Football Manager 5 (merge) (17 Viewers)

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
This is my first 11, and the formation I planned to use this season, but it hasnt really impressed me in preseason. If you have a good 4-3-1-2 to share I'm waiting.

Anyways, I also have Reina, Maxwell, Pessotto, Guarin, Miguel, Kompany, Mexes, Hubschman, Dowing, Gasbaronni, Olivera, Matuzalem, van der Vaart, Krnjčar, Delgado, Cavenaghi and Gilardino.
Dont you get bored everytime you start a new game (with Juve most of the time), and buy the same players over and over?

I'm in 2015 at the moment, it so much more exciting now than at the first few seasons. Because in 2015, all the players are unknown, and you really have to look for the goods one's everywhere, unlike those already known players you got over and over.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Geof

May 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++

Dont you get bored everytime you start a new game (with Juve most of the time), and buy the same players over and over?

I'm in 2015 at the moment, it so much more exciting now than at the first few seasons. Because in 2015, all the players are unknown, and you really have to look for the goods one's everywhere, unlike those already known players you got over and over.
usually I can't get any further than 2007-8, the game just doesn't load. That was on my old PC.

Now I've changed my whol front line: sold Zlatan, Trez & Crespo. Bought Gilardino Torres and Robinho.

lol

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,283

Yeah, a bit :frown:

Romano

May 22, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    I got 75 mil € of TV money, sold Trez for 35 mil €, Del Piero for 17, Camoranesi for 20, Zambrotta for 26, Buffon for 25, Cannavaro for 5, Tudor for 7, Legro for 6, Maresca for 12, Emeson for 15, van Bommel for 15, Nedved for 8.5... that left me with a transfer budget of around 200 mil €, plus the board gave me an extra 54 milion, and I bought all players over 24 months.
    that just SUCKS
    i just love to play with the players who are now in juve and mostly i buy players juve is linked with (like rosicky/gilardino) i dont realy like to make juve a ****ed up team with spoiled players that just sucks keep it real juve has a OWN kind of players they buy and im doin the same thing its much more fun then having all the world players in 1 team

Valley

Apr 20, 2004

I'm in 2010, with Salernitana so all my players are unknown except for a retiring Duccio Innocenti.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004

Will try it. When do you plan to retire?

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++

Will try it. When do you plan to retire?
    I just won the league and the CL with Fiorentina for the first time. I was managing Parma before joining Fiorentina. I'll stay with them for few more seasons, and then resign and try my luck somewhere in Spain or England.

I'm still young to retire.

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
    Just started my second season. My team:

Cech

Bonera - Terry - Chivu - Zambrotta

Olivera - Gerrard - Pirlo - Kapo

Zlatan - Torres
    How on Earth did you afford all those? I'm thinking John Terry, Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres would cost you over £100m alone. You must have got a hell of a lot from selling Trez and Emerson if you did.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Valley ] ++

How on Earth did you afford all those? I'm thinking John Terry, Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres would cost you over £100m alone. You must have got a hell of a lot from selling Trez and Emerson if you did.

yeah that's right, i got about 100 mil by selling Trez and Emerson. And I also sold Blasi, Legro, Cannavaro, Tudor, Camoranesi etc.

pembohong

Jul 24, 2004
    Okay I hate to ask this, but... how the hell do you guys sell players so quickly and high price? I've tried putting them on transfer list, offering to clubs, etc but usually other clubs bid for less than their current value. Any suggestion would be appreciated. :)

Romano

May 22, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by pembohong ] ++
    Okay I hate to ask this, but... how the hell do you guys sell players so quickly and high price? I've tried putting them on transfer list, offering to clubs, etc but usually other clubs bid for less than their current value. Any suggestion would be appreciated. :)
    if they play good, like 9-8-10-9-8
    some clubs get intressed for their preformance
    in my 3rd season EVERY player was wanted because everyone had good preformance
    but you need to sell carefully
    if you put them on transfer and offer then to clubs, your manager rating gets down and your players get angry for offering clubmates to other clubs.
    you need to look out what you do

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

yeah that's right, i got about 100 mil by selling Trez and Emerson. And I also sold Blasi, Legro, Cannavaro, Tudor, Camoranesi etc.
    That's good work then. You've managed to build a pretty awesome team in a short period of time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)