Football Manager 5 (merge) (16 Viewers)

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #581
    Is it just me or has the patch made the game too hard, after being too easy? I mean, it's fvcking impossible to beat anyone away, and very hard to win at home as well, no matter what tactic you use. The game used to be too easy, but now it's unrealisticly hard.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    Is it just me or has the patch made the game too hard, after being too easy? I mean, it's fvcking impossible to beat anyone away, and very hard to win at home as well, no matter what tactic you use. The game used to be too easy, but now it's unrealisticly hard.
    Yeh, it did get harder. As i said before, i started playing with Parma. goals were getting pass by me the minute the game starts. it was horrible!.. by January i was 19th in the league (cant believe they didnt sack me then), then i bought Mike Zonneveld (left back) then i started picking up points and finished 11th by the end of the season. missed on the UEFA cup spot on the last day of the season (stupid goal difference) :wallbang: .. Right now i'm on the 2nd season, and am banging everyone who comes my way. :D ( after getting 22 players for free)

CHECK MILAN RESERVES AND U19's. . They've got many brilliant players.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #584
    Yeah, I've started doin well with Juve as well after a slow start (lost 1-0 to PSG in the CL and played 1-1 with Cagliari). After that, I beat Bologna and Sampdoria, and Celtic in the CL and drew with Fiorentina.

I've bought Terry, Bierofka, Yakin and Delgado.

Also, I've arranged transfers for next season for Van der Vaart, Tevez, Diego, Mascherano and Baptista.

Also, I'm getting Chivu. It's bizzare, I offer Roma 35 mil € over 24 months for him and they refuse, but they accept a 10 million € offer from Newcastle. Fine I say, maybe they want the money straight away, so I offer 15 mil € and they refuse. They accept 10 mil € from Newcastle but refuse 15 mil € from me!!! Bloody Sensi I say.

But luckily, Newcastle were stupid enough to give him a 15 mil € minimum fee release clause, so I'll have no problem getting him :D

Also, I suppose I'll get Dede, Nonda and a few more players on a free transfer at the end of the season.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    Actually i've done quite well on my games, the defense always a little bit shaky though. Why is it so hard to tackle the opponent's forwards?

In the first two years I made like 100++million Euros by selling Trezeguet, DP, Emerson, Camonaresi. In exchange I bought Gerrard, Mancini, Gilardino, Ferdinand, Bonera, Cavenaghi. Now after 4 seasons, my whole teams a star line-up, and I have like 160million for transfers, but I don't really know who else to buy.

Btw, Kapo kicks ass in this game!

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    Ok guys I'd like to join you guys in your discussion...I am playing right now CM4 2003/2004...it is outdated I know but I didnt get the chance to buy the new one....and it is been a while. so what is the latest changes in CM world??
    Oh and Zlatan about the Chivu issue, some clubs refuse to sell a player to opposing teams in the same leauge, that is the reason for their bloody sense:D

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #587
    Yeah, I know that, but it's bloody impossible to buy anyone from Roma, it seems they've incorporated the Sensi - Moggi relationship in the game.

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    I read the previous posts and what I understood is that there was a split resulting in CM5 and FM...so which is better zlatan? what do u recommend?

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #589
    TBH, I've only played FM, so I cant really compare them. But I can reccomend FM as a very good game.

May 4, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    Is it just me or has the patch made the game too hard , after being too easy? I mean, it's fvcking impossible to beat anyone away, and very hard to win at home as well, no matter what tactic you use. The game used to be too easy, but now it's unrealisticly hard.
    its not just u.... i hate it.. i can never win ... almost..!

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

its not just u.... i hate it.. i can never win ... almost..!
    if ur playing 4-4-2, make your central midfielders man mark the opponent...

this improved my results when playing away against good teams..

Btw, what season did u reach guys?

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #595
    I'm in January of my first season. I just bought Emre for 6 mil €, Chivu for 15 mil €, and Misimovic for 1 mil €. I have an injury crisis in attack, so I've recalled Sculli.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)