• No I'm not, I would change my job

• Anything that gives me bread and beer works for me

• I'm not working yet, looking for one

• I am satisfied but still want to change

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
A friend of mine does rig work, rig manager, £78,000. Some of the stories he's told me put me right off.

Plus I'd probably kill someone, or get killed.

But look at this way, CORVETTE, you'll have half your life and will appreciate it more then. It's extremely pro-con.

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
I know , That's why I spend like crazy when I am off , because I got shifts like working for 20 days and get 10 days off .
So I feel like I am in a mission , how to spend all the money in ten days .
I want to save some money , but I just can't , I say , hey I am off , I should enjoy myself , it's enough what I've missed while I was working the past 20 days .
What kind of job is it man? :)

CORVETTE

Malato di Juve , , 29
Oct 13, 2005
A friend of mine does rig work, rig manager, £78,000. Some of the stories he's told me put me right off.

Plus I'd probably kill someone, or get killed.

But look at this way, CORVETTE, you'll have half your life and will appreciate it more then. It's extremely pro-con.
It's tough work , yeah , sucide cases happened to tell you the truth and some other major work injuries too .
And you are right about appreciating the life when you get few days to enjoy and share with the people you love , I swear when I am off , ten days feel like 1 minute , because you feel like you have so much things to do only in ten days .

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Do I like my current job? Yes. When I started at this place I thought the pay was fair but now that I'm married I somehow feel like I should be earning more. But when you look at it from a different angle and how flexible it is for me to spend time with my wife and juggle between both our families and the fact that I can work from home almost whenever I want, the difference in pay makes up for it. I'd probably stick here for a couple more years and maybe start something on my own. I don't think I have the patience to survive in this industry for long.

Kate

Feb 7, 2011
Mine is a bit of a difficult one. The only reason I am currently satisfied with my job is that it gives me the benefit of working towards my MA for free. If I did not have this perk, then I certainly would not be satisfied at all. It never really requires me to think too hard, there's no creativity, and there's nowhere to move up. I am the youngest person in this job in the building, swiftly followed by my colleague who is also not satisfied. Everyone else is pretty much 40+ women who have been doing this for 20+ years and with no designs on changing.

On the other hand, I love my colleagues, the times are flexible, I get to use my languages and I am never really overworked. And I often get to drink on the job. So it works for now, but I wouldn't call it satisfaction.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I'm so unlucky to have graduated in this economy. Worked a part time job for a year at a University, i've been unemployed for 3 months now, looking for a job, but all i'm getting is low paying ones. 3 years ago this place was the country of opportunities, the situation is terrible now. Used to like my old job, not bad pay for a part time job, it was a 3 minute walk from my home and it was quite fun.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
I'm so unlucky to have graduated in this economy. Worked a part time job for a year at a University, i've been unemployed for 3 months now, looking for a job, but all i'm getting is low paying ones. 3 years ago this place was the country of opportunities, the situation is terrible now. Used to like my old job, not bad pay for a part time job, it was a 3 minute walk from my home and it was quite fun.
Exactly my current situation :depressed:

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I love my job. It has it's difficulties, but no job can be perfect. Money wise, it ain't so bad neither, plus all my best friends work there. I also got a free HD Netbox, free 100Mbps, free telephony and free €100 / month mobile usage.

I don't even think about changing jobs right now.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I joined this forum when I started working after graduating so most of you guys know my career path and the pains that have come along with it.

I've been consulting for 6 years now and my current job is the only place that I've been happy. I get paid good and like what I do and where I do it.

At the end of the day work is work but I am grateful to say that I am content for the time being.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I like the job I have at the moment. Unfortunately it is never going to be permanent. I would stay if I was paid as a full time worker without a doubt. Right now I'm cut back to part time. It's not too bad, less money, but more time for job hunting, info interviews, etc.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'm going through something of a slight career transition myself. I've been doing a similar thing at a number of start-up companies for years, and the jobs have been good. The finances have been unpredictable, however. Meaning my pay has been good, but whether the company stays in business or can keep justifying my salary has been a more difficult question. Particularly in the last few years.

In the last few months where I've done quite a bit of interviewing, I've been given the opportunity to do more of the same. But I'm starting to think that's not good enough anymore ... at least to keep me interested to where I don't feel I'm doing the same job over and over again regardless of how much they pay me. So I'm doing something different this time around... taking less of a primarily technical role for more a general business role, and transitioning almost entirely from product-and-service development companies to one focused around consulting.

In the nearer term, I am taking something of a pay cut. But I won't exactly be hurting. The upside is I stand to learn a lot and, should things go well, perhaps earn even more than I had been in the future. And developing more business skills than mostly technical ones, I hope that provides me with more options and autonomy for what I would want to do in the future.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
Went for the last option.

Fairly satisfied for the moment, but still looking around, occasionally going on interviews etc.

The only thing that really bothers me about the current job, is the time I spend/lose in traffic. Other than that, it's fine. I get along quite well with most of my colleagues, there's enough variety to keep me "entertained", not too much pressure (then again, I'm pretty much immune to stress anyway :D), decent amount of holidays, ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)