Football Manager 5 (merge) (3 Viewers)

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

I finally quit my game with Fiorentina in 2017. :D

I started a new game with Atletic Madrid. Things dont look good at all after getting knocked out from the EURO Vase round 3 against GLORIA!!!

I bought Vanden Borre, Delgado, Fawcet, Legrottaglie, and Mokeona(sp).

The shitty thing about Spanish league is that you can only register 25 players for the league and cant choose more than 3 non-Eu players per game.

I lost my first two games to Zaragoza and Barcelona in the league. Hopefully things will take a turn.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++

I finally quit my game with Fiorentina in 2017. :D

I started a new game with Atletic Madrid. Things dont look good at all after getting knocked out from the EURO Vase round 3 against GLORIA!!!

I bought Vanden Borre, Delgado, Fawcet, Legrottaglie, and Mokeona(sp).

The shitty thing about Spanish league is that you can only register 25 players for the league and cant choose more than 3 non-Eu players per game.

I lost my first two games to Zaragoza and Barcelona in the league. Hopefully things will take a turn.
Register the others in the B team, then promote them to the A team,.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Want to test all things Football Manager 2006? Here is your chance to put your name forward for arguably the greatest job in the world

Starting late June, early July we're going to get the ball rolling and we want you, the FM fans to help us. Before you start bombarding us with emails you should be aware of the following:-

* Applicants must be aged 16 or over and must live in the South East of England
* This is an in house offer only. ALL applicants must be able to commute daily (10am - 6pm) to SI Towers in Islington, London (this is the ONLY place testing will be carried out from).
* Applicants should have a competant level of computer experience. We would love to hear from more Mac users!

If you feel you meet the criteria, you must send your CV and a covering letter to Joe O'Reilly at [email protected]

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I've started a game with Villarreal but I'm struggling to find the right tactic. I've only played friendlies so far but all of them have ended in defeat bar one game despite me having a decent looking squad.

I sold Jose Mari to Barca for 7m and bought the following players: Ernest Faber (free), Freddy Guarin (1.4), Andy van der Meyde (6m), Vasilis Tsiartas (free), and Niko Kranjcar (3.8). I have Naldo joining in January but I'm thinking about another centre back for now.

Geof

May 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
I've started a game with Villarreal but I'm struggling to find the right tactic. I've only played friendlies so far but all of them have ended in defeat bar one game despite me having a decent looking squad.

I sold Jose Mari to Barca for 7m and bought the following players: Ernest Faber (free), Freddy Guarin (1.4), Andy van der Meyde (6m), Vasilis Tsiartas (free), and Niko Kranjcar (3.8). I have Naldo joining in January but I'm thinking about another centre back for now.
Try Nigel de Jong from Ajax he's great!

Geof

May 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
He looks good and he's versatile too. How much do you think he'd cost?
If I remember well I got him for 6.5M Euro.

teh good thing as you said is that he can play everywhere in defence. and his quite professional, never had any trouble with him. Unlike Cassano...:D

btw, how are Van der Meyde and Kranjcar doing? they're coming on a free in June in my team.

it's incredible how easily players are going on free transfer.

Totti refused to sign a new contract, and was without a club for like 3 weeks! I didn't want him, he ended up with Sampdoria :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Van der Meyde's been a tad inconsistent but on the whole pretty good. Kranjcar was average early on but his form is picking up now.

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
In my 5th season with Parma, I signed Cassano on a free, but then left before he arrived.

He didn't play any games between Sept 2009 and January 2010, but it took him until March to actually make a fuss. I couldn't believe it. Very un-Cassano like behaviour.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,376
    I'm at the start of my second season with Juve, and this is my team:

GKs: Buffon, De Scantis

FB: Evra, Khaladze, Pessotto, Zambrotta

CB: Terry, Hubschman, Heitinga, Bonera, Ferrara

WN: Kapo, Nedved, Olivera, Camoranesi, Gasbaronni

CM: Baptista, maresca, Gerrard, Mascherano, Guarin

ST: Zlatan, Trezeguet, Tevez, Gilardino, Misimović

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I'm no longer playing my Villarreal game, I decided to start one with Newcastle.

I'm about halfway through my first season. We're 3rd behind Arsenal (they're running away with it) and Chelsea (I have a game in hand on them and can move into second if I win that game) in the Premiership and still alive in the FA Cup and Uefa Cup. We went out to Plymouth in the league cup but I didn't really care.

I made the following changes:

OUT: Harper (750k to Portsmouth), Dyer (1m to Man City), Ameobi (3m to Crystal Palace)

IN: Kompany (7m from Anderlecht), Sneijder (10.5m from Ajax), Downing (loan), Tevez (11m)

Downing will join the club permanently as of next season and Cavenaghi is coming in for the 05-06 season too. I'll try to get Dede and either Tudor or Biscan on frees.

Atm the team looks like this:

Given (Caig)
    Carr (Hughes) Kompany (Taylor) O'Brien (Bramble) Bernard (Elliott)
    Butt (Kompany)
    Bowyer (Milner) Sneijder (Jenas) Downing (Robert/Ambrose)
    Kluivert (Shearer) Tevez (Bellamy)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)