Football Manager 2022 (9 Viewers)

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
I got 5mil for MDS, seemed like about the most that can be got.
If you haven't considered it then you might want to try Kulu as AP. I have used him as CM both AP and Mezz and it has worked well for me.

I'm only in December (in my save since the full release) but the two signings I made are Luis Diaz from Porto and Papetti from Brescia. Didn't see a reason to sign a new CM until summer.
How much did you pay for Diaz? I was looking to sign him for rotation on the wings but Porto want north of 50m

I can't decide who to get for the fullback backups. There is no cheap middle options, either Bastoni from Spezia or Reguilon, nobody in the middle.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #62
    How much did you pay for Diaz? I was looking to sign him for rotation on the wings but Porto want north of 50m

I can't decide who to get for the fullback backups. There is no cheap middle options, either Bastoni from Spezia or Reguilon, nobody in the middle.
    I paid 10 mil initial fee with an additional 40mil spread out over 3 installments. Porto rejected that offer at first but eventually accepted it. It was more than I wanted to spend but I was determined to get him. Dude is world class.

Haven't signed any fullbacks yet but I am scouting Lazzarri, Lamptey, Livramento and Dest. Would prefer the American but we'll see who is available when summer comes.

As far as LBs go I am scouting Calafiori, nuno mendes, george bello and matteo Ruggeri.

Not sure what these players will cost in the end but I'm hoping the scouting and declaring interest will eventually unsettle someone into being transfer listed

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    Only managed 2 games but both a win against Inter at home 2-0 and Fiorentina away 2-1
    Didnt get anyone - Impossible to get someone good at a decent price...
    Sold Berna to Roma 8M+future selling %
    MDS couldnt get rid of him... maybe I tried too late.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
    End of first, have one more game in the league and CL final vs Liverpool

Shithoused my way in CL semis vs RM. Won the first game 2-1, played really well, then the second got an early lead through Bonucci, RM were better, equalized, scored the second, disallowed for offside, Chiesa won a penalty and Dybala scored, won 2-1 there too.

Last round of Serie A Milan have one point more than me. They play away to Genoa, me vs Torino away too.

Won Coppa vs Inter

Morata is really good to end this season, I'll have to buy him out. Atletico actually accepted 20m offer after a lot of negotiating but Morata doesn't want to negotiate rn lol

- - - Updated - - -

Won the derby through Dybala, Milan were down 1-0 to Genoa, but they overturned it and won the title after all

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    End of first, have one more game in the league and CL final vs Liverpool

Shithoused my way in CL semis vs RM. Won the first game 2-1, played really well, then the second got an early lead through Bonucci, RM were better, equalized, scored the second, disallowed for offside, Chiesa won a penalty and Dybala scored, won 2-1 there too.

Last round of Serie A Milan have one point more than me. They play away to Genoa, me vs Torino away too.

Won Coppa vs Inter

Morata is really good to end this season, I'll have to buy him out. Atletico actually accepted 20m offer after a lot of negotiating but Morata doesn't want to negotiate rn lol

- - - Updated - - -

Won the derby through Dybala, Milan were down 1-0 to Genoa, but they overturned it and won the title after all

Capture.JPG
    91pts with this team isnt bad at all. CL final vs Liverpool is impressive - Do you cheat or is it all legit?
    The team I have need many changes in order to be optimized for my formation as I like to play 4-3-1-2 on FM rather than use wingers.
    Chiesa - I try to train him as a forward as I dont use wingers. This is also the reason I sold Bernadette.

- - - Updated - - -

mbappe.png

As a Juve fan I should be glad, but I'm horrified, because I'm managing PSG :D He refused to listen to ALL my offers.
    and he chose Juve over Real City and the likes? This is weird..
    I`ll check your post when I reach January and see what I should offer him...

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
    Won the CL final

What a game. What. A. Game.

I still have some issues with this game, but it finally seems like my players are actually reacting to my instructions and doing what I want them to do

I was fully expecting to lose the final, Liverpool have crushed me the last few years on this game whenever I played them, but I finally managed to do it. Put out a very compact and aggressive setup, forced them wide, they had me on the ropes in the second half but in true Max fashion my in-game changes made the difference.

Locatelli conceded a penalty early in the 2nd half, I was struggling to get real chances besides some crosses Morata sent to the stands, told Cuadrado to start crossing to far post and instructed low crosses to the entire team. First attack after their goal Cuadrado puts in a bullet to the far post, Chiesa puts it in.

They hit a post then, Woj made some big saves, Origi was close a couple times and I could barely hang on. Put Berna on for ET instead of Cuadrado, pretty uneventful ET until he sent through Kean 1-1 with Alisson. Immediately went 352 with Chiellini and survived their bombardment of crosses until the end.

1.JPG

2.JPG

91pts with this team isnt bad at all. CL final vs Liverpool is impressive - Do you cheat or is it all legit?
    The team I have need many changes in order to be optimized for my formation as I like to play 4-3-1-2 on FM rather than use wingers.
    Chiesa - I try to train him as a forward as I dont use wingers. This is also the reason I sold Bernadette.
    It is legit, have no reason to cheat anymore lol

3.JPG

Had a pretty luck draw until the semis. Villarreal almost knocked me out. Played really well against RM and the final was a dogfight. De Ligt played injured the entire game almost

Extended him for 5 years, he is a beast

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
    Damn Milan is really recruiting well.

They got Vlahović (made a mistake in the last post, Vlahović is going to Milan, Belotti to Inter), Jesus Corona, Christensen on free and Renato Sanches. Hopefully it will be a tight fight again next season

This was one of the must fun seasons I ever had since FM13 and FM10.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
    Capture.JPG

Lol when did Paratici take over at Zenit. Got 5-6 offers at 6.5m and 3-4m wage contribution from my side, Zenit the only ones offering 22.5m including bonuses and only 2m contribution from me

Capture.JPG

First signing of the season

And second

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

2.JPG

Last edited:

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
    The CWC new format is really messed up on the game. It starts on June 20th 2022 and you cannot register your incoming signings and you can play your outgoing players but after July 1st they leave but you cannot register the new signings instead of them.

Also, Morata and Chiesa cannot play because their loans are coming to an end even though I bought them both permanently.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #70
    Was planning to let Berna leave on a free but, come January, Manure bid 5mil. I countered with non-negotiable 15mil rebuttal and they accepted :lol3:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    Ok so my season is this:
    Won the league with a few games to spare with only 2 draws both vs Milan. After I won the league I lost a game.
    Then I met Milan in the Coppa final 0-0 FT 1-0 win ET - Milan are quite tough to beat...
    Now I have Milan in the final of the CL - recreating 2003 - Yet to play this one but I hope to get a revenge. I almost got eliminated by Dortmund in the semis as I beat them 3-0 but lost 3-1. Draw was quite comfortable with Chelsea the only team worth mentioning (Atl Mad in the group stage).

Signed Mbappe for next season. Im shocked he chose me as I barely got his desired wages and City Real etc.. all were trying to sign him.

Now for something even more surprising then all of this... Morata won the golden ball - only on FM...

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
    Capture.JPG

Season opener vs Milan at home, it'll be a treat

Monaco offering a 3m loan for Bentancur with a mandatory purchase of 30m. Not sure if I should accept. He's a decent squad player, don't know who to replace him with

- - - Updated - - -

2.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Capture.JPG

Pure domination

- - - Updated - - -

I have to say, De Ligt might be the most dominant 2D circle I've seen on this game since the early days of Kurt Zouma hype. He is untouchable for me in the BPD Stopper role

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    So I beat Milan in the CL in style and then Club World cup and who am I facing in the QF if its not Milan.. beat them in style.
    I signed Gavi from Barcelona who looks promising Mbappe is a free transfer and I have around 90M to spend.
    Looking for CM with the attributes of an advanced playmaker. Who should I go for?

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #74
    Completed summer transfer window 2022.

Chiellini retired sold Rabiot and Rugani.

Demiral and Rovella returned signed Lazzari, Castrovilli and my long term no #1 target Vlahovic.

Coincidentally, first game of the season was away at the Artemiio Franchi

Fior.PNG

I'm out of cash but if I can sell Ramsey or Arthur before the window closes then i could use the petty cssh for Zapata (currently listed for only 12mil) Dest or Calafiori.

When I have real money again long term targets are SMS and Ibanez.

Fucked up bit is i had numerous high offers for Arthur and he rejected every contract. Fucker cost me at least 1-2 more signings i could have done this window

Squad now looks like this:

squad.PNG

Last edited:

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    Completed summer transfer window 2022.

Chiellini retired sold Rabiot and Rugani.

Demiral and Rovella returned signed Lazzari, Castrovilli and my long term no #1 target Vlahovic.

Coincidentally, first game of the season was away at the Artemiio Franchi

Fior.PNG

I'm out of cash but if I can sell Ramsey or Arthur before the window closes then i could use the petty cssh for Zapata (currently listed for only 12mil) Dest or Calafiori.

When I have real money again long term targets are SMS and Ibanez.

Fucked up bit is i had numerous high offers for Arthur and he rejected every contract. Fucker cost me at least 1-2 more signings i could have done this window

Squad now looks like this:

squad.PNG
    Do they nickname your style on FM?
    They call mine vertical tiki-taka (No.. the highlights are nothing Sarri like..)

I actually have a lot to spend and I havent signed a striker but Mbappe for free. I extended the loan of Morata as he was a beast.

Now I have a few options but I really need a CM to play advanced playmaker as Rabiot is currently my guy and he isnt even suited to the role

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    Gravenberch? Ivan Ilic, Almada, Kozlowski, and how does Fagioli develop? Was hoping he would be my man when I start a Juve save.

OP
    X Æ A-12

X Æ A-12

Contributor
    Sep 4, 2006
  • Thread Starter #78
    Do they nickname your style on FM?
    They call mine vertical tiki-taka (No.. the highlights are nothing Sarri like..)

I actually have a lot to spend and I havent signed a striker but Mbappe for free. I extended the loan of Morata as he was a beast.

Now I have a few options but I really need a CM to play advanced playmaker as Rabiot is currently my guy and he isnt even suited to the role
    I told you, bro use Kulusevski as attack minded CM/ AP. Now Castrovili is my 2nd choice

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    I told you, bro use Kulusevski as attack minded CM/ AP. Now Castrovili is my 2nd choice
    When Kulu came I argued he would be best suited in a mezzela role or De Bruyne role, so it doesn't surprise me. When I start my save I'll try it out too!

Sent from my Samsung via Tapatalk

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
    1637448854034.png

Possession stats have been ridiculous last couple editions tbh. This is an extreme example but I regularly get games where possession and shots/goals are hugely disproportionate

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)