Football Manager 5 (merge) (6 Viewers)

Oct 29, 2004
alrite guys, im about to start an online league with mym mates and i simply gotta win, last time we play i finished 2nd with juve, my mate won with inter, and i just gotta beat him this time.

who shud i buy at start of game, any freebies? cmon help me, juves pride is at stake

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I'm in March 2005 in my Juve game and things are going pretty well. We beat Lyon 6-1 on aggregate in the first knockout round of the CL and we're in the Coppa final against Fiorentina. Atm I'm third in the league but only three points behind leaders Milan and two behind second placed Inter.

Ibrahimovic and Kapo started slowly but they've been my best players in the last three months or so. Like in real life Del Piero is struggling for consistency while Trezeguet is out for the rest of the season with a broken leg. Zlatan has 25 goals, DP and Trez both have 16, Nedved has 9, Kapo 8, Zalayeta 7, Zambrotta and Birindelli have 3 each, Emerson and Olivera have 2, and Camoranesi, Legrottaglie, Montero, Thuram and Blasi have one.

/usr/bin

Excellent
Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by legend delpiero ] ++
alrite guys, im about to start an online league with mym mates and i simply gotta win, last time we play i finished 2nd with juve, my mate won with inter, and i just gotta beat him this time.

who shud i buy at start of game, any freebies? cmon help me, juves pride is at stake
there are a few good players you could get at the beg. of the season:

Rodrigo Mendes (AM/F LC) for around 3-3.5 mil ..
mascherano (DM RC) for around 6
Tevez (FC) around 5.5+
Wesley Sneijder [highly recommended, but ur with juve.. you have an awsome midfield..) for around 8+ mil..

good luck.. :thumb:

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003

I'm with Fiorentina in 2014 :D, but have been coaching them for 3 seasons now, after i resigned from Parma.

Pisculichi Rocks :star:

I've got around 40 promising youngsters in my reserves. Snaped all of them before they got a profesional contract.

Geof

May 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++

I'm with Fiorentina in 2014 :D, but have been coaching them for 3 seasons now, after i resigned from Parma.

Pisculichi Rocks :star:

I've got around 40 promising youngsters in my reserves. Snaped all of them before they got a profesional contract.
2014?? :geek:

Ramin

vBookie Champion
Nov 18, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Geof ] ++

2014?? :geek:
That doesnt neccesarly makes me a geek :D

Thing is from what i've read on this thread, that most people over here play with some team for 2/3 season then quit and start a new game. Unlike me, i kept going with the same one.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by legend delpiero ] ++

Heitinga
Chivu if you can
Jan Kristiansen (his ratings may not be impressive, but over the course of the season I guarantee that he'll be a starter)
Clemens Fritz.
Alekzandr Kerzhakov.

All the best man.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Has anybody tried Jerome Rothen? He got everything a AML should have and he do miracales every game. My entire left wing is great with Evra and Rothen.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by pecker ] ++
Has anybody tried Jerome Rothen? He got everything a AML should have and he do miracales every game. My entire left wing is great with Evra and Rothen.
I haven't tried him yet but his attributes are amazing. I think I'll try to get him in 06-07 to replace Nedved in my Juve team but I don't need him right now. Atm Nedved plays behind the strikers with Kapo on the left but Rosicky is coming next season so he'll start in Nedved's position and Pavel will fight for a place on the left with Kapo. Btw, how much did Rothen cost you?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I'm still in my first season with Juve. We won the first leg of the Coppa final 2-0 against Fiorentina so that'll probably be my first title. We're second in the league, one point behind Milan who we still have to play, and in the semifinals of the CL against Liverpool so I could do the treble. It's not going to be easy as things have definitely been more difficult with the patch and the squad doesn't exactly have a lot of depth since I decided not to buy anyone for realism's sake. I faced Milan in the quarterfinals of the CL and I thought for sure that we were on our way out as Thuram, Camoranesi, Kapo, Nedved, Del Piero and Trezeguet were all injured. I called up right winger Giuseppe Scarlata and centre mid Gerardo Clemente from the U20 squad and they did well. We won both legs 1-0.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

I haven't tried him yet but his attributes are amazing. I think I'll try to get him in 06-07 to replace Nedved in my Juve team but I don't need him right now. Atm Nedved plays behind the strikers with Kapo on the left but Rosicky is coming next season so he'll start in Nedved's position and Pavel will fight for a place on the left with Kapo. Btw, how much did Rothen cost you?
Very very cheap, I think I got him for around 8€ mil. Now he's worth about 30 and is attracting a lot of interest. I also got Kapo so now my right wing is solid as well with Ferreira and Kapo. ;)

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,235
    I won the league with 9 points advantage, which is a miracle considering the lack of depth and the injuries. Virtually every player had been injured for at least two weeks. Buffon was out for 4 games, Zambrotta for a month and a half total, Cannavaro was exhausted already in january, Pessotto, who was a regular in the 1st 11 for me, was out for 2 weeks, Kapo for around 2 months in total, nedved 3 in total, Emerson got injured for 6 months in january, Camoranesi was very tired, Olivera exhausted, Trez out for 3 monts in total, Zlatan for 1, Zalayeta got injured for 8 months in september... There were times I didnt have a signle midfield or attacking player on the bench.

In January I bought Cavenaghi, and recalled legro and Gasbaronni, and all 3 did great, especially Gasba. He had an average rating of 8 in 9 games.

Zlatan was the Serie A top scorer with 25 goals, and he added 15 assists to that.

I floped in Europe tho, I was kicked out in the first round of the CL, and in the quarter finals of the UEFA Cup by Liverpool. I played 0-0 at home and lost 3-2 away, but that was mainly due to the injuries I had at the time.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    I won the league with 9 points advantage, which is a miracle considering the lack of depth and the injuries. Virtually every player had been injured for at least two weeks. Buffon was out for 4 games, Zambrotta for a month and a half total, Cannavaro was exhausted already in january, Pessotto, who was a regular in the 1st 11 for me, was out for 2 weeks, Kapo for around 2 months in total, nedved 3 in total, Emerson got injured for 6 months in january, Camoranesi was very tired, Olivera exhausted, Trez out for 3 monts in total, Zlatan for 1, Zalayeta got injured for 8 months in september... There were times I didnt have a signle midfield or attacking player on the bench.

In January I bought Cavenaghi, and recalled legro and Gasbaronni, and all 3 did great, especially Gasba. He had an average rating of 8 in 9 games.

Zlatan was the Serie A top scorer with 25 goals, and he added 15 assists to that.

I floped in Europe tho, I was kicked out in the first round of the CL, and in the quarter finals of the UEFA Cup by Liverpool. I played 0-0 at home and lost 3-2 away, but that was mainly due to the injuries I had at the time.
    The Juve squad really is thinner than I thought, especially in attack.

I'm 3rd in Serie A with two games to go. I could've beaten Milan to go top but they won 2-1 in the San Siro and are now 4 points ahead of me. Inter are 1 point ahead of me in second. I have my Coppa final second leg against Fiorentina and the CL final against Inter coming up in the next week so I've pretty much conceded the league title to Milan who would have to slip up in their next two games for me to overtake them.

Camoranesi has been my best player this season, Ibrahimovic is my topscorer with 28 goals in all competitions, Del Piero has scored the most league goals for me (15) and Nedved has the most assists.

Rosicky (29m) and Cesar Delgado (1.6m) are joining in the summer. I'm looking to bring in two centre backs but I'm not sure who atm. Has anyone tried Tomas Hubschman? How much does he cost? And what about Michael Dawson? Is he any good in FM2005? How much does Evra cost and can Zambrotta play right back well?

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by pecker ] ++

Very very cheap, I think I got him for around 8€ mil. Now he's worth about 30 and is attracting a lot of interest. I also got Kapo so now my right wing is solid as well with Ferreira and Kapo. ;)
    Ok cool, I'll probably get him in my third season when I let Nedved go.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,239
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

The Juve squad really is thinner than I thought, especially in attack.

I'm 3rd in Serie A with two games to go. I could've beaten Milan to go top but they won 2-1 in the San Siro and are now 4 points ahead of me. Inter are 1 point ahead of me in second. I have my Coppa final second leg against Fiorentina and the CL final against Inter coming up in the next week so I've pretty much conceded the league title to Milan who would have to slip up in their next two games for me to overtake them.

Camoranesi has been my best player this season, Ibrahimovic is my topscorer with 28 goals in all competitions, Del Piero has scored the most league goals for me (15) and Nedved has the most assists.

Rosicky (29m) and Cesar Delgado (1.6m) are joining in the summer. I'm looking to bring in two centre backs but I'm not sure who atm. Has anyone tried Tomas Hubschman? How much does he cost? And what about Michael Dawson? Is he any good in FM2005? How much does Evra cost and can Zambrotta play right back well?

Hubschman is around 7.5 mil €, Evra 11 or 12.

I have a plan: I've already brought in Hubschman, Kompany, Sneijder, Delgado, van Bommel and Van der Vaart, I'm bringing in Mascherano, Guarin, and Torres. I'll sell Zambrotta, Emerson and Buffon, as well as Canna and Thuram, and replace them with Reina (Villareal), Terry and Chivu, Evra and Gerrard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)