Football Manager 2022 (1 Viewer)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Finale.. Liverpool won it easily, City was there till round 32 +- and then started to struggle and Arsenal came out of nowhere to pip me to 2nd place.
Now my team should tell me if Im realistic or not.. non believers..
1638732993067.png

By the way - Raul Jimenez is unbelievable - He scores 4 goals a game from time to time.. Fabio Silva also improves a lot.

Got Soucek Mck P.Goncalves - Did a stupid move with the last one but I couldnt know L.Alberto would suddenly has a change of heart and would be available..
Lost the first two games of the season to Newcastle and Watford despite having a much better stats to the game.
Won 4-0 vs Leicester with 10 men and won against Man Utd so Im 2-0-2 for this new season.
I wonder if I can go far in the CL as my team is still inferior to the really strong teams.

Liverpool are just unstoppable and just when I find a great opportunity they make a bid and steal my player. Some Sporting Lisbon CB DM CM kind of player - Very good.

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Second season with Wolves
I got Soucek Mck Pedro Goncalves R.Guerrero while I loaned Pulgar for another season.
I started badly with 5L in 7 games but the team improved and I got a defender to bolster my defence Tapsoba and loaned Moukoko from Dortmund so I have a decent sub.
Results started coming, had a nightmare group of PSG Real Madrid and Milan. Won and lost against PSG and Milan while I managed to beat Real Madrid twice.
Got Porto in the knockouts and it started badly with 3-0 to Porto. My team got back and rescued a 3-3 draw in Portugal. I beat them on the return leg and now I have City.
I won the Corbo something cup but got eliminated in the FA by Everton.
In the league, despite starting badly with 5L out of 7 games this is how the table looks right now:
1639130370458.png

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I managed to win the league in the end - I really thought Im going to get my ass kicked by one of Utd or Liverpool but I beat Utd away and I crushed Liverpool (home)
As for CL - I went through Porto but got eliminated in the QF by Man City 1-0 on aggregate.

OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #129
    Think its fair to say I need a new challenge. Just begun the fifth season and I'm laying waste to everything in my path. Genoa or ManC doesn't matter.

This is in spite of the fact half of my team loathes me because I always ignore their complaints lol

Screenshot 2021-12-15 130855.png

Screenshot 2021-12-15 130935.png

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    Ibanez looks athletic but "stupid", how did he do so well?
    And how did you manage do get such good average rating from your fullbacks? Mine are struggling and I think it has more to do with tactical issues than the players.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #132
    Ibanez does quite well for me good ball playing CB strong tackle, strong in the air and I have him "stay back at all times" to mitigate my exposure to his decision making

Below you can see my tactical instructions and player roles (i rarely use individual instructions)

Both of my fullbacks play WB (S) to offer the team's only real width. Guardiol has the pace to knock it past opponents but i use that for him to create space and play an angled through ball to chiesa or zaniolo. He rarely gets very far forward or crosses.

Dest has more freedom to get forward he has player trait of "get forward whenever possible". He still plays through balls from wide and occasionally cuts in but he has more freedom to get forward, to dribble then guardiol.

When my RW forces opposition LB to play narrow then Dest will make a higher run and DLP or CM will occasionally play a ball to him. Dest gets to the byline and crosses center to Vlahovic or cuts back to an onrushing CM. Situations like these are really the only opportunity that my fullbacks regularly reach the byline or cross from otherwise they are mostly just support looking to play balls to the wingers.

I like this because I never get exposed out wide on the counter. Guardiol in particular is a monster who shuts down whatever the opposition tries down his flank

Screenshot 2021-12-16 095000.png

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    Was top of the league, second season, until final round. Lost away to Newcastle, 2-1... ended up on level points with Liverpool and Arsenal but they had better GD so ended up in third place. Happy with third place but obviously a shame we couldn't hold on.

Taken in Demiral, Luis Diaz, Delle Alli for third season, which is undergoing. Also taken in Cancelo on loan for free and signed a few regens (two go straight to the first squad). Sold a bunch of players so I've made a large profit. Going for Bellingham the day he is willing to join us.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #138
    Just started a save as Venezia and holy crap I am screwed. There is no technical ability in these players, no pace to counter with and no funds to bring in even loan players cause of salary.

I have absolutely no idea what I am supposed to do with this shit heap. I've played as Sass or Atalanta before but never as the worst side in the league

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Hahah, you diidnt research them before taking them on?

and BC81, I take PSG with glee, koul khara ya hiwan :D

Actually I have another level of problem then you Kyle, I find it unrealistic how quick players retire, Ramos retired 2022 summer (in few months irl, will never happen). Then Di Maria and Messi retire the next summer, I was like WTF? What gives with this game and quick retirees. It was similar FM21, Chiellini, Buffon and other senior players I had all retired within a year.

But one thing good came out of this, even if Messi lives a MASSIVE hole I cant re-fill in this OP team (I been trying with Salah few months before Messi retire, no go lol), its that atleast Messi has fire stats as a coach too lol. So immediately hired him for my U19 team.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #140
    Oh boohoo Osman if Messi retires you can just sign another superstar like Chiesa or Dybala.

and, no, the only thing I know about Venezia is that they have Busio and Tessman. Figured I would try a relegation struggler for the first time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)