Franco Vázquez - AM C - Palermo (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Would you believe me if I told you that back then it was actually more civil and far less trolling?

Dare I say, something like that actually brought the forum together. Yeah, there were plenty of debates going on back then, but it didn't spill over into every other thread, and we actually all cane here for comfort and support
@JCK @baggio @Bjerknes @Hustini @X @JuveJay can probably all attest to this.
Oh, for sure Serge. Honestly, the quality of the posts on average were far greater back in the day. We lost some good posters over a period of time. Miss those days fo sho. Also, ironically, it's also from a time when issues were probably less complicated than they are now. We were bigger then, the serie a was still a relevant destination, and our mercato moves definitely were a bit more soothing than they are today. :D

On the whole though, the 'Tuz as an entity was like Del Piero at the time. Fluid and friendly. And today, we are more like Giovinco. Short on articulation, short on patience and ant like in respect for others opinions.

There was less trolling but I would also say it was more cliquey and a bit darker as well. As someone who lurked for a couple of years before I could be bothered to register, there seemed to be a lot of heated debates going.
No way near as bad as it is today Jaje. Trolling never spilt across threads the way they do today. It's sad really.

I still hope this is just media bullshit, despite GDM reporting it.
Honestly, Vazquez, if you view this move in isolation, would be a very Juve like move in most seasons, and could also make for an absolutely shrewd deal at the right price. But, in the context of the season we have had, the CL position, the rate at which the team has grown, and the eventual sale of Vidal, following the loss of Tevez particularly, and Pirlo - I would say the team should be pushing the envelope a bit more. This would be a sign of settling for a player rather than aggressively going out and getting the intended target at this point.

Jul 13, 2010
It is a $#@!ing language figure that means that statistics are not everything in football, not sure if you are familiar with it.

And can't people criticise determined moves from the management? What are we, management fans or Juventus supporters?
I tend to judge after the end result, and I trust the boards decisions. The thing is, that sometimes its better to buy or loan someone instead of nothing, because if the player is actually exploding at Juve, thats very good, if not, he might not even get on the bench. It's not like we buy and he must play, we buy, test the player, then make a decision. Thats why there are increasing talks of clauses of minimal played games and performance related bonuses. To be reassured if things don't go as planned.

@Klin , I sure want some established stars or players with undoubted talent, but I fancy a shot at unproven one's also, as we are doing a good job without many superstars anyway.

The result is all that matters.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
He's coming off a great season in arguably one of the toughest leagues, formed excellent partnership with Dybala, good age, as opposed to Sneijder, well past his prime and plied his trade in Turkey for a while. As I've stated he wouldn't be my first choice, but he's not a bad player either and could be useful.
1 good season out of how many though? how will vazquez aid us in europe? we will be back to the "the team lacks experience in europe" excuse. There is little to suggest vazquez can even replicate his form again this season or even at a bigger club that demands more, just think about how Cerci's career has panned out since his outbreak season at torino? I don't buy this excuse that we should buy him so he can replicate his partnership with dybala again it doesn't mean they can replicate that form with a team that is actually not built around them unlike their time at palermo and that is the key point to highlight. Sneijder on the other hand - yes i dislike him and would oppose any move for him at least has european experience on his side, a far more proven player regardless of the fact that he is plying his trade in turkey

- - - Updated - - -

I still hope this is just media bullshit, despite GDM reporting it.
it's almost enough to make me wish we bought Gerson instead.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Vasquez is a pre Conte era signing ala Krasic, Martinez, Amauri - not a top signing for a team that has just been in a CL final and won 4 consecutive scudetti.

I'm not saying we can't make use of Vasquez - we definitely could - but he's no upgrade to Pereyra, and this is what we need.

Spending ~€70-80m on just two top players in one mercato might seem impossible to us, but letting go of both Tevez and Vidal we need to do it to remain on par with last seasons squad.. Having made €100m total of CL alone last season we should have at least half / €50 available for transfers and having just sold Vidal for €37m we definitely can afford a €40-45m Götze signing just now. Cherry!

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Do people remember how underwhelmed many were by the arrival of Pereyra last summer, even with a few of us insisting he'd be a useful signing?

Funny how things turn out...

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I would argue that all of our signings this summer have been downgrades if not at the very most equal to who they are replacing from last season's team, I just don't get what the club are trying to achieve here but it's not the right way to go about it if they keep talking about how they want to be european giants again

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I always find it funny when people read "we made 100mil from cl" that they think our management goes like "Oh, we were in the CL ? And we made 100mil ? Woah, lets buy stuff"

Offcourse, the intelligent person, isnt this stupid. Before the season, the board sets the expectations for the CL, and uses the money that that expectation will deliver, in the mercato allready. In juventus case, this means that we had set the bar at knockout rounds. Anything extra would be extra

Now, we made some extra. But thats like 35 mil or something. Wich brought you dybala

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #251
    Come anticipato dal Presidente Maurizio Zamparini, nelle scorse settimane, il calciatore Franco Vazquez non é sul mercato.

Non esiste e non esisterà una trattativa né con la Juventus, né con altri club per la cessione del giocatore argentino che sarà uno dei punti fermi del Palermo 2015/2016.

Vazquez not on mercato.

won't be any deal with Juve.

palermo official site.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)