Football Manager 5 (merge) (17 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Hubschman is around 7.5 mil €, Evra 11 or 12.

I have a plan: I've already brought in Hubschman, Kompany, Sneijder, Delgado, van Bommel and Van der Vaart, I'm bringing in Mascherano, Guarin, and Torres. I'll sell Zambrotta, Emerson and Buffon, as well as Canna and Thuram, and replace them with Reina (Villareal), Terry and Chivu, Evra and Gerrard.
Thanks. I think I'm going to get Michael Dawson for 2m (his contract is unprotected) as well as Mexes or Hubschman. I'm not sure if I'm going to go for Evra and play Zambrotta at right back or go for Lahm. I want my team to look like this next season:

Buffon
Lahm Mexes Cannavaro Zambrotta
Emerson
Camoranesi Rosicky Kapo
Ibrahimovic Del Piero

Chimenti
Zebina Thuram Dawson Birindelli
Blasi
Scarlata Nedved Olivera
Gilardino Delgado

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,243
    I want my team to look like this:

-----------Zlatan Torres----------

---------------Tevez----------------

Nedved --- Gerrard --- Sneijder

------------------------Mascherano

Evra --- Chivu --- Terry-----------

----------------Reina----------------

I'll post a screenshot of my tactics when I finish witrh my shopping.

pembohong

Jul 24, 2004

Your team is crazy. :)

Torres alone is 35M+. Gerrard maybe around 20-30M. Chivu can be bought in third season for 8M since his contract would be unprotected by then. Snejder and Evra is 10M+ each. Terry is untouchable in my game. Do you think you have enough money to buy all?

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,247
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    Interesting... when you've made all of your purchases tell me what the prices were.
    Well, I've made most of them. Van der Vaart was 14 mil €, Sneijder 15, Evra 11, Hubschman, 7.5, Kompany 8, Mascherano 9, Tevez 14, Delgado 3, Torres 68, Reina 8...

++ [ originally posted by pembohong ] ++

Your team is crazy. :)

Torres alone is 35M+. Gerrard maybe around 20-30M. Chivu can be bought in third season for 8M since his contract would be unprotected by then. Snejder and Evra is 10M+ each. Terry is untouchable in my game. Do you think you have enough money to buy all?

It'll be close, but if I manage to sell Emerson for some 20-25 mil € I might just manage it.

Geof

May 14, 2004
    I just finished my second season with Juve.

I missed the Scudetto (Milan won) but won the Coppa (final against Milan) and the ....... Champion's league! (final against... Milan :) )

so I'm kinda satisfied with my season.

Janks is going to Madrid for 17,5Million

Juninho (Lyon), Stam, and Gilardino ( :) ) are coming for Free.

I'm looking for a world class DC. I use 3 defenders only and I've been too leaky this season, costed me the Scudetto.
    I have: Canna, Kompany, De Jong (they usually start), Thuram, Bonera and Naldo as subs.

I'm planning to sell Naldo and I hope for Thuram to retire.

Terry is untouchable (they turned down a 60million offer). Chivu went to Real. I'm thinking about Jorge Andrade. His contract is unprotected, he'd cost me 24million.

any advice?

pembohong

Jul 24, 2004
    Jorge Adrade isn't very good in my game. Then again the stats varies in every games.

Like mentioned before, try Tomas Hubschman. He's cheap and solid, but his stats won't get any better. Or if you're very rich, try Rafael Marquez. Other decent DC: Milito, Coloccini, Burdisso, Demichelis and our own Igor Tudor. :D (I don't know why everyone sell him, he's great in my game and Chel$ki bought him for 24M pound)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004

:eek:

Geof

May 14, 2004
    for the moment my team is

-------Zlatan Gilardino--------

-----------Tevez----------------

Bierofka--Riquelme-J.Baptista--Camo

--Kompany-Canna-De Jong----

-----De Sanctis/ Buffon------

Buffon has been quite decieving, so after 4 ratings of 5 in a row, I decided to criticise him in the media (1st time I did that in the game). The supporters backed me, then Buffon started to imprve his game.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I finished my first season and it was a success. We won the Coppa Italia (3-1 agg over Fiorentina) as well as the Champions League (2-1 against Inter) and finished second to Milan in the league. Inter led 1-0 in the CL final through a Stankovic strike up until the 68th minute when Materazzi scored a comical own goal and Zalayeta was on hand to hit the winner in the 84th.

My best players throughout the season were Camoranesi, Kapo and Nedved.

Ibrahimovic scored 28 goals and Del Piero managed 26. The former was the topscorer in the CL and DP came third in the Serie A goalscoring charts. Nedved and Trezeguet netted 16 times.

Nedved, Ibrahimovic, Del Piero and Kapo had 19, 17, 15 and 15 assists respectively.

Zlatan won the Serie A Young Player of the Year Award. Camoranesi was Player of the Year and Midfielder of the Year, and Kapo was Foreign Player of the Year.

I've already set up five transfers for the summer. The agreed deals are: William Gallas (15m), Michael Dawson (2m), Philipp Lahm (14m), Tomas Rosicky (29m) and Cesar Delgado (1.6m). I need another striker and I'm thinking Gilardino because he'll cost a lot less than Torres, and perhaps another CB which could be Tomas Hubschman. Thuram and Nedved will probably leave after 05-06 (next season) so I'll bring in Chivu and Rothen then.

pembohong

Jul 24, 2004
    Stu, what tactic and training regime you use?

It seems like my tactic or my training regime make my forward players very tired. They must be rested every 2 matches or so. Anyone have any suggestions?

peckface

approaching curve
    Oct 3, 2004

Actually my team is quite simuilar. My Udinese team(without injuries):

Ibrahimovic Tevez
    Rothen Gerrard Mauri Diana
    Evra Chivu Terry Ferreira
    Leo Franco

Chevanton
    Källström
    Kapo
    Tommasi
    C. Andersson
    Kompany
    Tiozzo

Geof

May 14, 2004
    yeah, once you get the basics, it is easy. With big teams that is. with a bit of good management, you can higher up your transfer funds, I have now 128Million at my disposal.

But once you start with small teams it is freakin' hard.

I played with Union Saint-Gilles, belgian second division, and i quit it after a season. you can't sign any good players, no money, no reputation....

I did something kinda weird in my Juve game. I had 6strikers on my books, Gilardino, Zlatan Trez Tevez Del Piero and Crespo, so I wanted to sell at least one. I thought of Trez, but noone wanted him.

Then I got an offer from Barca for Zlatan. I negociated a swoop with Rafael Marquez. We settled for 23 million plus Marquez (worth 24 million) and 50% of Zlatan's future transfer.

Zlatan was my best attacker and was elected best player by the fans, but I neede a DC and to get rid of an attacker. my front line will look like this I guess

Gila-----Tevez
    Riquelme

Crespo, DP and Trez are subs haha, see Moggi, that's wath I cal a bench!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)