Football Manager 5 (merge) (70 Viewers)

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
Anyone know good and young LCB? Cannavaro is getting tired.
Chivu is one of the best defenders in the game... and he's 25...

if u need a cheeper, then get Nigel de Jong (Ajax)
he can play D RLC... and He is really good.. And only 20 years old.. Check him ;)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

Chivu is one of the best defenders in the game... and he's 25...

if u need a cheeper, then get Nigel de Jong (Ajax)
he can play D RLC... and He is really good.. And only 20 years old.. Check him ;)
How much did Chivu cost you and in which season?

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Finished my first season with Juve, winning the treble. Juventus and Milan dominated both in Italy and Europe, as CL and Coppa final saw Juventus and Milan against each other, while the Scudetto had to be decided by Juventus and Milan.
After starting my second half of the season, until the end of the season I got beaten three times.
In the CL, i won my first knock-out round against PSG 3-0 on aggregate and had to face Ajax. The gap between Milan and Juve was just for points with 4 rounds till the end. I beat Ajax 4-3 on aggregate and faced Liverpool on the semis.

On the Serie A, 4 rounds till the end, Milan drew with Lecce and I won against Brescia increasing the gap to six points. I faced Milan at San Siro in the next round. I won the Serie A title by beating Milan 1-3 with the goals by Zambrotta and Ibrahimovic (2).
In the CL, in the return leg i won over Liverpool 3-0, after losing in England 2-1. I was facing Milan in the final. Same as CL, I had to face Milan in the coppa Italia too. Having lost the first leg 2-0, I needed to win 3-0 to secure the title. I won 4-0 there. :)

In the CL final, the game was going at it's end, but 4 minutes before the end of the game, I scored. Then, at the final minute of the game, Dida stopped Appiah in the penalty area, a penalty for me. Having made all subs, Milan couldn't replace 2nd keeper with any player, so Shevchenko decided to be the keeper. Del Piero didn't miss from the penalty, and it was 2-0.

Juve won the treble, and I got into Italy hall of fame. :)

At the summer transfer window, so far I sold Appiah to Lazio, and got Van der Vaart and Robinho. I'll try to get another defenced though.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Doesn't that formation leave you with a big gap between the AMs and Pirlo when Kapo and Olivera make their forward runs? I played the exact same tactic not long ago and I found that the opposition would have too much space in midfield when I coughed up possession so I took the arrows off of the MR/L (in your case Kapo and Olivera) and played a classic diamond and it worked alot better. The wide players still get forward because I've given them often for forward runs and have their mentality pretty high and they remember to get back. When I gave them the forward arrow I thought they neglected their defensive duties alot of the time.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #515
    ++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++
    this is my formation... i play with Playmaker... = Ronaldino...

Thats kinda the formation I intent to play with my Roma side, except the full backs and and wingers would both have forward arrows, as well as the DMC to the MC position.

I'm in january of my first season now, and I've decided to splash the cash for a few new players. before the start of the season I sold all of my full backs as I intended to play a 3-4-1-2. Sadly, I wasnt too happy with that formation, as my opponent usually outplayed me, altho I managed to go into the winter break in 4th place. So, in January, I decided to get a few great wingers. I already had D'Agostino who was great on the left, and Bierofka who was my best rated player on the right. mancini tho was dissapointing, so I decided to sell him, to raise funds for new players. Dortmund offered me 20 mil € (his value, but the bastards didnt have enough transfer funds, so in the end I had to settle for 11 mil € from Newcastle. I decided to switch to a 4 man defence, so I bought Miguel for 3 mil € for the right side and play Chivu on the left. For left wing I bought Kapo for 25 mil €, and for the right I bought Olivera for 27 mil €. They both had a great debut, in a 3-0 win over Livorno, Olivera scored 1, while Kapo also scored 1 and set up another as his cross was deflected into the net by a Livorno player. I also decided to bolster the attack a bit, as Cavenaghi isnt Serie A star player material yet, and Montella is old. So, I made offers for Pizzaro from Bayern (20 mil €) and Berbatov (27 mil €). Both of them accepted contrats, but I decided to go with Berbatov because he's 3 years younger (23). As soon as I got him his value jumped from 17 mil € to 24 mil. For the next season, I'm getting Dede, Van Bommel, Santana, all on free transfers. As I'm short of attacking players in the CM Position (I now have Van der Vaart, Aquilani and Mostovoi), I've decided to try to retrain Tevez for that position too.

This is my team:
    Pelizzoli
    Chivu
    Mexes
    Ferrari
    Kompany
    Leggrotaglie
    Moretti
    Miguel
    Kapo
    D'Agostino
    Olivera
    Bierofka
    Huszti
    Van der Vaart
    Aquilani
    Mostovoi
    De Rossi
    Matuzalem
    Delgado
    Tevez
    Cassano
    Berbatov
    Cavnaghi
    Montella

EDIT: I qualified 2nd in my CL group, behind Arsenal, and have been drawn against Valencia in the 1/8 finals.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    I'm getting Cassano next season for free, as he said he's not renewing the contract with Roma and he is levaing under some Bosman ruling.

edit: those bastards from ajax are asking 14.5 mil € for Heitinga. I'm confused, but I think I'll give them the money as I need a young LCB.

Geof

May 14, 2004
    I wasn't satisfied with my Anderlecht game, so I started another one here's my formation:

--------------------------Zitka-------------------------

----------Kompany-------Junior--------Vandenborre

---------------Bassegio---------Mascherano------

Wilhelmsson-------------------------------Bierofka

---------------------------Zetterberg-----------------

---------------Zidan----------------Arshavin----------

May 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
    I'm getting Cassano next season for free, as he said he's not renewing the contract with Roma and he is levaing under some Bosman ruling.

edit: those bastards from ajax are asking 14.5 mil € for Heitinga. I'm confused, but I think I'll give them the money as I need a young LCB.
    i got cassano, totti, montolivo and gilardino for free :)

they will join me in about 4 month..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 67)