Football Manager 5 (merge) (24 Viewers)

pembohong

Jul 24, 2004
Yeah I bought him too. He's good. And there's another Czech goalkeeper which is very good also. I forgot the name (not Cech). His technical attributes are better than Buffon's. :eek:

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003
btw,anyone knows how to strenghten the Livorno squad?

I did not make it to the Italian Cup as I finished third behind Pescara(lost 2-1) and Catanzaro(drew 3-3) :wallbang:
I got Fernando Couto from Lazio and Fontana from Fiorentina but they both got sent off on their debut:(Lucarelli does not seem so good in my game...(no goals in his last 10 matches) :D

Geof

May 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Qaterminator ] ++
btw,anyone knows how to strenghten the Livorno squad?

I did not make it to the Italian Cup as I finished third behind Pescara(lost 2-1) and Catanzaro(drew 3-3) :wallbang:
I got Fernando Couto from Lazio and Fontana from Fiorentina but they both got sent off on their debut:(Lucarelli does not seem so good in my game...(no goals in his last 10 matches) :D
this game is so easy when you play big teams.
and so difficult when you go small. try to loan some players, or to go fom south american talents and older players

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Geof ] ++

this game is so easy when you play big teams.
and so difficult when you go small. try to loan some players, or to go fom south american talents and older players
Have a friend who doesn't just play big teams, he starts as a number of managers, then takes over all the potential threats in his league, buys all their star players cheap, sells them his crap, and then leaves.
He averages 10-0 a game.

Meantime, I want to start with Spurs in a game. Anyone has any advice?

arc

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++

Have a friend who doesn't just play big teams, he starts as a number of managers, then takes over all the potential threats in his league, buys all their star players cheap, sells them his crap, and then leaves.
He averages 10-0 a game.
sad

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,191
    ++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++

He averages 10-0 a game.

Meantime, I want to start with Spurs in a game. Anyone has any advice?

Sure, "a friend".

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,196
    Great, just fucking great. Two days before my crucial CL match away to Bayern I lose Nedved for a week to injury, Zambrotta for a month and Trezeguet, my best scorer, for two months. Combine that with Zalayeta being out for another 5 months, Del Piero being unfir and in crap form, no depth in the squad and you get a recipe for disaster. I lost 4-0 and crashed out of the CL. Now I have to get at least a point at hom from Valencia to at least go to the UEFA Cup, which shouldnt be a problem. I have Cavenaghi coming in in January, but I'll still have to play a full month with just 2 strikers.

On a positive note, I have a 7 point lead in the Serie A, after winning 10 of my first 11 matches.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    My Juve game is going pretty well. It's definitely harder with the patch as I found out right away, barely getting into the CL. We beat FC Kobenhavn 2-1 on aggregate in the qualifiers. It was a rough start to the campaign as Werder Bremen came to the Delle Alpi and beat me 2-1 in my first CL group game but we bounced back and are doing quite well atm.

I'm top of the league after 12 games. I've won 9, lost 2-1 away to Inter and Messina (who are second) and drew 1-1 away to Livorno. Things were looking rather shody in the CL as I drew 1-1 with Monaco after losing to Bremen but I won my next three matches in the competition so I'm through to the next round. 4-1 away to Fenerbahce, 2-0 at home to them, and 6-2 away to Bremen were the scores. If I beat Monaco on matchday 6 I'll win the group, if not I'll come second.

DP and Trez both have 11 goals, Zlatan has 10 and Nedved has 8. Nedved, Del Piero and Camoranesi have the highest average ratings but pretty much everyone is doing well. DP is out for a month now though so we'll have to do without his services. As long as another attacker doesn't get injured we should be ok. I could use another AM but I'll wait until next season.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #1,199
    ++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++
    Zlat, you think you have the league of death, check this:

Bayern
    Barca
    Juve
    Chelsea

Yeah, that's no picnic either ;)

++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    My Juve game is going pretty well. It's definitely harder with the patch as I found out right away, barely getting into the CL.

Told you so.

Juventino783

Aug 31, 2004
    I began the game with Juventus:

I sold Blasi 10 Millions and Tudor 7 Millions (all in Euro)

I bought Kerlon 28K and Mascherano for 9,5 Millions.

My tactic:

--------------------------Buffon----------------------------
    ---Zebina-----Thuram------Cannavaro-Zambrotta--
    ----------------------Emerson/Mascherano-------------
    ---Camoranesi-------Del Piero--------Nedved---------
    -------------------Trezeguet--Ibrahimovic--------------

Who should i let play Emerson or Mascherano???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)