Forum Bugs & Suggestions (19 Viewers)

OP
Marty

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #429
    Some more information on this. Someone (a hacker wanting to make some money I assume) managed to change a template to include a bit of code that should not be there, it was some sort of survey you needed to complete in order to view the site. The template was changed at 23.06 and reverted at 01.11 so it was there for about 2 hours.

I'm not 100% sure how the template was changed but looking at the logs I have a good idea.

Just FYI. There will never be any ads or surveys or anything like that for members on this site (probably never for guests either, certainly not any surveys)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
    Jun 17, 2011
    Downloaded it and tried it, that formatting is horrible :p

- - - Updated - - -

Some more information on this. Someone (a hacker wanting to make some money I assume) managed to change a template to include a bit of code that should not be there, it was some sort of survey you needed to complete in order to view the site. The template was changed at 23.06 and reverted at 01.11 so it was there for about 2 hours.

I'm not 100% sure how the template was changed but looking at the logs I have a good idea.

Just FYI. There will never be any ads or surveys or anything like that for members on this site (probably never for guests either, certainly not any surveys)
    So you're never going to ask us which type of M&M we prefer for a $1,500 CVS gift card? :(

OP
    Marty

Marty

tuz
    Administrator
    Jul 2, 2005
  • Thread Starter #432
    Two-factor authentication

Due to the recent template hack we've added a two-factor authentication to the site to increase security. You enable two-factor from your User CP:

http://www.juventuz.com/profile.php?do=twofactor

If you've used two-factor for other sites you know what it is. If not well you install the Google Authenticator app on your phone and follow the instructions. Let me know if you have questions and we'll help you out. :)

It uses a DB for trusted IP addresses so you'll only be bothered to enter a code if the IP isn't known (like connecting from 3G/4G for example)

(It's of course optional to use it but it's recommended.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)

• Alin