Football Manager 5 (merge) (9 Viewers)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Cm 03/04 with all the patching done is starting to look decent imo. CM3 was cooler but this one ain't so bad. I can't bring myself to play the old games though, so outdated.

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
I just started a new game with Marco in the portuguese second division, it's not the same feeling to the new games. I don't mind that it's outdated, I usually play so long that everyone's retired anyway so it doesn't really matter :)

River

Jun 15, 2004
I dont play the old games anymore because they are just too easy. CM4 is the first game that is actually challenging.

My last season playing an older CM i won the italian league with Bari in the first season. Its boring.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
Screenshots available here. Looks pretty slick. Anyone know if they're changing to an new engine for this, or just modifying the old CM one? If it's new, I'll going to hold off getting it, in case of a new CM4-style beta release.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #55
    I'm pretty sure I already made a thread about FM2005 :undecide:

Anyways, it will be the same match engine, altho modified. SI have also said that preliminary tests have shown that FM2004 is 30-40% faster than CM 03/04, but they have added a few things since and need to further optimize the code so they arent putting out any official figures. The FM Magazine will be out in late September and the Beta Demo will be available for download just a few days later.

River

Jun 15, 2004
    I dont really see how these games can be that different. Surely they are both aiming for the same thing, a better CM. Different engine and whatever, but i think they will be too similar.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #58
    Yeah, thats what they're sayig at their website, www.sigames.com

Anyways, thats just the Beta demo. The users will report bugs and their thoughts on the official messageboard so it might have a few changes until the Gold demo. the gold demo is a demo of the full game, it will be exactly like the game, except it's limited to 6 months of game time. The game itself is expected to be relseased in Q4 of 2004, so it'll probably be around Christmas IMO. The engine is the same, so there shouldnt be too many bugs.

The sigames.com bootroom delivers a quick overview of FM5 functions, today it's international management

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
    I dont really see how these games can be that different. Surely they are both aiming for the same thing, a better CM. Different engine and whatever, but i think they will be too similar.
    The devil's in the details, my dear.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)