Football Manager 5 (merge) (24 Viewers)

Geof

May 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++
i really hate myself sometimes.. and thats because (like every time theres a new fm/cm) i play it for like 3 month and then it gets soooo boring for me.. and that why i stoped playing it... dont really know what i should do now?! :sad: maybe start with another team then juve ?

Playing with Juve is kinda ... easy, I mean look at the great players we got:D

Take over your local team and instead of signing the likes of Joaquin, Torres, Robinho, Van der Vaart,... you'll have to scout as hell and negociate like a madman to sign players you never heard about. and after 6-7 seasons you might be playing the Champion's league.
Also, you start with bad facilities and a 2000 standing places stadium, and end with training grounds twice as big as Milannello, and with a 120.000 stadium with retractable roof, ground heating,....
But of course, before you get there you have a lot of work to do.

I'm playing Anderlecht right now. They have a fair budget, you can win the league and play CL (makes money!), plus they got some talented youngsters: Kompany, Vanden Borre, Legear, De Man... It's really fun!

I'm gonna send a scrnshot later of my last match in the second season.

Have fun

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by NEDVED ] ++
Oh great, i dont know what happens to Cassano, now he wants to leave the club!!

i need a new striker now, any ideas?
Tevez.. i know he's Forward, But DAMN! he scores like hell.. and let him take your penalty kick too :) he never misses it!

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Geof ] ++

Playing with Juve is kinda ... easy, I mean look at the great players we got:D

Take over your local team and instead of signing the likes of Joaquin, Torres, Robinho, Van der Vaart,... you'll have to scout as hell and negociate like a madman to sign players you never heard about. and after 6-7 seasons you might be playing the Champion's league.
Also, you start with bad facilities and a 2000 standing places stadium, and end with training grounds twice as big as Milannello, and with a 120.000 stadium with retractable roof, ground heating,....
But of course, before you get there you have a lot of work to do.
i once took took SPAL from Serie C1 and made them world champion. thanks to my stringent transfer (never buy more than i sell) and contract policy ( 30000 salary cap ) i manage to turn around the club finance from banckruptcy to close to 2 billion euros....

i manage to upgrade the club stadium from 5000 to 20000 but after that all my proposal to ugrade the stadium were blocked by the city councill :fero:

it was untill 10 season later can i suceed to upgrade the stadium..double it size to 40000.. but somehow the average attendance never go far from the 20000 :wallbang:

..ohh the good old days ...:touched:

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #566
    Oh great, i dont know what happens to Cassano, now he wants to leave the club!!

i need a new striker now, any ideas?
    Yeah, that happened to me too, his contract was expireing and he didnt want to sign a new one. He finally signed when I offered him 10 mil € per year and a 9.5 mil € sign on fee :groan:

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
    I have juventus.Because the defence is not very good in the game, When I face big teams I play with 4-1-4-1.

When you face Inter have very low the width.

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Yeah, that happened to me too, his contract was expireing and he didnt want to sign a new one. He finally signed when I offered him 10 mil € per year and a 9.5 mil € sign on fee :groan:
    i will sell him, and ill get Cavenaghi or Pazzini ;)

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #569
    I'll try to sell him, but I wont be getting a new striker. I'll just play Tevez as a forward and try to get Rosicky to play a flat 4-4-2

Geof

May 14, 2004
    I did as I said, take ove a small team. I went for Union Saint-Gilloise in belgian second division. It's a club with a great history (won 11 belgian leagues but the last one was in 1935...). Unfortunately they went down and down... Last year they promoted from 3rd division. And that's were I take charge of the club.

I've got a nice stadium (12000 places witjh 2200 seats, not bad for here in Belgium) and my facilities need improvement.

My transfer budet is 70k and max monthly wage is 3000Eur.

Hard work is coming. Unfortunately I should study, exams are coming....

Any advice?

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
    ehhhmmmm....... need help ....

a brand new error appears on the screen when im playing football manager, it says : your memory is dangerously low, free some memory...., when i press ok, it says, football manager 2005 has ran out of memory, fm will quit now......

i have 1024 DDR Ram, i was playing normal yesterday, but today its not working..... :S...

Geof

May 14, 2004
    I sometimes have this kinda problem 2.

But now even worse: I can't open my Union game! It just freezes while loading!!
    I'll try to reinstall FM when I've got some time
    That sux

.AB.

Mafioso
    Jul 15, 2002
    ehhhmmmm....... need help ....

a brand new error appears on the screen when im playing football manager, it says : your memory is dangerously low, free some memory...., when i press ok, it says, football manager 2005 has ran out of memory, fm will quit now......

i have 1024 DDR Ram, i was playing normal yesterday, but today its not working..... :S...
    Increase Virtual Memory

May 4, 2004
    yo.. i just started playing over the network game with a friend.. we live the same block and we have same network the hole block, soo he plays with real madrid :fero: and i play Juventus :D ... its really great, to play with other then the computer u know.. try it..i won the serie a, and lost to him in q-final in cl, but he dident get to the final :p ....

arc

Mar 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++
    yo.. i just started playing over the network game with a friend.. we live the same block and we have same network the hole block, soo he plays with real madrid :fero: and i play Juventus :D ... its really great, to play with other then the computer u know.. try it..i won the serie a, and lost to him in q-final in cl, but he dident get to the final :p ....
    man this is so stupid, stay in the same league

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)