Forum talks (1 Viewer)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Actually is talking about the issues that made me give up on this forum and stop posting for like 5-6 years, hehe.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Looking back at this thread, it makes me realize just how much I miss some of the older members, such as Aca, Ivy, Sunhsine, Josh, Nick, Rover, Anders, et al.......................

I saw my name in the first few posts, and at first I didn't realize how old this thread was. I was thinking "What the hell happened now???" I think that was the "Ancellotti Incident."

And I realized that Zlatan and I have seriously drifted apart. What happened to us, little bro'???

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
thats why i "revived" this thread
Yeah but everyone seems to be proud of it. You accuse this thread of being unfriendly and you'll probably get the response "welcome to juventuz :)" which is stupid.
That guy who started the "fitness" thread for example. I mean, it was probably an unnecessary thread but its not like he was a complete douchebag. I don't think flaming the bejesus out of him was justified.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
i know

i hope you don't consider me to be one of those negative vibe members because i admittedly enjoy being here and enjoy the majority of the members company here.

personally i don't take things too seriously around here kinda like the internet as a whole. thats why i found this post to be a historical benchmark in terms of how things haven't really changed from 6 years ago to now. the climate of the forums has always seemed consistently negative even when i joined.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Nah I don't really think its anyone in particular. Its just a general inclination to put people down sometimes by the majority of the forum and that includes some mods.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
Lynching you mean? It's been like that for ages, actually it's the same members do that all the time, or at least there are two or three of them.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
i admittedly enjoy being here and enjoy the majority of the members company here.
I do too, but this issue stands still. People are unnecessary taunting new members and keeping them away from the site, even moderators who should be helpful and friendly do that too. Once you get to know everyone you get to love this site but if you're different or maybe normal (and there are too many of those) you stop posting after 1 day. Many members have stopped posting because of the unfriendly community or because of the bashing x members gets. Some resisted but many left.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Increasing member numbers is certainly and good idea, but we have to be sure it's the right kind of member, I mean for fucks sake you let me slip through the net :D.

That guy asking about fitness, look at the first reply, from me,

All Italian teams are unfit, they're designed to play for 90mins not 120mins like La Liga etc.

NOTHING is more important than a new CB

That's a genuine response to his questions, it may not be polite but it was an answer. We should be nice to new members yes, but we should also expect them to understand that first and foremost that if you mix football with the internet a lot of ridicule will fly around and also that you have to contribute to recieve.
My first post, i think, was an introduction and a plea for information about calciopoli. This guy never introduced himself and delved right in...

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Well said Douschan. Especially scaring away posters part, it was exactly the kind of stuff that made me never get into this site years and years ago.

Nah I don't really think its anyone in particular. Its just a general inclination to put people down sometimes by the majority of the forum and that includes some mods.
Hehe, I remember questionning this alot when I was "new" (re-started posting), thinking it was too much how pretty much vulture like behaviour new posters face just for getting on in the wrong foot with some veteran. In general, for someone not used to it, was pretty ridicolously petty behaviour (latest victim was that Juve Big Fans dude, serious retarded stuff towards him). But then I just got used to it, however silly it is :p

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Increasing member numbers is certainly and good idea, but we have to be sure it's the right kind of member, I mean for fucks sake you let me slip through the net :D.

That guy asking about fitness, look at the first reply, from me,

All Italian teams are unfit, they're designed to play for 90mins not 120mins like La Liga etc.

NOTHING is more important than a new CB
We shouldn't really choose, if a certain member acts moronic he will get himself a quick and a long ban, that kind of people are easily noticed but it's wrong to attack newcomers just like that. If you think it's a pointless thread say it but don't scare them away with no reason (I'm not pointing my finger to your first post anyway) and it's not just that thread but it's always like that. They are looking for fun which will they hardly get when they log-in after a couple of hours and see 2 pages of his name being dragged through the dust without any good reason, well, one out of 20 members stays here.

Well said Douschan. Especially scaring away posters part, it was exactly the kind of stuff that made me never get into this site years and years ago.
Yeah well it's a bad habit, it's funny and everything but many times it's undeserved bashing that makes them go away. As I said, 1 out of 20 stays here and he has 50% to be making fun of until he goes away on his own, being mad and bashing this site all over the place, rightfully so sometimes. I'm not saying he's some very good member but this is a forum and if people like it this way they should make it a limited site.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
So report it when members are picking on newcomers. Whatever about a mod posting something daft without thinking, they'll usually settle things down if they get a complaint. How big of a problem is it though?

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
i agree. new members are deferred to mistreatment and disrespect just for being new. is there anyway to run any kind of metrics to determine how many new members/month or quarter and then correlate that to retention rate in terms of consistent active posting?

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Mods should be the ones with common sense. Is it a big problem? Well, it kind of is.
Yes, they should. Some do, some don't. Reporting the bad ones' abuse of newbies lets the rest of us sit on them.

i agree. new members are deferred to mistreatment and disrespect just for being new. is there anyway to run any kind of metrics to determine how many new members/month or quarter and then correlate that to retention rate in terms of consistent active posting?
Possibly. Marty would have to set it up though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)