Football Manager 5 (merge) (26 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Ramin ] ++

Stu, your so realistic :eyepatch:
Yeah I know. I want to keep things similar to real life in my first season but come next term Chimenti, Birindelli, Pessotto, Tudor, Tacchinardi, Camoranesi, Zalayeta and possibly Trezeguet will have to find themselves new clubs.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I've won all of my pre-season games so far, conceding only one goal (to Milan). Competition for first team places is heating up as Kapo has complained about me signing Juninho saying that he thinks it'll limit his playing time and Camoranesi is unhappy because he has been benched for Olivera.

Juninho scored a stunning strike on debut but suffered an injury in the same match, sidelining him for three weeks. I had a bit of an injury crisis going into my CL qualifier agains Maccabi Tel Aviv with Camo, Neddy and Juninho all unavailable so Olivera and Kapo started on the flanks with DP behind Zlatan and Trez. I won 2-0 with Kapo playing a 10 and scoring in his first competitive match.

Camoranesi and Nedved were back for the second leg but the former had to settle for a place on the bench given Olivera's superb form. This time round it was Emerson who wasn't at my disposal and with Blasi away on international duty Tacchinardi started in the holding midfield role. He played a 9 and got his name on the scoresheet while Nedved was the MOTM. Del Piero and Ibrahimovic started upfront and got a goal each. I've been drawn with Chelsea, Celtic and Leverkusen in the groupstage of the CL.

So far so good, but no-one seems to be interested in purchasing Appiah and Iuliano...

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #664
    I played Nedved in a central midfield role with Emerson.

Kapo - Neddved - Emerson - Olivera

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    I played Nedved in a central midfield role with Emerson.

Kapo - Neddved - Emerson - Olivera
    So you play a flat midfield but give one of the CMs more attacking instructions than the other? I'm trying that now and Juninho is revelling in that role.

Olivera hasn't seen as much playing time recently because Camo said that he'll leave unless he plays more often and he's doing well anyways.

Del Piero is on fire. He's averaging 9.67 (8 goals in 3 games) in the league and close to 9 in Europe. On the opening day of the season he bagged a brace at home to Atalanta and has since scored hat-tricks against Milan (4-1) and Roma (4-0).

Ibrahimovic got sent off in my last CL game for diving (two bookable offences) and that kinda ticked me off so I gave him a formal warning. Trezeguet is constantly struggling with minor injuries but when he is fit his form is usually good.

PS. Vanden Borre is finding it hard settling in Turin, any advise?

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #672
    ++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++

So you play a flat midfield but give one of the CMs more attacking instructions than the other? I'm trying that now and Juninho is revelling in that role.

PS. Vanden Borre is finding it hard settling in Turin, any advise?

Yes, exactly.

And I dont think you can do aynthing about Vanden Borre, he couldnt settle in the club ad refused to sign a new contract for me.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #674
    No, but if you get him in the start of the game you can only sign a youth contract with him, and since he doesnt want to sign a new one later he's free to join whoever he wants when it runs out.

OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #679
    ++ [ originally posted by NEDVED ] ++
    Zlatan i wonder how the case was before the patch, 18-0 maybe :D

anyway, can u upload ur tactic somewhere?

Here, just extract the tactics to c:\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football manager 2005\tactics, and the match to c:\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football manager 2005\matches.

The tactic is a very attacking 4-4-2 with overlapping fullbacks, one attacking and one defensive central midfielder, it works best when playing at home, it's too attacking to play with away.

The match is the 8-0 one agaisnt Parma.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    No, but if you get him in the start of the game you can only sign a youth contract with him, and since he doesnt want to sign a new one later he's free to join whoever he wants when it runs out.
    Ah, ok.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)