[FRA] Ligue 1 2008/2009 (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
I saw that too Fred, Bordeaux is the best team in France this year. and based on fixture, they can get to the top start from this week if they win against Rennes and Marseille lost against Lille.. But i am suprise by PSG performance after last year, in just one year they can make it up and become competitive. Is it because their coach Le Guen or the turn of players performance or all their new players? Other than Hoarau and Sakho, is there any great player there?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
@ fred: do u watch the games on art bro? i dont know i see highlights and they seem like really good games. do they play on sat and sunday like england and itlay or they have a system of there own?
I watch them on Al-Jazeera Sport whenever i can, but if theres a game i want to watch that JSC doesnt air, i watch it on ART.

I saw that too Fred, Bordeaux is the best team in France this year. and based on fixture, they can get to the top start from this week if they win against Rennes and Marseille lost against Lille.. But i am suprise by PSG performance after last year, in just one year they can make it up and become competitive. Is it because their coach Le Guen or the turn of players performance or all their new players? Other than Hoarau and Sakho, is there any great player there?
Marseille beat Lille today, i didn't see this coming to be honest. Lille always do well against L'OM and its been almost two years since Marseille beat them. But i guess i should have expected it, as they've been poor the past couple of games.

Vintage performance by Niang, Mbami and their entire backline won Marseille the game today, they did well to nullify the threat of Cabaye, Vittek and Bastos. They did have trouble dealing with Hazard though, but he's just unplayable.

As for PSG, they have a rather good team this season. Sessegnon has been one of the best midfielders in the Ligue this year, he's always been a promising player, but he only really made his breakthrough this year. Makelele has added some much needed steel and experience to midfield, Rothen has been very hard working and productive with his crosses, he's been their main creative outlet this year. Also their Brazilian rightback Ceara has done fairly well this year. They have a good squad, its not only Sakho and Hoarau

Oh my god, I can't believe Bastos missed the peno, and Marseille winning this game away at Lille! Hazard took his goal well though, great talent! :shocked:
Hazard is just unstoppable, did you see that little turn he did to M'Bami at the end of the game? :shocked: That was a sick piece of skill.

Bastos was poor today, he was absolutely nullified by L'OM's defense, and his missed penalty didnt do him any good either. His freekick in the last minutes was devastating though, not many people can do that Quaresma-esque curve while shooting the ball with that power anymore. The last was Roberto Carlos.

Jul 15, 2006
Hazard is just unstoppable, did you see that little turn he did to M'Bami at the end of the game? :shocked: That was a sick piece of skill.
Yeah,yeah,yeah. :D I expect that to be in the next Viva Futbol! But he played a great game, was their spark player.
Bastos was poor today, he was absolutely nullified by L'OM's defense, and his missed penalty didnt do him any good either. His freekick in the last minutes was devastating though, not many people can do that Quaresma-esque curve while shooting the ball with that power anymore. The last was Roberto Carlos.
Yeah, I know that's called a: 'Trivela' it takes skill indeed, too bad he didn't have his ususal impact on the game, did Bastos.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I've started watching some of the French league, since I work Sunday nights in the pub and there is nothing else to do. :p

Wasn't a bad game last night. Both teams basically playing 4-5-1 meant that they cancelled each other out, especially in the first half, and there wasn't much space in midfield. The officiating was poor.

That's the second Marseille game I've seen recently and Civelli has impressed me on both occasions.

Is he any good Fred or have I just seen him on a couple of good days?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I've started watching some of the French league, since I work Sunday nights in the pub and there is nothing else to do. :p

Wasn't a bad game last night. Both teams basically playing 4-5-1 meant that they cancelled each other out, especially in the first half, and there wasn't much space in midfield. The officiating was poor.

That's the second Marseille game I've seen recently and Civelli has impressed me on both occasions.

Is he any good Fred or have I just seen him on a couple of good days?
Civelli? :lol:

No man, you just caught him in his best days, the only reason he's playing is because of Marseille's injuries in defense. They have a couple of players missing and they sold Givet to Blackburn so they had no other choice but to play him.

Normally he's just average, but lately the whole Marseille team cancelled each other out.

btw, Marseille played a 4-4-2 diamond yesterday, i missed the first 30 minutes of the game but i'm pretty sure they played a 4-4-2 diamond for the whole game. It looked like this starting from midfield

-------------------M'Bami-------------

-----------Ziani--------------Cheyrou

---------------------Valbuena

----------------Brandao-----Niang

Niang moved a lot to the left wing yesterday, because they were missing width with Taiwo missing and Zubar not offering any attacking threat. Ziani, in turn moved to the right to add some balance to the team whenever Niang moved left. It might have looked at times like a 4-5-1, but it was really a 4-4-2 diamond.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I always wonder with CBs, because it is always possible for a mediocre one to have a game or two where they just happen to be in the place at the right time a few times and end up looking good.

I read it as more of a 4-2-3-1, but I felt Niang was basically playing LW, rather than as a forward.

He did push forward more in the second half, though.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I always wonder with CBs, because it is always possible for a mediocre one to have a game or two where they just happen to be in the place at the right time a few times and end up looking good.

I read it as more of a 4-2-3-1, but I felt Niang was basically playing LW, rather than as a forward.

He did push forward more in the second half, though.
Yes like i said Niang was moving wide to the left, because of the lack of width provided by Zubar who is a centerback turned leftback because of L'OM's injuries, naturally that meant Zubar did not offer much width which forced Niang to move out wide to the left, which in turn made Ziani push to the right to offer balance. But it was primarily a 4-4-2 diamond.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
No, but he's had a couple of fallouts with Gerets, so he has been in and out of the team. They've made their peace now, but Gerets still doesn't depend on him as a starter, he mostly starts on the bench. He played in the last 20 minutes or so in the game against Lille.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Extremely exciting second half between Marseille and Toulouse. Toulouse got a vital draw that opened things up in the Ligue. Gignac single handedly dismantled L'OM's defense, the way he turned Hilton for the first goal was just sublime. Niang and Brandao have struck an effective partnership though, combining together for both goals.

If Bordeaux win tomorrow they will be on equal points with Marseille, if PSG win it will mean Lyon are in 4th place. There is a very big chance that Lyon don't qualify for next years CL.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Extremely exciting second half between Marseille and Toulouse. Toulouse got a vital draw that opened things up in the Ligue. Gignac single handedly dismantled L'OM's defense, the way he turned Hilton for the first goal was just sublime. Niang and Brandao have struck an effective partnership though, combining together for both goals.

If Bordeaux win tomorrow they will be on equal points with Marseille, if PSG win it will mean Lyon are in 4th place. There is a very big chance that Lyon don't qualify for next years CL.
Lyon not qualifying for the CL means good players for cheap prices. I'd really love it if we can get Benzema.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
As hard as it is to believe though, Boumsong has been their best defender and one of the only players to come out of this season with any credit. :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Obertan is a talented player, very good with the ball at his feet, really good dribbler. But he's still too raw and lacks end product, anything can happen with these kind of players as it all depends on his development in the end. But my personal opinion, he's just a fancy player, i don't expect a big future for him. Best he can do imo, is play for a big team in France or a Uefa cup team in England.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007

Well, Bordeaux won, hopefully Lyon will take points of Marseille. Y.Gourcuff ftw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)