Football Manager 5 (merge) (17 Viewers)

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003
btw,is there any way to increase the size of the EU place in real madrid(currently 3)???cuz i have samuel,berbatov,ronaldo,romanagli(something like that)and i don't know who to sell...samuel is great in my game scoring 9 goals in 50 apps,berbatov scored 26 goals in his first season,ronaldo scored 24 and i just bought romanagli(something like that)......help appreciated :)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by pembohong ] ++
Stu, what tactic and training regime you use?

It seems like my tactic or my training regime make my forward players very tired. They must be rested every 2 matches or so. Anyone have any suggestions?
I use a fairly basic 4-1-3-2, nothing too extravagant. As for training regimes I just tweaked the Goalkeeping, Defending, Midfielders and Attacking regimes that were there from the beginning of the game. I only started using it in the pre-season of 2005 and we're still in pre-season so I'll get back to you on how they work when the season gets going.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I've signed Lahm, Dawson, Rosicky and Delgado but the Gallas deal didn't materialise as I didn't have enough money. He ended up going to Milan for more than I had offered anyways. I'm thinking I'll make Hubschman and Gilardino my main targets but I only have 6m to spend so I'm going to have to sell. Legro, Tacchi and Trez should be able to raise enough funds which would leave my squad looking like this:

GK - Buffon, Chimenti

DF - Lahm, Zebina, Thuram, Hubschman, Dawson, Cannavaro, Birindelli, Zambrotta

MF - Blasi, Emerson, Clemente, Camoranesi, Olivera, Scarlata, Rosicky, Nedved, Kapo

FW - Delgado, Del Piero, Gilardino, Ibrahimovic, Sculli

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,265
    This is my first 11, and the formation I planned to use this season, but it hasnt really impressed me in preseason. If you have a good 4-3-1-2 to share I'm waiting.

Anyways, I also have Reina, Maxwell, Pessotto, Guarin, Miguel, Kompany, Mexes, Hubschman, Dowing, Gasbaronni, Olivera, Matuzalem, van der Vaart, Krnjčar, Delgado, Cavenaghi and Gilardino.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I'm just wondering, what kind of results have you gotten out of Mascherano with those instructions? Doesn't it cause the team to be lop-sided? I'd imagine the opposition wide players would have field days with Evra pushing so far forward and Mascherano coming central. Atm I'm using a 4-1-3-2 with a flat back four, a DMC, MR and ML, a MC with a forward arrow to AMC and two upfront.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,267
    This is a slight variation of the tactics I used last year, altho then it was a 4-4-2. Mascherano's job is to protect the defence from counter attacks, as it's usually just a single striker that stays near my defenders when I'm attacking. I havent played him enough to really judge him, but last year Pessoto was prety good at the position. I dont really suffer down the flanks that much, but it does happen from time to time.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++
    The game seems very easy. I mean, everyone is sweeping the CL on their first or second season..
    Because everyone's playing with the Juves and the Man Us, etc. Try it with Spurs or Palermo and let's see what happens. Then to further buttress the point, try it with Brighton.

/usr/bin

Excellent
    Mar 6, 2005
    I just started a new season with Juventus..
    Bought two players in total:
    -Rodrigo Mendes
    -Vanden Borre

Season's going well.. 3rd in serie a with no losses yet, and picking up pace after a slow season, and 1st in my CL group.. haven't started coppa yet.. But the amazing thing is this 90 min goal by Zlatan.. Makes me miss him even more for the Milan game:

Apr 12, 2004
    Hey, if you guys would like to get a very good younf keeper cheap, check out Michael Rensing from Bayern. He is 19 at the start of the games, and I can't remember his exact stats, but his reflexes are 19.

Also, could someone post up Ali Karimi's stats. I am going to see if he is worthe starting a new game to get because I made my database too small and he is not included in Iran's NT.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by BAH_Bianconero ] ++
    I just started a new season with Juventus..
    Bought two players in total:
    -Rodrigo Mendes
    -Vanden Borre

Season's going well.. 3rd in serie a with no losses yet, and picking up pace after a slow season, and 1st in my CL group.. haven't started coppa yet.. But the amazing thing is this 90 min goal by Zlatan.. Makes me miss him even more for the Milan game:
    You are terrible. ;)

Romano

May 22, 2004
    Guys can someone tell me where to download the patch like Zlatan has with the Juventus logo...
    I've searched a while in google but I just can't find it
    Plz post (A)>?

Romano

May 22, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    This is my first 11, and the formation I planned to use this season, but it hasnt really impressed me in preseason. If you have a good 4-3-1-2 to share I'm waiting.

Anyways, I also have Reina, Maxwell, Pessotto, Guarin, Miguel, Kompany, Mexes, Hubschman, Dowing, Gasbaronni, Olivera, Matuzalem, van der Vaart, Krnjčar, Delgado, Cavenaghi and Gilardino.
    how can you get some much money and players after ONE season?

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,279
    I got 75 mil € of TV money, sold Trez for 35 mil €, Del Piero for 17, Camoranesi for 20, Zambrotta for 26, Buffon for 25, Cannavaro for 5, Tudor for 7, Legro for 6, Maresca for 12, Emeson for 15, van Bommel for 15, Nedved for 8.5... that left me with a transfer budget of around 200 mil €, plus the board gave me an extra 54 milion, and I bought all players over 24 months.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I've now made all the signings I wanted to make for this season which is Hubschman, Dawson, Lahm, Rosicky, Gilardino and Delgado. We won the Italian Super Cup over Milan, 3-1, and beat Roma 3-0 in the European Super Cup. Ibrahimovic was amazing in those two games; he scored twice against Milan and a hat-trick against Roma.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)