[FRIENDLY] JUVENTUS vs Hamburg SV (July 18th 2010) (65 Viewers)

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
people need to relax and realise its just a friendly.
why? it's been a problem for the past couple of years now that i have been trying to point out.

DP is getting slower but still wants to hug the ball and slow our play down killing any momentum we have going forward. The brain is there but the body ain't. He need to stop being a ball-ho and be more of a team player!

Buy on AliExpress.com

awit

Jan 10, 2010
I'm just afraid that Italian coaches' fear of using creative attacking players instead of hard working players is going to cripple us for yet another season.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
A good left back and Krasic will suffice for the time being. Then we should worry about a new striker. I didn't see much good service coming Amauri's way all game so I'm not judging the man.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I'm just afraid that Italian coaches' fear of using creative attacking players instead of hard working players is going to cripple us for yet another season.
Yeah the Italian coaches again, Delneri played plenty of creative attacking players last season; Cassano, Poli, Semioli, Guberti, even Ziegler at left back.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
some quick notes about the game:

- Storari played great....he's not Gigi, but should do well in his place for awhile

- Lanzafame stays....I was very impressed with everything he did

- the defense was shaky...now I know that these guys are not going to be our starters, but if Chellini or Bonucci get injured.....

- we have to keep Diego. I like this new position for him, I dont know if its possible that DP and Diego can play together, but DP only has a year or two left in him. Diego, with the way he's playing right now, could be DP's ultimate replacement

- Ekdal was decent as well

- Martinez will be the second biggest blunder signing of the season (next to the winner- Pepe). The guy lacks the basics, and NO excuse in the world can cover that up. MOGGI WAS RIGHT !!!

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Its still too early to judge our mercato but what worrys me is that none of our new signings including our coach have a winning mentality and our Midfield still only offers work rate and not creativity.

Diego still has to come deep to collect the ball leaving our striker isolated and if we sell Giovinco we will not have a proper replacement if the Brazilan gets injured.

Though as I say its still early so il judge Marotta on Aug 31st but the way things stand id be happy with a 3rd place finish.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Even if we had Dzeko out there where would the service come from?
True. But we cant hide the fact that we need a classy attacker.

And I agree with you that our wingers could be a disaster, we will se..

Krasic Diego Giovinco

Dzeko

With Motta as RB and a good LB then we would have a good team.

Diego and Dzeko would be a great attack. but ofcourse we need players from behind supporting them

awit

Jan 10, 2010
I'm not really worried about our strikers but we need to start using more than 1 creative player in the lineup. At the moment our team has 4 of them, Diego, Gio, Del Piero and Camo. DP and Diego aren't going to be fielded simultaneously and Camo doesn't have the legs to play as a starting winger anymore.

This leaves Gio and DP/Diego presuming that we are even going to use Gio. This needs to be addressed as the first priority but if the type of wingers we have bought is any indication about Del Neri's preferences, it doesn't look good.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Its still too early to judge our mercato but what worrys me is that none of our new signings including our coach have a winning mentality and our Midfield still only offers work rate and not creativity.

Diego still has to come deep to collect the ball leaving our striker isolated and if we sell Giovinco we will not have a proper replacement if the Brazilan gets injured.

Though as I say its still early so il judge Marotta on Aug 31st but the way things stand id be happy with a 3rd place finish.
How do you know Del Neri doesn't have a winning mentallity?

memo

Nov 18, 2005
I'm not really worried about our strikers but we need to start using more than 1 creative player in the lineup. At the moment our team has 4 of them, Diego, Gio, Del Piero and Camo. DP and Diego aren't going to be fielded simultaneously and Camo doesn't have the legs to play as a starting winger anymore.

This leaves Gio and DP/Diego presuming that we are even going to use Gio. This needs to be addressed as the first priority but if the type of wingers we have bought is any indication about Del Neri's preferences, it doesn't look good.
lanzafame is a defensive player??????? ..................

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
of course it was just a friendly, but the problems of lack of technique are obvious when looking at the team sheet. At least the defence should be better, should we rely on that departement this season?

awit

Jan 10, 2010
The worry doesn't really come from this game itself but from the fact that this game seemed to confirm the fears many have had about or mercato policy so far (quantity over quality).

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
When Inter are down to 9 men after 20 minutes and he sets his sampdoria team up for a draw instead of going for a win.
There in lies the difference.

If we're playing our 1st rate defence with melo, marchisio, krasic, diego and giovinco in midfield. I don't really see where the huge problems will lie in the team bar our striker but we really don't now how they'll perform.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 65)