Fredy Guarín - CM - inter (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 22, 2007
Didn't goal.com write some article about him having only 1 good season out of 4 at Porto? I didn't read it, but is that true?
Wasn't it half a good season out of 4? Osman posted something from a Porto fan at XT criticising the guy (bad passing might have been one criticisms, will find the post if I can be bothered). I've also spoken to a Porto fan who says he's not exactly that good either. Not sure what to think because I liked him in the Europa League last season, but apart from that I've never really seen him stand out in any way in the few other matches I've seen him play.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
The sentiments by many Porto supporters seem to be that he's being "wasted" by the current coach, then there are posts like this one:

"His 'half season' was not good, it was sublime. AVB is a coach who can spot and use quality... the latest porto coach is clueless. Guarin's all action style is an asset WHEN USED CORRECTLY. His ability is definatly worth the gamble."

But to be honest, I don't know a lot about this player...

juventino899

Dec 29, 2009
He might not be suited for Porto, look at Ibra with Juve he was good but looked completely different with Inter and Milan

hopefully Conte can use him properly..that being said I want him to start using Elia a bit more often too

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Didn't goal.com write some article about him having only 1 good season out of 4 at Porto? I didn't read it, but is that true?
Really worrying. This is from his league games.

In 2008/09 he started 0 and came from the bench on 15 matches (didn't play on 19 matches)
In 2009/10 he started 9 and came from the bench on 9 matches (didn't play on 16 matches)
In 2010/11 he started 12 and came from the bench on 10 matches (didn't play on 12 matches)
In 2011/12 he started 5 and came from the bench on 2matches (didn't play on 9 matches)

That's a typical bencher right there. On top of it they don't want him in Porto and they sell him pretty cheap compared to how they usually sell.

It's ungrateful to rate someone without seeing him, but these numbers give a lot to worry about.

Jan 22, 2009

In 2008/09 he started 0 and came from the bench on 15 matches (didn't play on 19 matches)
In 2009/10 he started 9 and came from the bench on 9 matches (didn't play on 16 matches)
In 2010/11 he started 12 and came from the bench on 10 matches (didn't play on 12 matches)
In 2011/12 he started 5 and came from the bench on 2matches (didn't play on 9 matches)

That's a typical bencher right there. On top of it they don't want him in Porto and they sell him pretty cheap compared to how they usually sell.

It's ungrateful to rate someone without seeing him, but these numbers give a lot to worry about.
Watch a copa America game from last year, doesnt matter which one....these numbers are deceiving!

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007

That line in bold says a lot.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Wasn't it half a good season out of 4? Osman posted something from a Porto fan at XT criticising the guy (bad passing might have been one criticisms, will find the post if I can be bothered). I've also spoken to a Porto fan who says he's not exactly that good either. Not sure what to think because I liked him in the Europa League last season, but apart from that I've never really seen him stand out in any way in the few other matches I've seen him play.
http://forum.juventuz.org/showthrea...EDn-CM-Porto&p=3464406&viewfull=1#post3464406

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Watch a copa America game from last year, doesnt matter which one....these numbers are deceiving!
If he showed pure quality instead of great form, then you're right. The problem is that I don't know what was it. WCs and other short tournaments tend to deceive too.

We had some Portuguese members here. Where the fuck are they? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)