Football Manager 5 (merge) (14 Viewers)

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #602
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    I told you to keep DP, but noooo... :p :D
    Actually, I do have Del Piero, but he isnt playing. Cesar Delgado is just too good.

But currently, I have Delgado out for two weeks and Zlatan and Del Piero for a month, so that leaves me with only Misimović and Trez in attack.

I've got Nonda coming in at the end of the season, Sculli will be sold and Misimović loaned out.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #604
    5 mil €.

But I've got Tevez coming in at the end of the season, so it's going to be the end for Alex, he's getting transfer listed ;)

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++

Yeh, it did get harder. As i said before, i started playing with Parma. goals were getting pass by me the minute the game starts. it was horrible!.. by January i was 19th in the league (cant believe they didnt sack me then), then i bought Mike Zonneveld (left back) then i started picking up points and finished 11th by the end of the season. missed on the UEFA cup spot on the last day of the season (stupid goal difference) :wallbang: .. Right now i'm on the 2nd season, and am banging everyone who comes my way. :D ( after getting 22 players for free)

CHECK MILAN RESERVES AND U19's. . They've got many brilliant players.
    I started 5.02 with Parma, things are going fine. Only lost one pre season friendly, two games into the league I've won both, one was away to Lecce. No goals conceded yet either. I'm playing

Frey
    Ferronetti-Bonera-Cannavaro-Mila(Poland)
    Bresciano-Guarin-Pepe-Gargarov(Bulgaria)
    ----------Gilardino-Portioli--------------

Portioli scored a hatrick and got a ten on his league debut :D

I've only bought those mentioned above (Guarin,Mila,Gargarov) plus a young atalanta DM called Morosini, who is OK. Parma are pretty weak in the DM department.

Oh yeah, I brought in Demel too who's so cheap you can't ignore him.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #606
    My advice when playing big teams is not to experiment with your own tactics, but instead look at the standard tactics first, they can counter the CPU very effectivly sometimes. For example, I beat Inter 3-1 away and Roma 2-1 at home using the standard 4-2-3-1 attacking, outplayed both of them. It seems that that perticular tactic is good against the 4-4-2.

BTW, Sculli saved my ass this season, I dont know what I would have done without him. At one point I had Delgado, Del Piero, Zlatan and Trezeguet all injured for over 2 weeks, so I decided to recall him, and he might just have saved my season. He's scored 7 goals in 9 games so far, including the winner against Roma in the 81st minute, after being subbed in in the 60th. That was after this screenshot.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Valley ] ++

I started 5.02 with Parma, things are going fine. Only lost one pre season friendly, two games into the league I've won both, one was away to Lecce. No goals conceded yet either. I'm playing

Frey
    Ferronetti-Bonera-Cannavaro-Mila(Poland)
    Bresciano-Guarin-Pepe-Gargarov(Bulgaria)
    ----------Gilardino-Portioli--------------

Portioli scored a hatrick and got a ten on his league debut :D

I've only bought those mentioned above (Guarin,Mila,Gargarov) plus a young atalanta DM called Morosini, who is OK. Parma are pretty weak in the DM department.

Oh yeah, I brought in Demel too who's so cheap you can't ignore him.

I'm in the 2nd year with parma now, currently in February, 1st in Seria A so far but the next 5 teams are very close with only 4/5 pts difference.

my current starting line-up or the one that i use most because i keep on rotating players, are..

------------------- Frey
    Contra - Bonera - Legrotaglie - Zonneveld
    -------------------Van Bommel
    --------Marchionni------------Locatelli
    --------------------Brecianno
    ------------Crespo--------Gilardino

Bench: Vanden Borre, Balde, Bovo, Tommasi, Carretto, Morrone, Ravasi, Morfeo, George Jn. Weah :thumb:, Tentaroni, and more but cant remember.

Zlatan, i change my formation while facing the big teams and play with at least 2 difensive midfielders, sometimes 3 depending on the circumstances, and it has worked so far.

I just found myself in the game. They made me sweeper(right, centre) and gave me such a crapy stats :D ... *bastards*

Valley

Apr 20, 2004
    Ramin, how were your youngsters for you? Portioli, Morsi, Cenci, Pepe all seem handy for me. Probably not future world beaters but they will help and I could sell them for a few bob.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Valley ] ++
    Ramin, how were your youngsters for you? Portioli, Morsi, Cenci, Pepe all seem handy for me. Probably not future world beaters but they will help and I could sell them for a few bob.
    Those youngsters you mentioned are all crap in my game. Rosina was not bad. i sold him to Samp for 3.5 million Euros. Emiliano Morratti looks really promising, though i havent really used him in the first team yet, he's only 16.

I stole almost all of Milan youngsters, mostly free and some less than a million. Roma's youngsters are not bad as well.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #610
    Here's my team at the start of season two. I have too many players, 29. I wanted to loan out Kompany, Mascherano and Misimović but they refused.

Anyways, I'll sell Pizzaro and Nonda at the end of the season, I just got them because they're free.

Nonda looks very good tho, he's been banging them in like crazy in pre season.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #612
    I show you that kind of team and all you have to ask is how to get two columns?

You bastard :frown: :D

Seriously tho, just go to View/Overview/Position.

There is a bug in the 5.0.0 version, some of the players might be missing from the screen when viewing in two columns. But, it's all good if you have the patch installed.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003

Cool :D

How's Babtista doing?.. He's got excellent stats, but sadly, i dont have that kind of money to spend with Parma.

And i'd suggest you to keep Pizzaro. He was awesome when i managed Udinese with 5.0.0 just for a season before re-installing my lappy. He brilliant with free-kicks.

Hopefully i'll get Torres for free in 2007 :D, so far he has rejected A. Madrid's offer.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #614
    I I havent really had any big matches yet, all I've played are pre season friendlies against C2 teams. I'll let you know later on.

As for Pizzaro, yeah, I know he's good, but I'd feel bad about keeping Mascherano out of the squad.

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++

Cool :D

How's Babtista doing?.. He's got excellent stats, but sadly, i dont have that kind of money to spend with Parma.

And i'd suggest you to keep Pizzaro. He was awesome when i managed Udinese with 5.0.0 just for a season before re-installing my lappy. He brilliant with free-kicks.

Hopefully i'll get Torres for free in 2007 :D, so far he has rejected A. Madrid's offer.
    Baptista: Excellent DM, and with me he is the top goalscorer, imagine it, a DM and a goal scorer, ill post a pic of his performance soon, but get him, i paid for him 30$ and im very happy i spent all this money for him....

Geof

May 14, 2004
    Juve Kosova:
    you bought Ronaldo? how much? and is he any good?

And how did you buy Puyol?? I never succeeded in signing him.

BTW: I'm sick being Anderlecht: Miccoli, Riquelme and Berbatov are free, but none of them wants to join me!
    Riquelme signed for Boca and they pay 1/3 of what I offered him...

I think I reached the max, I can't grow anymore... wht world class player wants to play in cold, rainy and boring Belgium with the Crappy Jupiler league.....

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I'm downloading the game, 98% finished :excited: I'll soon be playing the full version of FM2005, finally..

@Zlatan: Why do you buy so many players? It's hard to keep everyone happy that way and quality players don't get the playing time they deserve. Since there are alot of players I want to buy but I know it wouldn't make sense getting all of them, I might decide to play a game with two managers. Has anyone here ever added a new manager to their game?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)