Forum Bugs & Suggestions (17 Viewers)

Should we have a private forum with post restrictions (minimum posts to view)?

• Yes please

• No thanks

• No, but setup a private forum for members

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
I wonder what could have caused this virus report, the only thing we have installed is a standard vBulletin with few minor tweaks. I've never seen any virus warning though. I've run malware detect tools on the server and have found nothing.

As for the downtime, I have explained it in the other thread, it shouldn't happen again (hey, don't jinx it :p)

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #854
    When trying to open "who's online" it gives database error.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Just ran the Google tools thing and it told me that Google hadn't detected any trojans or exploits. Hmm...
    FWIW, I just saw the gooqlepics.com Javascript injection for the first time on Chrome and Firefox on a Mac. Looks like some Javascript includes from their nasty domains is still ending up on our Forum page from the top left nav.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    My system definitely did get infected and I'm fairly confident that it was from this site. I had pop-ups in Russian and a voice speaking to me in Russian that stopped as soon as I closed this site. While these problems were occuring, every time I visited this site Chrome asked me if I wanted to translate to Russian. So I'm pretty certain that there was a real a virus spreading through this site and that its all the Russians fault.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    My system definitely did get infected and I'm fairly confident that it was from this site. I had pop-ups in Russian and a voice speaking to me in Russian that stopped as soon as I closed this site. While these problems were occuring, every time I visited this site Chrome asked me if I wanted to translate to Russian. So I'm pretty certain that there was a real a virus spreading through this site and that its all the Russians fault.
    As a Chrome user on a Mac, suddenly I discovered the NotScript extension. :agree:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)