Franck Ribery (4 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
But if you were Ribery, would you rather play in the EPL or serie A?
Serie A, but that's rather if Ribery would be me :D. I'm not convinced Arsenal will actually pursue Ribery, with the likes or Rosicky, Hleb and Van Persie there already. Real Madrid is the one, whom I think will lay down a lot of money for Ribery.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Serie A, but that's rather if Ribery would be me :D. I'm not convinced Arsenal will actually pursue Ribery, with the likes or Rosicky, Hleb and Van Persie there already. Real Madrid is the one, whom I think will lay down a lot of money for Ribery.

It is my firm belief that if Ribery joined Arsenal he'd be a legend, bar any serious injuries, even bigger than henry. Arsene would be good for him too, as much as i want him here i cant wait to see his slalom runs in the EPL.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
But if you were Ribery, would you rather play in the EPL or serie A?
EPL factor is over-rated.

If you were Ribery which is a bigger team?

Arsenal or Juve?

Barring Juve won't be compete in CL, we are far bigger team by all measure; fan support, revenue, history etc.

I feel Ribery be will out of the Arsenal price range come this summer. First and foremost important factor for any players is wage - lets not kid ourselves - they are making serious money here, and money talk in a business world. Heck, I would do the same myself. As Dom said, I think it will come down to us, Real, Inter, and possibly ManUre. I can't see us beating out these teams for Ribery though.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
what do you mean? it's obvious EPL is faster paced than serie A, that in turn allows for more open space where Franck is lethal; add to that his fiery personality he'd be a fan favorite in no time, dare i say the next cantona?
Oh, I just wanted to say such comment as playing in EPL is so prestigious that it takes over all the factors players should take into account, which some press seem to carry with them these days. The comment wasn't specifically directed at you.

Its quite obvious to me when players move team factor, and wage is more important consideration than the leauge itself.

But I do agree with you Ribery game is more suited to EPL. He will cause havoc in that with his blistering pace, and technical ability. Ribery thrives on space, and that is what you get in abundance in EPL. But I am equally confident that he will be a success in any league he plays - he is so versatille and with many dimensions.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Oh, I just wanted to say such comment as playing in EPL is so prestigious that it takes over all the factors players should take into account, which some press seem to carry with them these days. The comment wasn't specifically directed at you.

Its quite obvious to me when players move team factor, and wage is more important consideration than the leauge itself.

But I do agree with you Ribery game is more suited to EPL. He will cause havoc in that with his blistering pace, and technical ability. Ribery thrives on space, and that is what you get in abundance in EPL. But I am equally confident that he will be a success in any league he plays - he is so versatille and with many dimensions.
agreed, btw i sent you a private message chotto nihongo o renshuu shitai :D

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Arsenal have hleb, van persie and rosicky....it would be hard for ribery to fit.

juve on the other hand have camoranesi....no other attacking midfielder..ribery would be the perfect the player to get.

DD needs to tell him he could be the next Platini, he'll join then :agree:

CORVETTE

Malato di Juve , , 29
Oct 13, 2005
Juve: sarà Ribery il nuovo faro di Deschamps
TORINO - Continuano le operazioni di mercato in casa Juve, l'anno prossimo per tornare a vincere da subito c'è bisogno di rinforzare il centrocampo. Oltre all'arrivo di Salihamidzic e il possibile ritorno di Emerson, Alessio Secco starebbe cercando di convincere il talentuoso centrocampista del Marsiglia, Ribery. Gli ostacoli non mancano, ci sono molti club europei sul francese e potrebbero sorgere complicazioni sull'ingaggio. Ma Deschamps sta facendo pressioni sulla società perchè ritiene Ribery in grado di trascinare il futuro centrocampo bianconero.

CALCIOMERCATOWEB.IT

KroniK

X32 IARO
May 20, 2005
:disagree: Mike and Dominic watch FC Porto matches so far (ok at least the one against Arsenal in the CL) and the upcoming tie against Chelsea and your opinion will change :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)