Football Manager 5 (merge) (32 Viewers)

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Yeah, they had a 8 point lead in front of Mila, I finished third and Juve fourth.

And yeah, foreign players have it hard settling in, Tevez and Berbatov are unhappy for me. Doesnt matter tho, they're still playing well.
hmm some players find it hard to settel yes, but i wonder why Tevez does with you, because he join'd me in the fisrt season, 2004-05 and he really plays like crazy, scoring many goals and making alot of assists, but not being unhappy.. well, strange...

Geof

May 14, 2004
I won the title, the cup and the Uefa cup with Anderlecht last year. This summer I signed Verpakovskis and Collen, but I dunno why the results are quite 'poor' this year. I hoped to qualify from my CL group and reach quarters or semi's but I'm really struggling behind Real and Monaco.

In the league i used to win all my matches easily, but this year it's hard and I'm only third. I thought it might be time to use a new tactic. Did you guys have the same type of problem? I mean my players are good (Kompany, Vanden Borre, Guarin, Mascherano, Bierofka, Wilhelmsson, Adu, Roncatto, Zidan, Verpakovskis,....) it's just the tactics.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #546
    I'm currently 3rd in the legue with Roma, 8 points behind Milan and they have a game less. They've gotten incredibly strong since I sold them Cavenaghi :wallbang:

I just played 1-1 with Ternana, after conceding a goal when Miguell missed to clear the ball. He was transfer listed after the match, he wont play a minute for me ever again.

Geof

May 14, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    I sold them Cavenaghi :wallbang:

I just played 1-1 with Ternana, after conceding a goal when Miguell missed to clear the ball. He was transfer listed after the match, he wont play a minute for me ever again.
    You sold Cavenaghi??:eek:

'bout the tactics, I slightly modified it, and won the next match 4-0.

And I finished first from my CL group, 'cause I've beaten Real Madrid at home (3-2 a crazy match, the 7-8 last minutes were crazy, with both teams playing gung ho, desperate for victory. The winning goal was scored in the 94'! I was so happy I fell on the ground and actually hurt my back...). And I drew .............. Juve in the 1/8. This is gonna be very hard.

BTW, I tried to buy Kapo, and Juve agreed for a structured deal of 14Mill €, but I couldn't satisfy his salarial exigences... I'm gonna try again at the end of the season.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #549
    I had to pay 27 mil € for Kapo :frown:

And yes, I sold Cavenaghi for 22 mil € and replaced him with Torres for 80 mil €

Geof

May 14, 2004
    OMG. I got past Juve.

Won 1-0 at home, I was bloody nervous for the return in Delle Alpi, and I won 1-4 !!!!!!!!!

Totally incredible, the Title is almost won (16 points ahead), and I'm in quarters vs Inter. Nothing is impossible now!

Btw I think Inter is very strong in FM. Specially Martins! He always scored at least twice per match vs my Juve team....

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
    Guys the game became very hard after installing the patch, i never win away matches against strong teams...

i guess my tactics arent good enough, im playing 4-4-2, juventus...

any suggestion or a good tactic to try?

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #552
    The game has become much harder indeed. I just had 3 very hard matches, but I managed to do well. First, I had Inter in the Serie A, played 1-1, altho I could have won (damn you Bobo Vieri!!!), then I beat Juve 2-0 in the Serie A, and Milan 3-0 in the Coppa.

I'm 3rd in the league with 4 points behind Juve and 10 behind Milan with 15 games to go. Milan is just too strong, they have like 21 wins, 2 defeats and no draws in the league. I still have a chance tho, I've played all the big teams already while Milan still has to play against Inter, Juve and me in the remaining 15 matches. I'm playing them in the Olimpico so I expect a win.

My advice to you is, if you have better players than the other team, just play the same tactics they are playing. My custom tactics always get beaten by Juve or Inter, so I just play their tactics or the computer's 4-4-2, and it works.

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
    im in the 2nd season now, in the 1st one, i won coppa italia, semi finals CL, 2nd in scudetto (inter got it)...... i bought Bonera in the second season, Cassano for Trezeguet and Baptista in midfield ( btw, Baptista is the best DM in the game i say), and i got 2 young defenders....... anyway, i finsihed 4 th in the serie A, won the CL against Milan......

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    At the end of the transfer market I bought Heitinga from Ajax as Cannavaro's replacement. Beat Milan and Barcelona in the Italian Supercup and European Supercup final respectively. I'll try to get a new RB, though, and if I get a good offer, I'll sell Emerson and buy Mascherano. Cassano is for free next year, so I'll get him as DP's replacement.

My team:

Buffon

Zebina - Kompany - Heitinga - Zambrotta

Camoranesi - Emerson - VDV - Nedved

Robinho - Trezeguet/Zlatan

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
    May 4, 2004
    i really hate myself sometimes.. and thats because (like every time theres a new fm/cm) i play it for like 3 month and then it gets soooo boring for me.. and that why i stoped playing it... dont really know what i should do now?! :sad: maybe start with another team then juve ?

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++
    i really hate myself sometimes.. and thats because (like every time theres a new fm/cm) i play it for like 3 month and then it gets soooo boring for me.. and that why i stoped playing it... dont really know what i should do now?! :sad: maybe start with another team then juve ?
    take a serie C team and dont stop until u won the world club cup.......

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
    Arif is Kompany a good defender? i find his profile stats normal...

im trying to get chivu but Roma won't accept, i offered 30 mils for him but still they are stubborn and won't accept...

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

do what alessandro said. its 45 hours of guaranteed fun

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by NEDVED ] ++
    Arif is Kompany a good defender? i find his profile stats normal...

im trying to get chivu but Roma won't accept, i offered 30 mils for him but still they are stubborn and won't accept...

Yes, Kompany is great. Hes only 18 and already one of the best defenders in the league. And for Chivu, try to get Heitinga instead. He is great, and it would cost less than Chivu.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #560
    I've just lost the title, Milan has a 16 point advantage with 9 games to go. I've lost the title to the opposition's keepers, you have no idea how many times keepers have gotten 9s or 10s against me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)