Forum Bugs & Suggestions (7 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
GDPR compliancy is only required for EU members but perhaps you're asking on behalf of others :)

I did research about GDPR and getting the site compliant beforehand and found out that the forum software (vBulletin 4.x) is end of life and is getting no more updates or additions (apart from security patches) so it can't be done through a software update, it would need to be custom coded. We do of course collect information, otherwise the forum would be impossible to run.

One solution would be to add a custom field when registering an account and if you do not agree with the collection of data (such as storage of username, e-mail address, ip address etc) you cannot register because those are needed for the forum to function. If you no longer agree, contact us and all your information (account) and posts will be deleted. We do not store any information for any other reason than for forum functions and do not share or sell the information to any third party. I don't have any time to do any code changes or changes to the privacy policy today but will fix ASAP.
Oh not for me man. Was just curious because of all the anticipated new fans & trolls. GDPR sucks

OP
Marty

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #985
    Testing new database server...

OK seems to be working, more updates on this later. Lost a couple of posts because of the migration didn't go perfectly at first.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
    OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #987
    some weird things happening @Marty

-posts disapeared
    -when i click on the number of a post (like #985 in your post above), it redirected me to the 1st page
    -when i clicked on this button
    in a quoted post, it says invalid link, no thread

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.juventuz.com/threads/43439-Summer-Mercato-Thread-2018?p=5805023&viewfull=1#post5805023

the post from Fr3sh i quoted is gone
    Yes about 15 minutes worth of posts were lost, I don't feel like doing another 6 GB backup and transfer and import for those few posts :)

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #988
    Anyway, let me know if you find any bugs due to the database move and I'll see if I can recreate the error.

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    <iframe src="http://www.tablesleague.com/iframe?width=355&height=525&font_name=Verdana&position=1&font_size=12&team_link=1&link_color=404040&games=1&wins=1&draws=1&lost=1&goals=0&goals_against=0&gd=0&points=1&next=1&form=1&font_size=12&font_color=000000&bg_color=FFFFFF&header_font_color=FFFFFF&header_bg_color=0327b7&bg_col=1fb9e4&font_color_col=FFFFFF&highlight=e3e3e3&hover=fff6bf&league_header=1&league=l_474&team=2791&timezone=-4&language=2&team_flags=0" width="355" height=525 frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

could be used as the new Serie A table. You can change the width or height.

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #993
    <iframe src="http://www.tablesleague.com/iframe?width=355&height=525&font_name=Verdana&position=1&font_size=12&team_link=1&link_color=404040&games=1&wins=1&draws=1&lost=1&goals=0&goals_against=0&gd=0&points=1&next=1&form=1&font_size=12&font_color=000000&bg_color=FFFFFF&header_font_color=FFFFFF&header_bg_color=0327b7&bg_col=1fb9e4&font_color_col=FFFFFF&highlight=e3e3e3&hover=fff6bf&league_header=1&league=l_474&team=2791&timezone=-4&language=2&team_flags=0" width="355" height=525 frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

could be used as the new Serie A table. You can change the width or height.
    Cool will see if I can get it added in the morning :)

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #996
    For the past couple of days I've been working on setting up a couple of new dedicated servers. The new setup means we now have a separate server just for this site, earlier we've shared it with many other sites.

The hardware is similar to the old server except I've settled on 32 GB RAM instead of 64 GB to keep costs down a bit but it's more than plenty anyway. The new server also has a newer Linux dist and newer software versions.

Technically you're now using both the old and the new server as the database is already stored on the new server, while it will take a while before you fully connect to the new server (only).

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    For the past couple of days I've been working on setting up a couple of new dedicated servers. The new setup means we now have a separate server just for this site, earlier we've shared it with many other sites.

The hardware is similar to the old server except I've settled on 32 GB RAM instead of 64 GB to keep costs down a bit but it's more than plenty anyway. The new server also has a newer Linux dist and newer software versions.

Technically you're now using both the old and the new server as the database is already stored on the new server, while it will take a while before you fully connect to the new server (only).
    Idle thought, but have you thought of using cloudflare for nameservers? They offer it for free and you get some nifty stats with it too.

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #998
    Idle thought, but have you thought of using cloudflare for nameservers? They offer it for free and you get some nifty stats with it too.
    Yeah I have looked at it a bit, might give it a try later :)

EDIT: Backing up data in case someone is wondering why it's a bit slow at the moment.

Hust

Hustini
    May 29, 2005
    @Marty - is this new?

- - - Updated - - -

"Posted via Mobile Device"?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Marty...another question...the forums version of vBulletin is a bit old, do you plan on updating anytime soon? Is there a way you can conceal the version we run on? Quick search shows a few serious injection vulnerabilities. :hustini:

luv u

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)