Football Manager 5 (merge) (23 Viewers)

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++

I finally quit my game with Fiorentina in 2017. :D

I started a new game with Atletic Madrid. Things dont look good at all after getting knocked out from the EURO Vase round 3 against GLORIA!!!

I bought Vanden Borre, Delgado, Fawcet, Legrottaglie, and Mokeona(sp).

The shitty thing about Spanish league is that you can only register 25 players for the league and cant choose more than 3 non-Eu players per game.

I lost my first two games to Zaragoza and Barcelona in the league. Hopefully things will take a turn.
2017???? you are sick :scared:

Romano

May 22, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
I'm at the start of my first Juve season, and have bought the following players:

Heitinga
Salihamidžić
Mascherano
Guarin
Gasbaronni (back from loan)
Hleb
Delgado
Pizzaro
:p

who did you sold?
I allways love to play the first season with the standard team... no changes...
as for you my friend, you should try also Mokoena and Medina
both REALY good players...
Medina's stats are low I know it but he plays very good and is a great sub can easely replace kapo... (kapo is sub at my games)

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,404
    ++ [ originally posted by Romano ] ++

:p

who did you sold?
    I allways love to play the first season with the standard team... no changes...
    as for you my friend, you should try also Mokoena and Medina
    both REALY good players...
    Medina's stats are low I know it but he plays very good and is a great sub can easely replace kapo... (kapo is sub at my games)

Yeah, I usually don't buy anyone in the first season either, but I wanted to strenghten the team now.

I sold Legro, Biri, Paolo, Tacchi, Appiah, Blasi and Zalayeta.

/usr/bin

Excellent
    Mar 6, 2005
    You know who the biggest surprise for me in my juve games? Appiah.. Put that man on the left or right hand side of a 3 man midfield consisting of 3 MCs, and give him some creative freedom, and see what he'll do.. He already pushed Emerson out of my first team, and my midfield looks like this:

-----------------Nedved--------------------
    ----<--Kapo---Julio Baptista---Appiah->
    I sold emerson to milan for 30 mil.. :D

Yezkimov

Jul 5, 2005
    --------------Mutu--------------Cavenaghi------

Kapo---D'alessandro----Ballack---Schweinsteiger

Lahm-------Chivu---------Samuel-----Miguel

------------------Weidenfeller--------------------------

if i be having this game, this is who i might get, da?

/usr/bin

Excellent
    Mar 6, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Yezkimov ] ++
    --------------Mutu--------------Cavenaghi------

Kapo---D'alessandro----Ballack---Schweinsteiger

Lahm-------Chivu---------Samuel-----Miguel

------------------Weidenfeller--------------------------

if i be having this game, this is who i might get, da?
    Hmm.. not bad, but I think it might be a bit too offensive, no? The opposition would rip through your central midfield, unless you massively restrict ballack and d'allesandro from doing their thing, and that would be a waste IMO.. A true DM should be in the place of one of them, and make sure the fullbacks don't attack too much, cuz this game goes crazy over the flanks.. but otherwise, great team..
    (dunno 'bout Weidenfeller though.. never checked him out) :thumb:

/usr/bin

Excellent
    Mar 6, 2005
    It is my current team with Bayern, it is pretty good.

I have Xabi Alonso too, it depends on who i want to start, depending on who i am am playing against.
    Xabi would be perfect alongside Ballack.. or D'allessandro.. he has the attack and defence capabilities to be in the center of midfield.. And the fullbacks, they're fine as long as they're not gung-ho about running forward..

It must be a good formation though, and this simply won't show the full formation and its potential.. ;)

Ever thought of getting Julio Baptista as a different option than Ballack?

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,410
    I have Hleb, he's wicked.

Claudio Pizzaro is a solid attacker too, can get him for just 16.5 mil €. He's my vice-Trezeguet.

/usr/bin

Excellent
    Mar 6, 2005
    If you guys are looking for a cheap forward/striker, search for:
    -Rodrigo Mendes (plays for al ain, can get him for 2.5-3.2 mil pounds tops)
    -cacau: Stuttgart I think.. I got him for 5 mil in my first season, and he was pretty good..

Both are Brazilian..

Yezkimov

Jul 5, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by BAH_Bianconero ] ++

Xabi would be perfect alongside Ballack.. or D'allessandro.. he has the attack and defence capabilities to be in the center of midfield.. And the fullbacks, they're fine as long as they're not gung-ho about running forward..

It must be a good formation though, and this simply won't show the full formation and its potential.. ;)

Ever thought of getting Julio Baptista as a different option than Ballack?
    Baptista?

Try Aquilani from Roma, that kid is SICK!

I did sell Pizarro, to chelsea for 27 mil E plus Mutu, had to take it, and Santa Cruz to Arsenal for 25 M E.

I have Podolski and Adu as my other strikers

Yezkimov

Jul 5, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    I have Hleb, he's wicked.

Claudio Pizzaro is a solid attacker too, can get him for just 16.5 mil €. He's my vice-Trezeguet.
    I was thinking of getting Hleb, but i wanted someone a little younger since I am in my 4th season.

I am trying to get Frey on a free next year.

Is that Mikel guy Nicole keeps talking about on here?

OHH, and Schweinsteiger is SICK, also look for Juan De la Cruz from Mexican club Atlas.

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by BAH_Bianconero ] ++
    You know who the biggest surprise for me in my juve games? Appiah.. Put that man on the left or right hand side of a 3 man midfield consisting of 3 MCs, and give him some creative freedom, and see what he'll do.. He already pushed Emerson out of my first team, and my midfield looks like this:

-----------------Nedved--------------------
    ----<--Kapo---Julio Baptista---Appiah->
    I sold emerson to milan for 30 mil.. :D

Nedved as a DM?

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002

Baptista?

Try Aquilani from Roma, that kid is SICK!

I did sell Pizarro, to chelsea for 27 mil E plus Mutu, had to take it, and Santa Cruz to Arsenal for 25 M E.

I have Podolski and Adu as my other strikers
    Padolski/Podolski is the Shit :thumb:

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
    I have problems with DP in the first season.I hear many people to say he is great in the first season and he scores 25-30 goals.Ever time I play with Juve in the first season he score 14-15 goals the most.

/usr/bin

Excellent
    Mar 6, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by tassard ] ++
    I have problems with DP in the first season.I hear many people to say he is great in the first season and he scores 25-30 goals.Ever time I play with Juve in the first season he score 14-15 goals the most.
    Same here.. I guess you should put him in a cherry-picking position.. (SC), and not pull him down in the forward position, as an AMC, or even FL, cuz he hasn't got the speed to do it.. Putting nedved behind two strikers would help though..

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I've played two games with Juve, one on 5.0.0 and the other on 5.0.2. In my first season on 5.0.0 DP scored 38 goals and on 5.0.2 he scored 26. Where do you play him?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)