Franck Ribery (7 Viewers)

Jul 28, 2002
Oddly id say Ribery and Quares are different style of players.

Quares is full of tricks, where as Ribery is about driving at the defenders.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Oddly id say Ribery and Quares are different style of players.

Quares is full of tricks, where as Ribery is about driving at the defenders.
That's absolutely right.

If we seriously want the most similar type of player we can find to replace Nedved, Ribery would be the answer. However, if we want somebody with a little more craft and creativity, Quaresma would also be a good choice because he certainly has talent. I would take either one but we'll most likely end up getting neither.

But whatever the case, we need to inject some creativity and top-notch youth into our midfield.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
To me its not always about the skills you have, but how you use them effectively on the pitch.

Ribery combines speed, agility and technique in a very effective game, and can be a real threat with his runs/drives on the wings.

I'm hoping though Juve decide to have an AMC, its been a while since we have a player in that position and honestly Diego is impressive there.

KroniK

X32 IARO
May 20, 2005
It's clearly obvious that many people here are unaware of the portuguese super league as they are of the french ligue 1 so there's no point arguing who's better quaresma or ribery. i respect ppl's opinion over ribery but nationalities,reputation etc apart, I'd go for quaresma and that's it for me on this thread

roberto*baggio

*Roberto Baggio*
Dec 3, 2006
i know what turk bianconero wants to say he wants to say that for a club grasshooper like ribery what gurantees that he is going to stay with us after we give him the fame,i mean we could only be a bus station for him

roberto*baggio

*Roberto Baggio*
Dec 3, 2006
They both have skills in dribbling ,ball control and play making BUT

Ribery is better in pace (both in short and long distances) ,ribery is better in team work meantality and ribery could play as aplaymaker easier ,In counter attacks that ribery is like a wild stallion(or speedy gonzalez or road runner for looney toones fans)and finally i guess ribery expenses wont exceeds that of quaresma

Quaresma is hell of a talent in ball control and dribbling he is better than ribery in ball control specially in naroow spaces near the box ,but somtimes he plays for himself and controls the ball too much and that is a fatal mistake for a playmaker so we could only use him in the flanks only

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)