Football Manager 2022 (2 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Stop being a Pep, Kyle. It's in those earlier days with the shit players and team that you learn the most tactically. Eventually your players get better as you improve and get more money in, but at a point the game because infinitely easier when you end up with a team like that Osman started with lol.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
psg-paris-saint-germain.gif

- - - Updated - - -

@JuveJay imagine my glee, when NGX made top 50 wonderkids of the year 2022, and after I looked through whole list of 50, I see a seperate section of the 12 players in that 50 man list:

1wonderkids.png

60d11c9af33230fee6f084741239b069.gif

The top 6 guys I expected, but the other 6 being on the list suprised me, since they are still in my youth teams, and not my main team like the other ones (or loaned out).

Last edited:
OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #145
    Did you know Venezia has a 38 y/o Molinaro with a contract until 2024? :howler: and I can get Maggio on a free for the other side. :tuttosport:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    I finished 2nd with Coventry on my save, City signed Haaland and they scored 110 goals so it was hard to top them, although I did beat them 3-0 at home.

Dwight McNeil, Talles Magno, Brenner, Lorenzo Lucca, Andrea Carboni, Samuele Ricci and Gabriele Zappa were my key players. Got that Italian core.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #147
    I finished 2nd with Coventry on my save, City signed Haaland and they scored 110 goals so it was hard to top them, although I did beat them 3-0 at home.

Dwight McNeil, Talles Magno, Brenner, Lorenzo Lucca, Andrea Carboni, Samuele Ricci and Gabriele Zappa were my key players. Got that Italian core.
    What year?

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002

Lorenzo Lucca is insane in this game. Heading machine. He is with your Brenner and Talles Magno popular with almost every small team saves I seen.

Only one I dont recognize there is Andrea Carboni, where did you find him.

Also recommend the Danish league for cheap and nice talents.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Lorenzo Lucca is insane in this game. Heading machine. He is with your Brenner and Talles Magno popular with almost every small team saves I seen.

Only one I dont recognize there is Andrea Carboni, where did you find him.

Also recommend the Danish league for cheap and nice talents.
    He was on loan at Cagliari I think from Atalanta. Zappa also from Cagliari.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #151
    Lorenzo Lucca is my #1 target but he is way too expensive even after selling every bit of deadweight.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    I got him for £10.5m because I couldn't afford him originally and then he went to an MLS team, but thankfully they have pretty low fees or clauses to buy players. Talles Magno only cost £6m, Ricci was the same. Brenner was £8m. I got a kid from Roma called Matteo Cancellieri on a free who is a very useful backup winger.

There is a handy Georgian goalkeeper called Marmadashvili who I got from Dinamo Tblisi for next to nothing. I've got my eye on Giorgio Scalvini from Atalanta who is another big DC talent. When it comes to Italian players I tend to go with a bit of my own knowledge as well and Wisdom Amey is another wonderkid. For a bigger team backup or top 8 starting left back there is also Matteo Ruggeri, yet another Atalanta product who is currently on loan at Salernitana in real life. He is very good on the game and a real life talent, I think he has quite bad injury problems at the moment though.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #153
    I know all these players (minus the Georgian GK) from my Juventus save. Can't afford any of them :(

Finished my first season with Venezia btw. Got 10th place in Serie A which I am reasonably satisfied with (media predicted 20th place finish)

Still feel like my tactics are kind of shit though. I can beat the lower and mid table Serie A sides but I still get whooped by anything in the top 6.

So far this window I have added Matias Arezo, Vignato, Adrien Silva, Calafiori, Roncaglia, Letizia and Scamacca. Additionally, I renewed the loans of Caldara and Ampadu. Feeling like I've done an excellent job adding quality on my tiny budget just not sure how to fit it all together, what tactical changes to make to shoot for higher than 10th this time around

trying to avoid reverting to 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 as I always use those when I play as juve

Screenshot 2022-01-10 131502.png

Last edited:
    OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #155
    Was sick last week so I made some progress on my Venezia save.

Finished my 2nd season 22/23 in 4th place.

venezia.png

Now that I am a CL participant I finally got a transfer budget bigger than 2mil euros lol

Completed the signings of Scammacca, Vignato (were previously here on loan) got Caldara on a Bosman, Luca Pellegrini for 1mil and finally managed to sign Lorenzo Lucca for 5mil after he was transferlisted. Additionally, I extended the loans of Cancellieri, Calafiori and brought in Rafael Moro from Lazio.

I'm quite satisfied with my team for the most part. Attack and midfield are infinitely stronger than what I started the game with, maybe not scudetto quality yet but certainly good enough to finish top 4 again.

Only thing that fucked me is Sergio Romero decided to retire end of season (despite having a further year on his contract) and i have no money to even loan another keeper so I am starting the season with Lezzerini who is Venezia's backup GK :scared:

tactics.png

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Was sick last week so I made some progress on my Venezia save.

Finished my 2nd season 22/23 in 4th place.

venezia.png

Now that I am a CL participant I finally got a transfer budget bigger than 2mil euros lol

Completed the signings of Scammacca, Vignato (were previously here on loan) got Caldara on a Bosman, Luca Pellegrini for 1mil and finally managed to sign Lorenzo Lucca for 5mil after he was transferlisted. Additionally, I extended the loans of Cancellieri, Calafiori and brought in Rafael Moro from Lazio.

I'm quite satisfied with my team for the most part. Attack and midfield are infinitely stronger than what I started the game with, maybe not scudetto quality yet but certainly good enough to finish top 4 again.

Only thing that fucked me is Sergio Romero decided to retire end of season (despite having a further year on his contract) and i have no money to even loan another keeper so I am starting the season with Lezzerini who is Venezia's backup GK :scared:

tactics.png
    You are benching Busio??? :tdown:

Hope you go down.

bianconera_BG

Jul 18, 2017
    If anything will cost me my nerves in this game it will be the f'king bench and rotational players constantly whining for more playing time... you have a backup/rotation role in your contract, you accepted it so stop crying every few weeks ffs :wallbang:

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Nice bump, I finally started playing again, been a while. Was waiting for transfer window to close so could start a Juve save with winter transfers updated. Plus downloaded and using an extensive custom database for pure realism by a dude called Daveincid. https://sortitoutsi.net/content/59366/fm22-increase-realism-megapack?page=1

I'm still in pre-season, I signed Zaniolo, cuz he is basically my favourite non Juve player.

Also signed Giovinco, because why the fuck not, pure nostalgia :D

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    Nice bump, I finally started playing again, been a while. Was waiting for transfer window to close so could start a Juve save with winter transfers updated. Plus downloaded and using an extensive custom database for pure realism by a dude called Daveincid. https://sortitoutsi.net/content/59366/fm22-increase-realism-megapack?page=1

I'm still in pre-season, I signed Zaniolo, cuz he is basically my favourite non Juve player.

Also signed Giovinco, because why the fuck not, pure nostalgia :D
    Started one too and for Totti's son!

Sent from my Samsung via Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)