Franco Vázquez - AM C - Palermo (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
This year I was smarter than that and decided not to expect any high profile names. Turns out I was right with Vazquez all along :D

I like him he's a good player, hardly a disaster. Last season top assist man in Serie A had 10 assists and guys who had as many were: Dybala, Vazquez, Berardi, Pjanic and Hamsik. Pretty nice :D

Tbh Vazquez in our situation isn't as bad as people claim, more the opposite. He's got a very good understanding with Dybala so gelling the attack would be easier. He's got very good vision and pass and he's strong as well, not that easy to dispossess. Decent dribbling and understanding of possession attack play. Quite slow at counters but still useful because of his pass.

We should do better but it's always like this. On FM you get what you want in reality it's more difficult. I think this guy is a safer option than Draxler who is a huge question mark. Funnily people won't complain with the German who had a shitty season while Vazquez is definitely on the rise.
vazquez had 1 good season in his entire career and all of a sudden he is suitable for Juve just because he will link up with Dybala. Thing is palermo built their team around that attack, we are not. Vazquez was nothing but last season's cerci. Draxler as much as I have doubts about him too is a far better player technically and has a much higher ceiling to improve, vazquez won't if anything he will probably crumble at the pressures of playing at a top club

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Your thoughts on him, Jay? He strikes me as a player you'd quite like...I dont mind him at all, and obviously he has a great understanding with Dybala, but I'd prefer we look elsewhere for the AM role.
Never really struck me as a Juve type of player, more like Roma or Milan. I'd need to see him have another good season, but his price and interest may go up by then. You certainly can't give him the #10 shirt and put pressure on him.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
vazquez had 1 good season in his entire career and all of a sudden he is suitable for Juve just because he will link up with Dybala. Thing is palermo built their team around that attack, we are not. Vazquez was nothing but last season's cerci. Draxler as much as I have doubts about him too is a far better player technically and has a much higher ceiling to improve, vazquez won't if anything he will probably crumble at the pressures of playing at a top club
And Draxler won't? The kid plays for Schalke ffs. Same case, they're not a big club. Yeah he's younger and ceiling is higher but last season he spent on a treatment table and we don't know how much it stagnated his development.

Let's agree that both aren't what we should be aiming for but that's life. I'll take Vazquez over Draxler who isn't even rated by Germans we have here. At least we get a player with good momentum who should settle in well instead of a kid who struggles with muscle injuries (like we didn't have enough of those yet).

As for Vazquez comparisons to Cerci - you can't predict if it's the same case. He's got more to his game than speedy Cerci ever did.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
And Draxler won't? The kid plays for Schalke ffs. Same case, they're not a big club. Yeah he's younger and ceiling is higher but last season he spent on a treatment table and we don't know how much it stagnated his development.

Let's agree that both aren't what we should be aiming for but that's life. I'll take Vazquez over Draxler who isn't even rated by Germans we have here. At least we get a player with good momentum who should settle in well instead of a kid who struggles with muscle injuries (like we didn't have enough of those yet).

As for Vazquez comparisons to Cerci - you can't predict if it's the same case. He's got more to his game than speedy Cerci ever did.
schalke are a bigger club than palermo though, they make the CL every so often if not at least the EL

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
schalke are a bigger club than palermo though, they make the CL every so often if not at least the EL
Yeah but they're not exactly Juve.

I'm not taking away anything from Draxler. He is/was a top prospect but the kid will cost shitload of money while we're not convinced with his fitness.

In a perfect world we should go out hunting for a WC AM now that we sealed cheap Siqueira for LB and all we're missing is an AM.When Draxler costs 30m+ and Vazquez 25m+ you should look for someone else.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Yeah but they're not exactly Juve.

I'm not taking away anything from Draxler. He is/was a top prospect but the kid will cost shitload of money while we're not convinced with his fitness.

In a perfect world we should go out hunting for a WC AM now that we sealed cheap Siqueira for LB and all we're missing is an AM.When Draxler costs 30m+ and Vazquez 25m+ you should look for someone else.
honestly I'd take sneijder over vazquez, ironic since so many were against signing sneijder in January yet people are now content on signing vazquez... :sigh:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
We should do better but it's always like this. On FM you get what you want in reality it's more difficult. I think this guy is a safer option than Draxler who is a huge question mark. Funnily people won't complain with the German who had a $#@!ty season while Vazquez is definitely on the rise.
But Draxlers best football has set certain expectations for the boy.

- - - Updated - - -

Draxler is quick :klin:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Seriously, he can have 100 goals and assists but be still shit. Pedro gone mad, cuz I think messi is also soft and characterless person.

And some questioning clubs ambitions :lol: every summer is the same, every fuvking summer I hear same shit from some of you. Even @JCK is more reserved (we'll at least not panicking)
I haven't complained about anything but the sales of Vidal since I can't remember when.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are people convinced he is coming now?
I am not convinced about him coming or not but I can answer to those who believe we are getting Vazques, it's because we've seen these patterns way too many times before. Being linked with a much better player and start looking for alternatives and end up signing from the bottom of the list.

- - - Updated - - -

Neither was I. I'm sure it would have been interesting.

Imagine if it happened now, FFS :lol:
You haven't been around wiith my duels with gsol? Man you've missed something.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I am not convinced about him coming or not but I can answer to those who believe we are getting Vazques, it's because we've seen these patterns way too many times before. Being linked with a much better player and start looking for alternatives and end up signing from the bottom of the list.
👍 add the fact that we usually go for the easier options (almost always). We don't target what players suit us better, but rather who is available (and un-wanted by his club). That's seems our strategy.

Just to confirm what I'm saying, I've posted a reply on siqueira thread last week saying that am convinced and ready to bet that we're not getting Sandro but rather Siqueira.

The fact that atletico signed a replacement for him (Felipe), you just know that we're getting their reserve player. It's a clear trend that we had for many years now under this management.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
honestly I'd take sneijder over vazquez, ironic since so many were against signing sneijder in January yet people are now content on signing vazquez... :sigh:
I don't like Vazquez, eventhough I think he's a good player, might be usefuly here if we're to field more dynamic players around him, but come on now. Sneijder, really?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I haven't complained about anything but the sales of Vidal since I can't remember when.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You haven't been around wiith my duels with gsol? Man you've missed something.
I remember your posts with gsol (around late 07 early 08) as I was a lurker then :D But when we actually got relegated in 06, I wasnt reading the forums as much.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I remember your posts with gsol (around late 07 early 08) as I was a lurker then :D But when we actually got relegated in 06, I wasnt reading the forums as much.
Would you believe me if I told you that back then it was actually more civil and far less trolling?

Dare I say, something like that actually brought the forum together. Yeah, there were plenty of debates going on back then, but it didn't spill over into every other thread, and we actually all cane here for comfort and support
@JCK @baggio @Bjerknes @Hustini @X @JuveJay can probably all attest to this.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Would you believe me if I told you that back then it was actually more civil and far less trolling?

Dare I say, something like that actually brought the forum together. Yeah, there were plenty of debates going on back then, but it didn't spill over into every other thread, and we actually all cane here for comfort and support
Indeed. Sad days but I know we did all well to stand by each other. Damn, I will never forget my trip to Turin when we played in Serie B meeting members from this forum coming from different countries.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
let me make this clear I by no means want sneijder but if I had to pick between the two i'd sooner take sneijder
He's coming off a great season in arguably one of the toughest leagues, formed excellent partnership with Dybala, good age, as opposed to Sneijder, well past his prime and plied his trade in Turkey for a while. As I've stated he wouldn't be my first choice, but he's not a bad player either and could be useful.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
So if he had 100 goals and assists you wouldn't want him?

- - - Updated - - -
@zizinho - add "utter bull$#@!" to the list I think that's one. I see it often like the others :D
Lol look at your answer. Talk about bullshit

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously, he can have 100 goals and assists but be still $#@!. Pedro gone mad, cuz I think messi is also soft and characterless person.

And some questioning clubs ambitions :lol: every summer is the same, every fuvking summer I hear same $#@! from some of you. Even @JCK is more reserved (we'll at least not panicking)
It is a fucking language figure that means that statistics are not everything in football, not sure if you are familiar with it.

And can't people criticise determined moves from the management? What are we, management fans or Juventus supporters?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

There was less trolling but I would also say it was more cliquey and a bit darker as well. As someone who lurked for a couple of years before I could be bothered to register, there seemed to be a lot of heated debates going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)