Football Manager 5 (merge) (8 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Yeah, those are the crucial details. Differences in design at this stage will later determine what will and won't be possible to develop at a later stage. Happens all the time with forked projects, Y is better because it has 5 new features but X is better because it has feature m, which Y will never have because the underlying design doesn't allow for it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
Well the team making FM have proved over the years they are capable of producing a top level football simulation while the folks making CM have proved over the years that they can...uh....do a poor job distributing that top level football sim? I think its pretty obvious which is likley to be the better game.

River

Jun 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by BigIzz ] ++
Well the team making FM have proved over the years they are capable of producing a top level football simulation while the folks making CM have proved over the years that they can...uh....do a poor job distributing that top level football sim? I think its pretty obvious which is likley to be the better game.
Actually didnt the guys behind CM already quit before CM4? Maybe those guys are working on the new CM.

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by River ] ++

Actually didnt the guys behind CM already quit before CM4? Maybe those guys are working on the new CM.
No I'm pretty sure they did not, , just with this version

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #68
    No, SI gams have made all the CMs, from CM1 to CM 03/04, and now they're woring on FM5. It's Eidos' new crew that is doing the new cm game from nothing, completely new code, new data, etc, and it's their first game of the kind, so it might not be all that great.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    the 2d field thing looks pretty cool and smooth, but in the video I couldn't see where the heck the ball was :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    :LOL: LMAO! Not the second field, clown, the 2D field. Yeah, you know. Two dimensional.

Wait... you know that already but you were just playing the arsenal, weren't you? Or were you? :undecide:

Do let me know :)

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    will it be released as a usual CD-rom, or as DVD-form?! I'm scared because I don't have a DVD-player in my computer... :scared:

Sep 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
    :LOL: LMAO! Not the second field, clown, the 2D field. Yeah, you know. Two dimensional.

Wait... you know that already but you were just playing the arsenal, weren't you? Or were you? :undecide:

Do let me know :)

oh shit, my bad. in gray's post instead of 2d field i read 2nd field. shit, im an accidental arsenal. too cool. anyway, that high tech thingy call 2D :)eek: ) field SUCKS.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    I've heard that the beta demo will be on a CD which will come with this month's edition of Football Manager magazine, but it will be available for download as well, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)