest of the team.
thats so true,,everyones bitching at how poor melo played and that he lost the ball when he had ten times the amount of touches marchisio and camo had combined
he was working all on his own and against more determined opponents he was made to look bad cuz he tried while his teammates just watched

ppl on this forum are way too impatient

i mean weve played the likes of sevilla,real,villa and villareal while real are playin with the likes of toronto fc and dc united,barca are playin the likes of chivas,seattle and la galaxy,liverpool and man utd are playin asian teams

it was def a no show and def an embarrasment but it fukin happens

where are the true juve fans who have faith that our boys will bounce back and go on to do what we all hope they will

FORZA JUVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Looking at this game, i see the 2,3,4 Villarreal goals are look similar. Starting from the right side of our defense and then finished in the left side. Caceres is out of position and not mark the opponent well, also the anticipation against through ball. Chiellini is not good either. He lost Pires 2 times, i don't know who is our LB at that time. Is it Chiellini? or is it Moli and he is not doing his duty well because i just don't see him in the 3rd and 4th goal.

i'm glad because this will become wake up alarm in the friendly that show our defense still need to improve especially against through ball play and small tricky player (Cazorla and the other that assisted Pires)

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
btw is it just me or have we failed to score a goal in open play against a decent side
last time we did that was iaquintas goal against sevilla

besides that first goal against sevilla was form a corner,both goals against real form set plays and we failed to score against aston villa and today we scored from a scramble which was made following a corner

this is what im concerned about the most
our lack of getting scoring chances through link up plays,1-2's and so on

Berbatov

Oct 19, 2004
Guys,Villareal to be honest, now is with class above us,they finished at 5th place in La Liga which is far better league than Calcio,they play with this players 2-3 season and are true team.We're totaly different team with 4 new players,with new tactic and new coach who is unexpirienced.against so compact team like Villareal we're doomed with players like Cannavaro and Molinaro,that's whyi think our mercato was not succesefull enough.I like very much number #2 from Villareal Gonzalo and he was linked to us 2 years ago,he is worldclass defender and put him in top3 wish list for next year among with Bocchetti from Genoa and Zapata from Udine.

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
dude you sayin villareal are a better team than us in the long term????
lets see them play us with the likes of sissoko,diego,buffon in our line up!!??

and plsu viallreal have a new coach too..not just us!

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
We lose a friendly and all the pessimistic is in the air
It`s a fucking friendly!!!
We lost 2-0 to Newcastle last year and we still managed to finish 2nd and Newcastle relegated
We are definitely a better team we just had an off day better now then in the league
We are using a new tactic with some new faces and to be honest I`m a bit surprised that everything went too good untill this friendly
and for the ones who said we didn`t play good at the peace cup put your glasses on we played and we were the best team in the tournament eliminating Real Madrid and if we hadn`t missed that much we would have thrashed Villa

For the one who says Villareal are better one game doesn`t change anything especially as it is a friendly and BTW what was Real final position?! and we were better than them so a 5th place team better than us but a higher ranked team not?!

I see posts such as Melo waste of money come on I`ve seen him play myself altough not this match and he is certainly not a waste of money actually he was great! He was playing like he played with us for years
I am just happy that Diego didn`t play as you would say he is a flop

Also did anyone notice that Chiellini probably our most important player didn`t play?
Chiellini is reminding me of Montero in that aspect with him we are protected without him we are doomed

Berbatov

Oct 19, 2004
i say now.Villareal last 3 years play regurarly in CL and Europe,their style of play is copied from Spain NT,quick wings,fast passes,very skillfull players in midfield and strong at the backline.I repeat they are compact team and plays together from 2-3 seasons,what Juve do before, mixed with great champions and bunch of flops with big salaries.Expectation is great,but the true reallity is cruel.We are far from superior team right now,Ciro must work very hard but some players will mislead him in important games,mark my words.

Dec 31, 2008
Guys,Villareal to be honest, now is with class above us,they finished at 5th place in La Liga which is far better league than Calcio,they play with this players 2-3 season and are true team.We're totaly different team with 4 new players,with new tactic and new coach who is unexpirienced.against so compact team like Villareal we're doomed with players like Cannavaro and Molinaro,that's whyi think our mercato was not succesefull enough.I like very much number #2 from Villareal Gonzalo and he was linked to us 2 years ago,he is worldclass defender and put him in top3 wish list for next year among with Bocchetti from Genoa and Zapata from Udine.
:andyandbarcelona: La Liga.... are you jokin a league where Real Madrid where fucked in their last 5-6 games and still maintained a lead of 8 points above Sevilla who where 3rd placed whereas in Serie A when Juve started getting draws Milan overtook us. Barca are the only top side in La liga, considering other teams Serie A has more quality and competition is also tighter . You don't need to draw Big conclusions after the result of a friendly, it was not just the right day when even Chiellini was making mistakes......

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
i say now.Villareal last 3 years play regurarly in CL and Europe,their style of play is copied from Spain NT,quick wings,fast passes,very skillfull players in midfield and strong at the backline.I repeat they are compact team and plays together from 2-3 seasons,what Juve do before, mixed with great champions and bunch of flops with big salaries.Expectation is great,but the true reallity is cruel.We are far from superior team right now,Ciro must work very hard but some players will mislead him in important games,mark my words.
great conclusion...NOT

we beat both sevilla and real who both finished miles ahead of villareal last season

bunch of flops!!!whats ur name again BERBASHITOV!!!hes a fkn flop

natedizzle89

Jan 11, 2006
Wow we just got pwned!

Positives from this game:
Caceres, Manninger, Giovinco

Negatives:
Everyone else!

Contrary to what other ppl are saying I genuinely thought giovinco had a good game, he was the only one TRYING to create anything and his passes, dribbles, and running were for the majority on point, but i do feel he needs to shoot far more. I've watched all the other preseason friendlies gio has played in and he was way below par on those, but this was far and away his best showing. Caceres for like 5 minutes couldn't put a foot wrong, then the goals started flooding in, i feel most of the goals were because the defense was not a unit, the only one i remember being any ones fault was the one where that guy destroyed canavaro and then passed it off for pires i think it was. The midfield was HORRIBLE, none of them played well. After euros i thought surely this was marchisio's season, granted its just his second game, but he looked completely out of sorts, melo didn't have a good match but then again almost no one did. CAMO was the worst player in the mid, and dare i say the worst in the game. He didn't hustle like in previous games, his passes and dribbles all were off, i thought it was a dreadful showing on his part.

All in all bad game, but i believe that a few games every year in every sport you can throw out as they don't show a true reflection of the team, and i feel this is one of those games.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Not the end of the world, but top teams don't lose like that to non-top teams.
I just hope Ciro has enough time to get everyone ready, becaus eonce he does this will all be a distant memory

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Let Ciro do his job for one season than you could look at our standings and performance in both the league and europe and then judge
I don`t care if we lose 50-0 the ONLY thing that counts are real games

Feb 7, 2007
The team must be ready on time for the season opening,we played some good friendly games against good teams , my opinion is that despite the loss we will be far better this season than the last one ,therefore i should day that we play the most friendly games without the brazilian number 28 ,without the bulldog plus del pieros mind is still on vacations ,not big deal we will be ready on time guys ,i hope so

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)