Football Manager 5 (merge) (4 Viewers)

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #921
    I havent downloaded the new patch yet. All my players are bought under the old patch and this data update could mean my team gets significantly worse. I'll start a new game with it tho in a while.

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #923
    I've just bought Zlatan for 36 mil € for my Udinese team.

I'm crazy, I've compiled a fantastic team an am looking to challenge for the title. I'm playing 3-5-2

GK: Carini, Reina
    DC: Mexes, Squillaci
    DC: Heitinga, De Borre
    DC: Bonera, Kompany
    ML: Kapo, D'Agostino
    MC: Van der Vaart, Barbarez
    MC: Borowski, Mascherano
    MC: Hleb, Romagnoli
    MR: Sneijder, Santana
    FC: Delgado, Cavenaghi
    FC: Zlatan, Crespo

Other players: Felipe, Kranjčar, Gavilan, Iaquinta (who I'm looking to sell), Sardo (My biggest talent)

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++

This addition is really annoying. my squad is about 27/28 players, which is more than enough for me. Bloody stupid chairman goes and fvking buys washed up grandpa Marquez 29 years old for 25m Euros:wallbang::wallbang: and then he goes and buys Alexander Hleb 27 years old for 114m Euros!!!!!!:wallbang::wallbang::wallbang::wallbang::wallbang:..all the money i made gone in a puff. fvking great!

I'm gonna try and sell both of them at the end of season. I dont think i'll get more than 25/30m for both of them.
    Finished the season 3rd in the league, just two points behind the leaders. 6 teams were challeneging for the title at the very end, it was crazy. I won the CL and the Italian Cup.

I sold Hleb for 29m, and Marquez for 11m Euros. The chairman wanted big names again, and so i signed Saviola for free, taking Miccoli place (sold him for 7m), and also got Joaquin for 66m. I had around 60m money left after all of these transfers. The bloody chairman still wanted "big names", so he went on to by Diego for 84m Euros, and Adriano for 112m Euros. I already have Gila, Torres, Pazzini, Robinho, and two promising youngsters + Saviola, but i play him behind strikers. And now the club is in debt. I sold Aquilani for 18m, and will sell one of Pazzini or Robinho during the January transfer.

The new patch is a fvking joke. I cant even sign players from south america even if i sell some of the non-EU players that i currently have.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by pembohong ] ++
    I thought game crack is illegal :D
    Yeah, because you're modifying proprietary software. Have to say, I don't think it's wrong in itself. I broke the CD for a game of mine a few years back, but could keep playing it because I had a crack for it. Was I doing anything wrong? Technically, yes, but I don't agree.

The main reason they're a no-no is that people can play games they've never owned if they have a crack and borrow/rent the game. Of course, the rest of us get our rights limited in the pursuit of profit.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++

The new patch is a fvking joke. I cant even sign players from south america even if i sell some of the non-EU players that i currently have.
    Your the first person that I hear complaining about it... Anyway, this should solve your problems. Just download the new patch, 5.05!

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #931
    If you sell a non EU player to a club in the same country you lose his non-EU spot.

pembohong

Jul 24, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    If you sell a non EU player to a club in the same country you lose his non-EU spot.
    :confused: I don't understand. So if I sell all of my non-EU players to Italian clubs (since I'm playing Juve) I can't sign anyomore non-EU players forever? Enlighten me please :confused:

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #933
    If you sell a Non EU player to a club in Italy, they get his non eu spot and you lose one. For example, Livorno has 4 non EU spots and Juventus has 9. If they sell Mutu to us they'll lose one and have 3, while we'll gain one and have 10. That way the amount of foreigners in the league is fixed. If you sell or buy a non eu player from abroad you dont lose nor gain a non eu spot.

P.S. if you sell all of your non eu players to Italian clubs, you'll lose all their non eu players. You can still buy non eu players from Italy, but not from abroad.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I've started a game with Udinese. Bought Bierofka for 1.5m and tried to get Legrottaglie, the offer was accepted but he chose Reggina over us. I want Cesar Delgado but I don' have the money atm and I'm not keen on selling Jankulovski, Pizarro, Di Michele or Iaquinta either. I think I'm going to use what money I do have to purchase a defender. I'm looking at Montero. I want to play a 5-2-2-1/3-4-3 with attacking wing backs. Bertotto, Kroldrup and Felipe are the central defenders, Alberto plays on the right, Jankulovski on the left, Pizarro and Pinzi are usually the two centre mids, Di Michele is at AMR with an arrow to FR, Bierofka is at AML with an arrow to FL, and Iaquinta is the lone striker. I'm trying to emulate Chelsea's trident attack with one SC (usually Gudjohnsen or Drogba for them) and two wide attackers (Robben, Duff -> Di Michele, Bierofka). I've played 3 pre-season games, won all 3. There's no place in the starting line-up for Di Natale but he could be useful off the bench. Pazienza, Muntari and Mauri give the midfield some depth.

Any advice in terms of cheap purchases would be welcome.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #935
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    I've started a game with Udinese. Bought Bierofka for 1.5m and tried to get Legrottaglie, the offer was accepted but he chose Reggina over us. I want Cesar Delgado but I don' have the money atm and I'm not keen on selling Jankulovski, Pizarro, Di Michele or Iaquinta either. I think I'm going to use what money I do have to purchase a defender. I'm looking at Montero. I want to play a 5-2-2-1/3-4-3 with attacking wing backs. Bertotto, Kroldrup and Felipe are the central defenders, Alberto plays on the right, Jankulovski on the left, Pizarro and Pinzi are usually the two centre mids, Di Michele is at AMR with an arrow to FR, Bierofka is at AML with an arrow to FL, and Iaquinta is the lone striker. I'm trying to emulate Chelsea's trident attack with one SC (usually Gudjohnsen or Drogba for them) and two wide attackers (Robben, Duff -> Di Michele, Bierofka). I've played 3 pre-season games, won all 3. There's no place in the starting line-up for Di Natale but he could be useful off the bench. Pazienza, Muntari and Mauri give the midfield some depth.

Any advice in terms of cheap purchases would be welcome.
    I'm also midway my secon season with Udinese and I went completely the other way. I sold Pizzaro and Jankulovski right away (Pizzaro doesnt want to extend his contract anyways) and a lot of the other playerts (Fava, Pinzi, Muntari, etc) and now I have a team that looks nothing like Udinese's

I have Mexes, Bonera, heitinga, Kompany, Kapo, D'Agostino, van der Vaart, Hleb, Mascherano, Sneijder, Crespo, Delgado, Cavenaghi, Zlatan, etc. Got Baptista and Torres coming in as well.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I transfer listed Fava and Muntari for a while but no one made bids and they are good squad players anyways. I had offers accepted for Veron, Aquilani and Montero but all three of them snubbed Udinese. Had I been able to sign Veron or Aquilani I would have been willing to let Pizarro go but those moves didn't go through so I kept David. Jankulovski fits into my system nicely and Pinzi is my first choice DM so I kept them. As of now I've brought in two players: Daniel Bierofka who has been superb in pre-season, and Alberto Sardo, a very promising attacker.

Starting XI:

GK - De Sanctis
    DC - Bertotto
    DC - Kroldrup
    DC - Cribari
    DMR - Alberto
    DML - Jankulovski
    MC - Pinzi
    MC - Pizarro
    AMR - Di Michele
    AML - Bierofka
    FC - Iaquinta

pembohong

Jul 24, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    If you sell a Non EU player to a club in Italy, they get his non eu spot and you lose one. For example, Livorno has 4 non EU spots and Juventus has 9. If they sell Mutu to us they'll lose one and have 3, while we'll gain one and have 10. That way the amount of foreigners in the league is fixed. If you sell or buy a non eu player from abroad you dont lose nor gain a non eu spot.

P.S. if you sell all of your non eu players to Italian clubs, you'll lose all their non eu players. You can still buy non eu players from Italy, but not from abroad.
    Hmm... I see... But, what if I realeased a player for a free? Will I lose the slot?

pembohong

Jul 24, 2004
    Btw, anyone who want the crack for the game can PM me, I don't want Martin to get problem with officials just because we discuss an illegal subject here. :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    No one wants to play for me. I had an offer for Khalid Boulahrouz of HSV accepted but he said no thanks. Cesar Delgado, Carlos Tevez and Vincent Kompany just signed for Atletico Madrid, Juventus and Real Betis respectively so it looks like I'll be playing the first season with basically the same squad I started with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)