Formula One 2012 (7 Viewers)

CaesarCod

Mar 13, 2008
Except that it's true. It showed even more last season where Red Bull obviously had the MUCH better car and yet Alonso continually got 2-3 seconds per lap more than what the car was supposed to do.
2-3 seconds? You cannot be serious.

I wont deny it. Alonso is probably the best driver in the field at the moment but you really are underestimating Vettel and overestimating Alonso - 2-3 seconds...hilarious.

Bottom line. Alonso's mediocre team mate makes him look even more better then he actually is.

Vettel didn't even have the fastest car for half a season and if he didn't have mechanical failures would be destroying Alonso right now.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Complete Bullshit.
2-3 seconds? You cannot be serious.

I wont deny it. Alonso is probably the best driver in the field at the moment but you really are underestimating Vettel and overestimating Alonso - 2-3 seconds...hilarious.

Bottom line. Alonso's mediocre team mate makes him look even more better then he actually is.

Vettel didn't even have the fastest car for half a season and if he didn't have mechanical failures would be destroying Alonso right now.
Massa is mediocre, but he's far from as bad as people make him out to be. Bottom line is that Alonso gridding in the top 3 consistently and Massa starting every race from 8th or further down last season really emphasized what shit car Alonso had and that he did pull out 2-3 seconds more than it should. Those aren't even my words, I just agree with them. Tim Kristensen said it, his word has to count for something.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I have no idea, Massa is such a meh driver. I'd rather have Maldonado or Di Resta as a second fiddle to Alonso. I'm loving Maldonado a whole lot, actually.
Maldonado although talented is a crazy driver (much like Grosjean). Think they need to calm down before he will get a move to a big team.

I like Di Resta but think Hulkenberg could be marginally better. I think Vergne and Ricciardo would be a good choice for a middle team like Force India should either leave.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Maldonado although talented is a crazy driver (much like Grosjean). Think they need to calm down before he will get a move to a big team.

I like Di Resta but think Hulkenberg could be marginally better. I think Vergne and Ricciardo would be a good choice for a middle team like Force India should either leave.
I like some of that madness in a driver. I'd rather watch Maldonado drive a car than Weber or Buton, the dreary assholes.

- - - Updated - - -

Petrov looked good for a bit of last season, I wonder what happened to him.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Lewis Hamilton, no doubt.

Felipe Massa, prior to his accident, was quality too.
He needs to learn how to look in his mirrors, make better decisions and to manage his tyres before being the best driver. He was incredibly lucky to win his championship in a season with little competition and only won because Timo Glock went off in the final lap in the final race.

I would put Kimi, Alonso, Vettel and Button ahead of him.

For me Alonso is the best driver, Schumi even says so :D

- - - Updated - - -

I like some of that madness in a driver. I'd rather watch Maldonado drive a car than Weber or Buton, the dreary assholes.

- - - Updated - - -

Petrov looked good for a bit of last season, I wonder what happened to him.
True it does make them more exciting to watch, I just can't see a big team taking a risk on such a driver.

May 22, 2007
Seems like Boksic summed up most reasons, although I disagree about Button being better and I don't think Kimi is back to his best so that's also debatable. The two challenging for the drivers title fairly represent the best drivers, with Lewis slightly behind them.

I really don't like Maldonado, he's a bit of an idiot.

Look at who tested the Williams F1 car earlier this week.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I don't get the dissing on Vettel. Since going to Red Bull, he's 2/3 going on 3/4 and the only reason he doesn't have a perfect record is because in his first season his car fucked him over. And he still got second. So yea, I think he's the best driver right now. No doubt about it.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I don't get the dissing on Vettel. Since going to Red Bull, he's 2/3 going on 3/4 and the only reason he doesn't have a perfect record is because in his first season his car fucked him over. And he still got second. So yea, I think he's the best driver right now. No doubt about it.
No one is dissing Vettel. He's a huge talent. But the fact remains that in the 2 seasons he won, his car was so much better than anything else in the grid. There was even the big bust up between him and Weber. That weekend they both got a new front wing, Vettel crashed his during training and now he had no front wing. The bastards took off Webers front wing, installed it on Vettels 2nd car and fitted Weber with an old one. In the best team in the world, receiving that kind of special attention and packing the talent he has there was not really competition. Alonso for me is just on a whole other level compared to the rest of the currently active guys. What he did in that Ferrari the past few seasons is nothing short of spectacular.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Well, Schumacher did the same to Barrichello and so on. That's how teams work even though they don't want to admit it.

CaesarCod

Mar 13, 2008
No one is dissing Vettel. He's a huge talent. But the fact remains that in the 2 seasons he won, his car was so much better than anything else in the grid. There was even the big bust up between him and Weber. That weekend they both got a new front wing, Vettel crashed his during training and now he had no front wing. The bastards took off Webers front wing, installed it on Vettels 2nd car and fitted Weber with an old one. In the best team in the world, receiving that kind of special attention and packing the talent he has there was not really competition. Alonso for me is just on a whole other level compared to the rest of the currently active guys. What he did in that Ferrari the past few seasons is nothing short of spectacular.
"Felipe, Fernando is faster than you..."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_German_Grand_Prix

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
What burn? Are you comparing this to the actual physical act of removing hardware from Webers car to put it on Vettels, and then putting old hardware on Weber? Alonso was obviously faster than Massa in this race, it was blatant. He was holding him back and a team order at that point is fine - what Red Bull did isn't.
Oh and you also haven't adressed the fact that Vettel was in a far superior car since he started winning,

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
What burn? Are you comparing this to the actual physical act of removing hardware from Webers car to put it on Vettels, and then putting old hardware on Weber? Alonso was obviously faster than Massa in this race, it was blatant. He was holding him back and a team order at that point is fine - what Red Bull did isn't.
Oh and you also haven't adressed the fact that Vettel was in a far superior car since he started winning,
How is this different? They told him to let Alonso pass. Who cares if he was faster? If you wanna be first you have to overtake the guy. How do you not see that? In that case, why don't they just give the title to the guy with the fastest qualifying lap?

And the cars aren't that different. Vettel's car would always give him problems and he'd still win. That's how good he is.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
How is this different? They told him to let Alonso pass. Who cares if he was faster? If you wanna be first you have to overtake the guy. How do you not see that? In that case, why don't they just give the title to the guy with the fastest qualifying lap?

And the cars aren't that different. Vettel's car would always give him problems and he'd still win. That's how good he is.
It's your word against countless of experts who all agree that the Red Bull car was basically in a league of it's own the past two seasons. The only thing it was no superior in was top speed which McLaren had. You're just stubborn.

FYI Ferrari wasn't even deemed second best, they were outside the top 3 cars the last two seasons, only did they inch their way in this season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)