[FRIENDLY] JUVENTUS vs Villarreal, August 7th 2009 (4 Viewers)

juvefan

Jul 13, 2002
I saw the game and if I'm not remember it wrong the 2nd, 3rd goal come from Caceres error in the middle of the field.
He lose the ball and can't cover up his position then it lead to the goals......

The first 5 min he came down, he look promising but then...............

Buy on AliExpress.com

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
Wow we just got pwned!

Positives from this game:
Caceres, Manninger, Giovinco

Negatives:
Everyone else!

Contrary to what other ppl are saying I genuinely thought giovinco had a good game, he was the only one TRYING to create anything and his passes, dribbles, and running were for the majority on point, but i do feel he needs to shoot far more. I've watched all the other preseason friendlies gio has played in and he was way below par on those, but this was far and away his best showing. Caceres for like 5 minutes couldn't put a foot wrong, then the goals started flooding in, i feel most of the goals were because the defense was not a unit, the only one i remember being any ones fault was the one where that guy destroyed canavaro and then passed it off for pires i think it was. The midfield was HORRIBLE, none of them played well. After euros i thought surely this was marchisio's season, granted its just his second game, but he looked completely out of sorts, melo didn't have a good match but then again almost no one did. CAMO was the worst player in the mid, and dare i say the worst in the game. He didn't hustle like in previous games, his passes and dribbles all were off, i thought it was a dreadful showing on his part.

All in all bad game, but i believe that a few games every year in every sport you can throw out as they don't show a true reflection of the team, and i feel this is one of those games.
:tup:
Good points

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
The big problem yesterday was the lack of movement from our midfielders and attackers, combined with excellent marking and excellent movement by the Vilarreal players.

Many times i saw everyone passing the ball to Melo, with the Brazilian then finding himself in a position where he has no-one to pass the ball to because the others didn't open themselves for a pass. (Giovinco in particular should make himself available for a pass all the time, but the boy didn't do that).
So with the ball at his feet, Melo's options were sometimes to make a long pass, which he did great, but sometimes no-one was available even for a long pass so Melo had to either pass the ball back to the defenders, or try to dribble his way.
When the dribbling won't be successful, we're in trouble.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Yes, in that Seongnam game, Diego is always dropping back to receive the pass from deeper midfield. Its just too bad Diego and Melo has less than 15 mins together in that game or for that matter, the entire pre-season.

Also, I rem a report about Tardelli mentioning Diego will be the one to bring out the best in Amauri. Remains to be seen if its true but the truth is the duo or the trio (including Melo) has not have any play time together at all.

Feb 7, 2007
Yes, in that Seongnam game, Diego is always dropping back to receive the pass from deeper midfield. Its just too bad Diego and Melo has less than 15 mins together in that game or for that matter, the entire pre-season.

Also, I rem a report about Tardelli mentioning Diego will be the one to bring out the best in Amauri. Remains to be seen if its true but the truth is the duo or the trio (including Melo) has not have any play time together at all.
This is really bad for our team ,diego doesnt have the best pre season preparation due to his injuries

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
I think as fans we know our best starting 11 so as a coach should you not know?.
haha, yeah right. everything is so easy. how can ferrara not know ? perhaps he should play a round of football manager with you to get to know a thing or two about football.

seriously you know NOTHING about football. you and your crew are just ridiculous examples of really simple minded "fans" that do think they could do the coaches jobs with a finger snap.

Just a side note, ban this Counter Strike fool(Virtual) how one could like the form we show and hoping our club fails. He is quite clearly a non Juve fan.
i am a juve fan, but i am not a fan of "supersmart fans" like you who try to be smart with certain comments but honestly don't know shit.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Guys,Villareal to be honest, now is with class above us,they finished at 5th place in La Liga which is far better league than Calcio,they play with this players 2-3 season and are true team.We're totaly different team with 4 new players,with new tactic and new coach who is unexpirienced.against so compact team like Villareal we're doomed with players like Cannavaro and Molinaro,that's whyi think our mercato was not succesefull enough.I like very much number #2 from Villareal Gonzalo and he was linked to us 2 years ago,he is worldclass defender and put him in top3 wish list for next year among with Bocchetti from Genoa and Zapata from Udine.
Villarreal are not better than Juventus in terms of their squad, but as you say, they know each others game and currently a more cohesive team.

They also looked a lot sharper, I think Juve have played a bit too much football recently but it will hopefully pay dividends in the long term.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
Commitment is always an important quality. But it counts for nothing if a player is totally bereft of talent, and aware that finally his stranglehold on the left back position in the starting XI is at best under reconsideration, and more likely, Lost...to Sali, or De Ceglie when he regains full fitness.
i am not defending molinaro here, but said that it is bullshit to say that he earns to much for what he does deliver. he earns less and in economic and business terms camoranesi would be fired by many companies for the lack of commitment he brings in many games.

it is easier to get someone who gives his all but can't play football, than to get someone that does not know what the term "teamplay" is or who do not give everything, but what do you think why are there so many players that have damn great technique in youth level but never make it ... that are many times either not intelligent enough or do not give everything because they are spoilt. those kids are very common and it is not very difficult to get underperforming talents.

i get mad at mauro, when he does think he does not have to give his all and just stops playing when he gets dispossesed. that is a bad attitude and if you remember last season there were some games where camo did obviously care more about defending and regaining possession. when camo defends it often ends in rash tackles and fouls, but better that than just standing there and complaining/whining.

it is the coaches task to instill the motivation into the players to give their all (i could quote many of you claiming it is ranieris fault that our "stars" do not give their all. who will you blame now ?)

You two shouldn't exist, you are the disgrace of the human beings.
if there were just people as you, we was still living like the apes. go to your low paid job and tell your mates how much smarter than us people (with real life and brain) you actually are

Raj007

Jul 6, 2009
It's pretty clear that we had a very very bad game. Not taking anything away from Villareal, clearly they looked sharper and more determined.

The team as a whole played bad, no doubt. But we have to stop the name-calling and eye-poking and crotch-kicking : Ferrara made some bad decisions (Ale and Trez off at HT and bringing in Amauri and Iaquinta, I mean wtf where's the creativity gonna come from once Seba gets outmuscled like he was ??) and the wingbacks, especially Molinaro :sergio: . That was really the standout BAD of the game.

And I really don't understand how people can say that we missed Diego, I mean have we all conveniently forgotten that we defeated Real Madrid (much better than Villareal) without BOTH Diego and Melo ???

Just my 2 cents :) :cool:

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Vinman just overreacts, he exaggerates but he doesn't really mean it. However, this match is still a big embarrassment. What I saw is we're lack of integrity between players in every department. And when it combines with individual shortcomings (I mean Cana and Moli and Melo..) 4-1 is quite understandable.

1st goal: Melo should have done better.
2nd goal: our midfielders and RB are the ones to blame
3rd goal: Cana was a joke
4th goal: again our DMFs and Chielini sucked.

To sum up, first, our midfield played like headless chickens when lost the balls too easily, thus, our strikers had merely no services at all. Second, our midfield can't even pushed pressure on Villareal, they let them dribbled, pass too easily. Consequently, our defenders who was too weakly linked and poorly organized couldn't stand such pressure and sharp passes. What comes around goes around, I even thought 4 conceded goals was still a luck. It is a big..no a huge slap and Ciro has a helluva issues to deal with.
sounds like you saw the same problems that I did....the difference is I dont have a problem pointing fingers at the players who deserve it, and will become a hinderance to us winning anything this season

Marchisio, who I have tried to give the benefit of the doubt since he came from the Primavera (he is our youth product, so obviously someone sees something in him) has never impressed me...we could find a hundred other middies who are more skilled

Melo was a mistake to buy, considering we have too many other middies with his characteristics. D'Ago would have been the smarter buy, and would have completed our midfield

Caraces, granted it was his first game and he had an awesome tackle to start, was pretty poor on the right side...he is more of a CB, isnt he ?? He may have a chance to partner Chellini, after seeing how bad Canna has become, and Legro is never a guarantee

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Ferrara made some bad decisions (Ale and Trez off at HT and bringing in Amauri and Iaquinta, I mean wtf where's the creativity gonna come from once Seba gets outmuscled like he was ??)

And I really don't understand how people can say that we missed Diego, I mean have we all conveniently forgotten that we defeated Real Madrid (much better than Villareal) without BOTH Diego and Melo ???

Just my 2 cents :) :cool:
Its rather clear that the team is being out-muscled/out-played in midfield and IQ and Ama brought more physical presence and applying pressure to the Villareal defense than both DP and Trez in the first half. At the end of the day, its a bad day for all 4 of them really, Amauri still tries as hard as he normally does but the team is simply outplayed.

The 4-3-1-2 is essentially "made" for Diego, so that the team can bring out the best in him IMO. So if the fulcrum is missing, the team cannot leverage on what he brings. Melo actually played 3/4 of the full 90mins in that Real game.

engireman

May 26, 2009
we overworried about our team regarding to just one friendly match, which Ferrara just want to test some of his experiences. Hope that Molinaro will not be started from next season.

Raj007

Jul 6, 2009
Giovinco was a no-show

Canna was a joke

DP and Trez got minimal service

Zebina was bad

Molinaro wasnt much better

Marchisio should be sold

Legro did nothing

Melo was a waste of money (Moggi is right !!)

Camo who ??

Ferrara looked like a lost boy

WE SHOULD SIGN PIRES !!!!!!
sounds like you saw the same problems that I did....the difference is I dont have a problem pointing fingers at the players who deserve it, and will become a hinderance to us winning anything this season
So disposing off of almost the entire squad HELPS us ???

Marchisio, who I have tried to give the benefit of the doubt since he came from the Primavera (he is our youth product, so obviously someone sees something in him) has never impressed me...we could find a hundred other middies who are more skilled
Hmm looks like you have a real eye for :gsol: talent :gsol:. You should be a scout for Juve.

No wait, why don't you take up Ferrara's job, and while you're at it, teach a thing or two to Lippi, the MULTIPLE SCUDETTI and WORLD CUP WINNING COACH ??

Melo was a mistake to buy, considering we have too many other middies with his characteristics. D'Ago would have been the smarter buy, and would have completed our midfield
That seems (although a bit stretched) quite a fair comment. We already have like CMs / DMs by the dozen, how Melo would've / will make a difference, I fail to comprehend. Especially since we lost PAVEL NEDVED over the summer, not EDGAR DAVIDS or ALESSIO TACCHINARDI, and we have enough of useless card magnets in Sissoko.

Caraces, granted it was his first game and he had an awesome tackle to start, was pretty poor on the right side...he is more of a CB, isnt he ?? He may have a chance to partner Chellini, after seeing how bad Canna has become, and Legro is never a guarantee
Caceres should have never been playing so much as to be reviewed at all. He should've just got maybe the last 5-10 mins. Why Ferrara brought him so early :sergio:

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
haha, yeah right. everything is so easy. how can ferrara not know ? perhaps he should play a round of football manager with you to get to know a thing or two about football.

seriously you know NOTHING about football. you and your crew are just ridiculous examples of really simple minded "fans" that do think they could do the coaches jobs with a finger snap.

i am a juve fan, but i am not a fan of "supersmart fans" like you who try to be smart with certain comments but honestly don't know shit.
Simple minded fans, sure I only see one simple minded fan here and that is you fool, you enjoyed the defeat last night, if that is what you call a fan then your so dilluded its laughable. Just for the record I do not try to be smart on here, outside of this internet world some of us have lives and would rather impress in real life than the internet world. Now where is that Counter Strike?.

dao_nq

Feb 6, 2008
After watching this match again, I saw a good sign: our players seem to be more united than they were last seasons. Camo and Melo talked with calm attitude while there was no high tension in the whole team. Stay that way and I believe we'll better off. Our squad are stronger and more quality, time will fix our current shortcomings.

Always look on the bright side of life :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)